new techs

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

bergsjaeger
General

new techs

Post by bergsjaeger »

not sure if these can be added or already added. But found them on the FAS site.

Very sensitive infrared sensors that do not require cryogenic cooling. The research claimed that by reducing IR sensor thermal noise through electrostatic heat transfer techniques, today's best IR array could operate at sensitivities several orders of magnitude better than is possible with cryogenic cooling. Environmental monitoring satellites -- as well as strategic defense sensors on Brilliant Pebbles and Brilliant Eyes -- could use this technology to extend the on-orbit life of infrared sensors indefinitely.

Instantly altering the thermal equilibrium of a large optical lens or mirror through electrostatic bulk cooling methods. The result is analogous to that attained with phase conjugate optics in telescopes or imaging devices employing an elastic-type mirror. 'We spent a lot of money in the 1980s developing a micro processor interface to a high voltage power supply...to control optical arrays,' the scientist said. 'The results were absolutely astounding.'

Using random access memory (RAM) to detect or transmit low levels of near and far infrared energy. When incorporated into a feedback system for temperature stabilization, the RAM could be used as an esoteric IR detector that is simple and reliable, he claimed.

Low observable ceramics made from powdered, depleted uranium, the resulting dielectric material has approximately 92 percent the bulk density of depleted uranium, but is about 20 times harder.

Short pulse Doppler radar (SPDR) -- which may be the black world's term for ultra-wideband radar (UWB)....could detect air vehicles 2,500 nm away in all weather conditions....the capability of SPDR to also detect stealthy vehicles has kept the technology in limbo since the mid-1980s...any stealth technology stood out like a sore thumb when hit by short-pulse doppler."
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Low observable ceramics made from powdered, depleted uranium, the resulting dielectric material has approximately 92 percent the bulk density of depleted uranium, but is about 20 times harder.

That sounds cool.
Great info.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Some interesting stuff, thanks for the ideas!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: ur welcome i keep looking for techs.
Eric Larsen
Colonel

X Carrier and X Craft??

Post by Eric Larsen »

I'd like to see a model of the new CVN80 - the X-Carrier. It has electromagnetic launch capability instead of the old pnuematic launch system. Plus I'd like to see some X-Craft naval vessels like the ones I've seen on tv.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: X Carrier and X Craft??

Post by Balthagor »

Eric Larsen wrote:I'd like to see a model of the new CVN80 - the X-Carrier. It has electromagnetic launch capability instead of the old pnuematic launch system. Eric Larsen
That was CVN-81 in SR4 but didn't use the electromagnetic launch. It is now CVN-21 (just found out it has been renamed). I've made note of the new tech but it is still not clear if it will be used on CVN-21
Eric Larsen wrote:...Plus I'd like to see some X-Craft naval vessels like the ones I've seen on tv.
Such as?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Umm hate to say but u got the F-121's name wrong. Its not the Aurora. Its the Sentinel. here's the prove.

http://www.lowobservable.com/Black.htm

The link also have other developing and black projects like the X-crafts.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

more likely I picked the wrong model code for the Aurora :)

Thanks for the link, will get it fixed after update 5.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

the CVN-21 will have a electromagnetic catapult. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CVN-21 This wiki says it plus i found other links that says that same thing. Course in one site it says the new catapult will only increase the launching by 20%. Doesn't sound like much until u think about how many planes will be launched. Also the CVN-21 should be named the Enterprise. Which makes sense. Always been an Enterprise in the US navy and the old Enterprise is due for the mothball fleet. Course the wiki link says the CVN-78 will be named the Enterprise.

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”