Seizing resources on the map?

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

lordrune
Lieutenant

Seizing resources on the map?

Post by lordrune »

One thing that got me intrigued in beta was all the potential resources lying off the coast of certain countries (for example, oil deposits a little way outside NZ's territorial waters). Is it possible to seize those resources, and what are the consequences of doing so?
Robot_Of_War
Sergeant

Post by Robot_Of_War »

From what I can remember all of those lands belong to the shady World Market, and can be had for free with the slight consequence of having waves of their tanks roll through and destroy most of your country, along with sactions and the like.

Has anyone actually tried this in game yet?
lordrune
Lieutenant

Post by lordrune »

I think there may be a way to 'legally claim' the land, though? there was some feature in the diplomatic options in the beta, but it wasn't usable... presumably not implemented at that stage (don't know if it is now...)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Currently there is no way to take World Market territory. We don't have any design notes on such things. Feel free to submit ideas on how this would work and we'll consider it for future updates when we start on new features (that could be a while btw, lots of noted features we're working on)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

I think EVERYONE can build refineries on WM terrirtory. The WM gets a cut (20%) or something of the production.SUpply should be locked at 50%.

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”