export interface sliders

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

clayog123
Sergeant

export interface sliders

Post by clayog123 »

Is there a reason they reset to zero every day end?

I tried locking, did not work.

I wanted to set a export of 2,000 timber, (have tons extra), and have the export surplus also set at 100% with auto pricing turned on. Would like to leave this setting until I see a need to lower or raise it. But have to go in every day and put the 2,000 units back on the slider.

Is there a reason for this?

What am I missing.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

When you manually set an amount to sell, such as 2,000 tonnes of timber, and the bar goes to zero, you have sold that timber.

Then if you also have export surplus sales turned on you will sell on the market if your export pricing is at a good level. And, the amount that sells will vary based on WM demand and demand from other regions.

(Minister priorities can also be given to assist with selling on the market)

So the bar at the top is only if you want to manually bulk sell some of your goods.

Perhaps a good way to sell a given amount per day is to set up trade treaties with other regions (currently you are only able to do this in a multiplayer game). You could sell 2,000 timber for 30 days for an amount less than the world market is selling... if by day thirty you are selling above WM price you are earning extra.

Does this help?
clayog123
Sergeant

Post by clayog123 »

yes, thank you for the explanation.

I am very impressed with the complexity and amount of detail. This is not just another realtime game. This is an epic.

Ten years from now I will still enjoy playing it.
:D

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”