Thoughts on SW Australia

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

aegisx
Colonel

Thoughts on SW Australia

Post by aegisx »

I am trying to fix the SW Australia economy... The little brief says I should be self sufficient, wrong :) Once my consumer goods stocks run out, I go into a huge trade defeict (sp?). Now Ive tried to fix this... I brought my consumer goods factories up in condition, allowing me to produce more. This however costs me alot in Industrial tools. So I bring up my industrial tools factories and fix them up, this costs more industrial tools. Meanwhile, with things running better, Im still negative by 15 million or so.... If I want to build a new consumer goods factory, it will cost alot in Industrial tools, then I will need a new power plant... more industrial tools. Guess what consumer goods need to build? Industrial tools.... I build a new Industrial tools plant, which is crazy expensive, so I end up getting bonds until my credit is worthless... I also don't have much to trace to balance it, around 1M a day if Im lucky (I think its daily)

Thoughts?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The story was probably written too early in the development and when map balance was checked and updated for the map, the storyline never changed. I'll add this to my notes of things to review. Sadley, it is likely the story that will change, not the industries :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

Any thoughts on how I could fix up my economic problems?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

A few ideas. Check if some of your products are costing you more to make than they would to import. Or even if the Consumer Goods (CG) cost more, accept to import them so that you can use the Industrial Goods(IG) you make to build more stuff. Increasing IG capacity is always helpful. You could also give your minister the priority to decrease domestic demand. This will make him/her increase the price of CG and other population consumables (water,food,etc.) which has an impact on demand. Maybe slash social spending for a while to improve production.

Nah, just invade your neighbour and take what you need :lol:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”