Research center location

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Decimatus wrote: Most techs in this game take longer to research than the build up to war lasts. The enemy would be lucky if he has the time to research more than a handful of techs before he gets rolled
In my experience the AI does'nt research a bloody thing...
Maybe some to increase the techlevel... :-?

Cheers
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Decimatus wrote:... If they want to spend money on research, they are only making themselves easier to conquer in the end.
Despite what you are saying, I have had many games where a higher tech tank design or new interceptor with longer AA range has been the key to a victory. I'll agree that in small economies research takes painfully long but then on the world map you can breeze through a few technologies in a month.
BigStone wrote: uuuhhh... RC's do increase the suply-rate of that area... Doesn't it....
No, I just checked and Research centres have no supply level.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Balthagor wrote:
Decimatus wrote:... If they want to spend money on research, they are only making themselves easier to conquer in the end.
Despite what you are saying, I have had many games where a higher tech tank design or new interceptor with longer AA range has been the key to a victory. I'll agree that in small economies research takes painfully long but then on the world map you can breeze through a few technologies in a month.
The world map is a bit different, as the economy is set up to allow for research spending. My comments are mainly directed at multiplayer however, and the world map you can't exactly play in MP.

It also depends on your nation. N. America could conquer the world with A-10's, B-2/B-52, and F-14's if it wanted to, and researching new planes won't really have an effect until you get to the Aurora. Same for any of the nations in the N. American campaign as well as much of Europe.

If you are some nation in Africa however, and the only air unit you can find is one that you have to research then it is far more important. Still, most cases you can just trade for tech and save yourself a bundle in the long run.

Most maps, and especially in MP if I spend those millions a day on units rather than research, I am just going to have that many more air squadrons than they will, and they will be under siege long before their next gen aircraft even leave the production line.

In most cases the starting tech is all you need unless the next closest replacement unit is something spectacular.

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”