Victory through economics?

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

fallen77
Warrant Officer

Victory through economics?

Post by fallen77 »

Is it possible for a country to fold? I'm not the most educated on this game so correct anything I say... If your texas and you want to acquire Mexico is it possible to do things just to cripple Mexico's economy so bad that there's a civil war/movement to join a nearby successful country?

Like Could you block all ports, destroy trade lines along the outskirt of Mexico, Destroy industries/commerce... and just sit back till there's nothing left but debt and come in? Or will you then acquire the debt with the new land?
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

I suppose to could destroy their industaries and stuff so they are crippled ecomically and so their army might revolt...

This could then lead to them willing to accept surrender on your terms...

Like give you land in return for peace but i don't think all the country is just gonna say 'You know what I wanna be ruled by Texas' :wink:
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
fallen77
Warrant Officer

Post by fallen77 »

True... kinda. If were back in an age where there aren't really countries more territories and borders change all the time. Each city is more like an alliance to the people that 'claim' their ownership. Or at least that's how I'm imagining it.

Is there a spell check on the forums?
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

fallen77 wrote: Is there a spell check on the forums?
Nope... and don't botter ( :D ) mine is even worst...

Cheers

Ps if you have any problems with that .. ask Mighty Moose ... :lol:

Cheers
Son of Moose
Colonel

Post by Son of Moose »

BigStone:

Many thanks for the vote of confidence!! :D

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”