Need economic help

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

jomorisin
Warrant Officer

Post by jomorisin »

Igor wrote:Besides, i've suffered more than 2 million casualties so far, so that probably helps keep unemployment down too.
lol
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

i got a bigger problem well kinda. Inflation is at 25 my GDP is over 45000 unemployment is at 2.7 got self suffient on everything nearly but unranium and ore most my industries are at eff 100% or higher. I tried raising taxes their at 70 now tried raising the domestic cost even to 150% and the DAP is still going up which is good and the ppl love me. Should i be concerned? And i'm making money and building units.
jomorisin
Warrant Officer

Post by jomorisin »

samba14 wrote:
Igor wrote: Failing that, i would apreciate someone telling me how to decrease the inflation without decreasing per capita income.
Short answer: Reduce military spending

Long Answer including how to best manage the economy:
Well, I think I have mastered the economy. I would encourage others to verify and confirm what I have done. To understand how to manage it, one must first understand the main product the economy was built upon, and that is, for war (the military).

It seems that most of the scenarios and territories start with huge armies, deficits and debt. Maybe it is this way to coincide with the story (it makes sense). In any case, here is the details how I kept my treasury at over $15,000 then stomp my enemies playing the Southwest U.S. scenario as Arizona:

I first immediately replaced my cabinet with those specializing in the field (i.e. Treasury with someone with high economy IQ). I then issues the following orders: State department to trade for profit, treasury to minimize taxation, and fight inflation, Interior to concentrate on domestic approval and tech level.

I took control over the defense department and lowered the troops pay and maintenance budget. Then I ordered them to stop building units and missiles and ordered them to concentrate on "quality" rather than "quantity".

I then started scraping bases (not airfields) and scrapping 50% of all outdated battalions including air land and sea.

Took a look at my production demands and built the appropriate number of facilities SLOWLY.

Once my economy took off, inflation soared and unemployment dropped. Once I got over $15,000 in the treasury, I told the defense department to start auto building units and missiles occasionally turning off auto build to let the treasury increase again. Before I knew it, I was stock filled with modern units, tons of money and a pretty good approval rating.

I hope this helps and would like someone to verify this. It works for me.
samba I did exactle this and within about 5 months my treasury was at 18,000, approval rising, nice military - although my manpower was a bit low and couldn't churn out even the 'quality' units I needed until Central Texas attacked me (Houston).

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”