Internal approval rating

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Virtokaii
Warrant Officer

Post by Virtokaii »

Well, when the war started, I had been allied with everyone for a year, ergo had great civ rates with everyone from basically the start of the scenario, so I figured they'd all start voting for me right away when the war started. Either way, with five months to go and five months into the war, I still lead comfortably with roughly the same numbers, so I think it's in the bag!

I never knew about civ ratings being helpful in getting foreign voters and often had troubles with these unification scenarios, so that bit of information really made things much easier, so thanks!
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Are you "just" allied ?

Or on top of that, have you got every treaty possible with them and maxed out both their diplo rep towards you and their civ rep towards you ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Virtokaii
Warrant Officer

Post by Virtokaii »

Well, I went Non Aggression -> Criminal Extradition -> Embassy -> Full Alliance, because I read somewhere that it would be better to to make some small treaties before offering a full alliance, presumably because your ratings will in crease. Though they didn't for me, so I suppose I could have just as well just bribed them as much as I had and offered the full alliance straight away. Anyway, I didn't have any other treaties with them, I guess for optimization purposes I could/should have, next time. Either way, it worked and I won the vote by a comfortable margin!

Next scenario is the NA map, within a week the two other US regions had declared on me, since I'm a compulsive micromanager/perfectionist I was fantastically overwhelmed with the around 2,000+ units I inherited. I couldn't really be arsed and deployed the entire reserve and set mil initiative to 100, still worked good enough though. Obviously not my preferred method though, just wanted to see what would happen...
I restarted and allied with all my neighbours, thankfully I had high ratings with them from the start. Now I'm managing my economy and my military in peace, by selling my entire navy and about 90% of the army! :D
Ahh, a clean sheet... :roll:

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”