CVAR Update

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Feltan
General

CVAR Update

Post by Feltan »

Hello,

Tad bit of an issue I would appreciate some help with.

I have updated several CVAR values. I close the file and make sure it has a .csv identifier on the file. Open the map editor and try to import CVAR files for World War III. I save the game in the map editor. When I open the scenario in the game, the old values are still present.

I've been able to successfully update all the other files, but this one has me stumped.

TIA

Regards,
Feltan
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

OK ten views and no replies.

Let me ask this another way: has anyone modified the WWIII CVAR file and successfully imported it into the map editor? I am wondering that because I was unable to import even with a pristine unmoddified file.

Regards,
Feltan
Noble713
Captain

Post by Noble713 »

I have.

Did you:

-close the file before trying to import
-make sure the cvs file has the same name as the scenario file

Back when people were using the 7-player csv file to create their own 30-player ones, there were issues with the NUMPLAYERSINFILE and STARTPLAYER cells/entries, but that shouldn't be the problem if you just editted the WW3 csv. I'm not sure what else could be the problem.
Black Metal IST KRIEG!
http://tinyurl.com/ctyrj7
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

I may have found something.

When I look at the imported WWIII .csv exel file using notepad, there appears to be a prepended comma starting every line -- I think it is shifting all the values over one country column.

Regards,
Feltan
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Have you checked if there is a hidden/frozen column at the beginning of the spreadsheet?

Also check the "starting player" value in the first few lines of the spreadsheet. Anything other than "1" is likely to cause errors.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

Balthagor wrote:Have you checked if there is a hidden/frozen column at the beginning of the spreadsheet?

Also check the "starting player" value in the first few lines of the spreadsheet. Anything other than "1" is likely to cause errors.
I think that did it.

There were no hidden columns -- I checked for that right off.

The value for "starting player" was null in the downloaded file -- no value entered. I entered "1" and everything fell into place.

Thanks! Now I can tinker with values a little more. :-)

Regards,
Feltan

Return to “Mods”