Research Efficiency

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

BigStone
General

Research Efficiency

Post by BigStone »

What are the optimal settings (%) Technologies - Efficienct for max (fastes) output ??? (and i'm not talking about money)

And does it make sense to have a more then 100 % research eff. ???

Thanks
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

If you're looking to get an item researched as fast as possible...

- Set the sliders 0% for Tech Level, @35% for Efficiency, and 70% for Technology
- Only have one item in the queue so that everyone is working on it
- and of course Maximize your spending

As for getting your efficiency above 100%, I'll defer that to George for response...
- David
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

BattleGoat wrote:- Set the sliders 0% for Tech Level, @35% for Efficiency, and 70% for Technology
Hmmm, 105 % ? :lol:
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

sorry... around 35% and of course then set the tech for the balance (equaling 100%). Geez... can't get away with anything around here ;)
- David
FastBoy101
Captain

Post by FastBoy101 »

???

I did that... and it's at 51% efficiency even if my education is 101%, I'm researching 16 things at once (which is 16 out of 16 "research slots" since I have many labs) and I gave recommended funding. At the beginning of the game (Quebec, Canada) it was at 83% and it went down. The only thing I had changed was to give it more funding than recommended, to research only half the items I was permitted to accelerate and to do as you said above.
Big stuff from K5
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

There has been some reports of a bug in the Research Efficiency when you modify the sliders. George is looking into this and it will hopefully be addressed for Update 3. If you are investing at least the "Recommended" and giving around 1/3 to efficiency, your efficiency should fall somewhere in the 80-100% range.
- David
The_Lightning_Count
Warrant Officer

Post by The_Lightning_Count »

Fastboy, your efficiency will go up if you research less technologies. As a rule of thumb, I never research the amount of techs at capacity. Go like 5-7 out of 16 slots. The efficiency will raise up slowly put it will peak a lot higher than 51%.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

I've got my Eff to 356% :D as Korea.

I did have about 14 research centers and 16bil going in every day....
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Addendum to my previous post...

If you set the sliders and spending to what I recommended, then your efficiency should hover in the 80-100% area IF you have a reasonable economy that can support research. Don't look for that to be the case in Central America... and other such weak economies.
- David
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

BattleGoat wrote:There has been some reports of a bug in the Research Efficiency when you modify the sliders. George is looking into this and it will hopefully be addressed for Update 3. If you are investing at least the "Recommended" and giving around 1/3 to efficiency, your efficiency should fall somewhere in the 80-100% range.
It seems as though research efficiency is tied in with GDP/c because whenever I reduce my social service(not including trans or edu and to often over kill) I end up with my efficiency dropping.

Or is another social service such as culture tied into research efficiency?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Been a LONG time since I've been over that section, but if any social servide affects efficiency, it would be educatin but inderectly. Literacy rate is used to determine starting efficiency. Maybe experiment with it and let us know how it seems to work.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

Will do
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Well i had education at the max spending and it went to 120% but my research eff. stayed around 80% at most and i was putting close to a billion a day with 15 centers and researching just one tech.

tech level 5%
technologies 62%
eff. 33%
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

BattleGoat wrote: As for getting your efficiency above 100%, I'll defer that to George for response...
Is George on holiday ?

Cheers
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: seems like it. Been 19 days since he said that. Course i bet they been busy.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Department of Interior - Research and Social Services”