Paying WAY to much for research! Issue?

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

BigStone - I dont know how its calculated. I am assuming its based on of total cost/amount of days.

Amount of days is based on efficiency ,slots ,and a few other things.

haenkie

#1 amount of days would go up because the money shares spread around per certain adjusted sliders would go down-especially to efficiency who's share would go down. Hence efficiency itself would go down.
Hence days would go up.

#2. The cap would actually go up as efficiency was increased.

Days would go down,spending/day on tech(cap) would go up.This way the total cost would always be the one quoted (or close enough :lol: )

Kinda like as you become more efficient with the research, you can acheive more hence, you can put more money into it.

now i could be wrong on all of this.Ive had issues understanding research from the start.

But it seems to be right.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

Basically what i stated in my previous post.

Maybe i use the word cap wrong, as a non-english speaking person I am. With cap i meant there, the lowest amount of days the research item can be researched at, not cap indeed.
Still there is a bigger increase in days then the small drop in efficiency can count for...

But if you are right... And if the speed for techs is set at such a high amount of days (which i can't verify in the game --> lack of feedback, and is hard for me personally to believe).
And if the money gets funneled to efficiency, without telling me....

Then I have to shoot my minister because he is holding out on me.

How can i make good decisions, without having all the info...

Flawed!
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I dont think many rulers in real life are Omniscient :P

Id say in the game, we have more information about the working of the game world than any real world ruler ever.

A belli bar on the various world leaders foreheads over the last 60 years would have saved many nations LOTS of cash and work in real life :lol:

I dont think we the players should know every game rule or how they work.

I dont think our ministers in the game should be all knowing either.

Personally id like some more randomness in the game.Like events from sim city 8)
But geared more towards this game.Industry strikes,embezzlements
,weather disasters,coups,BAD advice or info from our advisers(not just a lack of feedback, but incorrect feedback).etc...
Things we cant control.

Make us think ,adjust, react.Make it so we are not just be able to do what we know will work everytime.

Increase the challenge.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

I see no more comment made by one fo the developers.

So I have to assume that tkobo is correct, and all my money isnt lost but actually put into efficiency without telling me!
And that those 110 days (thats the amount i see!) is the maximum speed my research can be done at 130% efficiency???
Then it is more of a money waste then anything else in this game. I can be better off with the money into units then into research. The amounts i put in, I could get 1000s of units for one tech.

If that is so, many thanks tkobo! I dont like it it works this way then. But i am glad you helped me out.
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

Don't worry... We are still monitoring this thread (as we do with all threads). To some extent the variability of research times was part of the design. You can't tell your scientists "Here's $x and I know that it will take you 120 days to complete your research on that topic". We wanted economic and societal variables that exist in the game to affect other items. The problem then comes up, when you're modelling a complex situation, does each factor in the equation have the right weighting? We continue to watch research spending / efficiency / time quite closely in our test games and have already made notes of some changes that we think need to be made. Feedback to the player on spending is just one of those items...
- David

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”