New Mod on Wiki - World War IV

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

I have a simply question about the World War 4 mod. Why is every region producing way below average Mg/s? Even if I build a new plant, I only get between 200 and 300 tons of MG/s. I would have to build hundreds of plants just in order to go to war with a region. Take Germany for example, produces roughly 3700 tons of MG/s before I upgrade any plants in the WW3 scenario, but in WW4 its like 800.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

In the readme it says that MG production has been massively reduced, this was done but changing the MG strength value, not by adjusting MG values in all regions, that would have taken me forever (and would probably been impossible to get the type of values I wanted.

I believe that the MG production values in WWIII were way too high. I've heard reports that the US is having a hard time keeping up with ammo shipments to forces in Iraq, imagine if they had to supply their entire force in prolonged engagements! The map is not supposed to be able to support everyone producing and everyone at war. It is still possible to fight, it's just that now you actually have to think about your MG supply, something I always wished existed in most SR games I played.

I had done some testing and found that demand at war for a nation like Russia was ~ 0.8M per day and their WWIII values were something like 17M per day which seems absurd. (IIRC, pulling all these numbers from memory)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: So its more of a challenge now. Well, that explains that. Massive Mg industry building then.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Mods”