Beta question -- mines

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

nim8or
Sergeant

Beta question -- mines

Post by nim8or »

From the Beta 8 readme I understand that mines are not fully functional. Based on my limited experience thus far in building mines w/out any noticable effect on my resources levels this raises a few questions in my mind:
  • 1. What presently determines the resource levels of each region if not the mines? Are these resources currently hard-coded in a data file for testing?

2. I have read discussions related to the cost of building mines and then waiting for them to gain in efficiency or effectiveness before building more. What is the point of this the way resources are presently implemented?

3. When conquering another country (and hence taking over their mines as well), should I notice an increase in resources as well even though the mines are not fully functional?
Thanks in advance, things are looking pretty good from what I have seen so far (<2 days with the Beta so far). The lack of documentation makes Beta testing a bit difficult though. Is there any additional 'official' documentation I should be aware of aside from the gems distilled within the confines of these forums that would be of assistance?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Umm, mines for getting resources are fully implemented. The unimplemented mines are the ones hidden in the ground that go boom…

For placing mines, there needs to be the appropriate resource in the terrain to be able to extract it. Resources to not get used up but some areas have very few mineral deposits. It’s the same as placing oil wells. When you go to build one the filter is turned on to show you the strength of the deposits for the selected industry.

For your second question, the only efficiency that can be adjusted is the investment efficiency that both improves output and decreases costs. It represents a greater investment in the industry by the government including subsidies.

Finally, yes, taking over territory with any facilities should increase the production in the corresponding industry, however, the captured population may demand even more than you gain for products that civilians consume. To see where a product is going, check the consumption/usage details (button opens into a third panel).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
nim8or
Sergeant

re: ahhhh, much better now, thanks!

Post by nim8or »

Thanks for the clarification, Chris. Slowly but surely things are becoming clearer. :o
hithere
Captain

Post by hithere »

this is kinda along the same lines, but they don't go boom.

i am currently short on oil. i took over 3 new wells from a enemy, however, i noticed no increase in production...(i have been kicked out of the world market so i can not import anything it seems) do the new wells need any transportaion to move the goods?

i have been trying not to ask to many question till i get the game (hopefully Wed or thursday) but i just can not help myself. my far the economics model is the hardest for me. another question while i'm at it : does increasing the efficency decrease the amount of jobs. ok..that is it for now, promise
hi there
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Is there supply to these oil wells? Select the hex and open the terrain dept. You should see exactly the quantity of oil produced by each one.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”