Sell units

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

BigStone
General

Sell units

Post by BigStone »

Will it be profitable to sell units..... ?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Depends on the units. Usually, if it's more than a 5 year old design, you'll almost break even. If it's current, you could be able to get from 5-15% markup. If memory serves, I was playing California building Raptors for about 1.7 billion and could sell them for 2 billion per squadron. Only problem was, I wanted them for myself ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Well thats great news.... :)

First thing i gonna do is building up a hugh military(& space) industry... :lol:

Cheers
hithere
Captain

Post by hithere »

yes, but, it seems that the more of something you sell, the less you get. this is ok, but i sold 3 eurofighters at something like 1.1 billion. the 4th was 500 M. that does seem alittle steep of a drop to me. wish you could see how much you get for them before you sell them.

also, when you sell the eq (in the advanced orders box)...do they go to the world market?? or could they go to you enemys? the game only tells you they were bought
hi there
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Essentially, they go into "foreign arms dealers". We do not specify where the equipment goes, but it does not get "offered" to opposing regions. Those offers are formulated independantly.

As for the pricing, I will investigate that one a little further, I agree that the pricing could be more consistent
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”