Lets talk about taxes

Discussion of the Economic Model in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Lets talk about taxes

Post by tkobo »

My first thought was- that is totally unrealistic.Than i read on farther about how it was some combined total of individual taxes that somehow creates a 100.5% tax rate.

I thought, well, if personal tax is 60% and etc... thats not quite as bad as i had originally thought--ie personal tax 100%

Than i thought-well this is still unrealistic IF there is NOT a serious reaction by the economy and population over such an incredibly high accumulated tax rate.

SOOOOO ,my question is - is there some extremely bad negative effects on the economy ,industry, and dar for this kind of tax rate ?
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

There will be effects for raising taxes beyond acceptable levels. People will have less money to spend. GDP will be affected. DAR will be affected and lower DAR can modify output levels. There will be many reasons not to raise taxes so when you do, look out!
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

I assume later on the AI will face the same consequences as the human plaeyr would to right and not 'cheat'?

Also As it stands players 'waste' or spend resources/troops etc in battles. Right now AI is only defensive so all the countries get to builodup as you crush them one by one. When offensive ai is activated i am assuming the AIs will also fight each other?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

AI players will not "cheat". They will face the same consequences as human players. In fact, that is one of the reasons you can take so advantage of AI regiosn atm, they already play assuming they face consequences. The AI is always programmed to think everything is implemented.

AI's will also attack each other if they have a reason. Not all AI regions will be agressive. Those that are will attack a region for a reason, not just because it's a human player...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Economics - Treasury Department”