more SRUNITS.csv woes

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

felinis
Lt. Colonel

Post by felinis »

[quote="Iluwen"]Working now. Putting a space instead of quotation marks in the text delimiter box when Open Office opens the file fixs the quotatiom mark problem.

Thanks.[/quote]

But this splinters the column headers - where ever there is a space in the column header, it generates a new line of data.
"We have met the enemy and he is us."
Leonidas
Sergeant

Post by Leonidas »

I have a big problem too.

I start modific some values... like Enginers Attack/defense etc etc

I Import the file and the changes are ok in the game.

BUT... some units mising.... like Mig29 or Nimitz Variant... of inventory and research... WHY?

I go to excel file and the units are there... But the game not can read :( :( :(

Sorry 4 my bad english
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I would need lost more information to be able to help you.

If you are seeing some of your changes but not others, there must be mistakes in the ones you're not seeing. Do you have the right tech level? Region code? Is the line complete?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Leonidas
Sergeant

Post by Leonidas »

I open the srunits.csv in custom folder.

i make a little changes, like change name at Pah-2 Tiger for example for Pah-22 tiger

I save the file.

I open the map editor and import the units file.

There in the map editor, i go to Pah_2 Tiger and the change its ok... "Pah_22 tiger"

But if i search the Mig-29 Fulcrum, CVN Nimitz variant carrier... Su-47 Berkut---- i cant found ...... :( ¿?¿?¿?¿?

i close the mao editor and I open the srunits to see if these units are in the file... and yes... there are.

I dont understand why the map editor can load these
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

which map and region are you using in the mapeditor to view the equipment list? You're doing more than described above, the mapeditor loads by default with an empty map so you don't see any units.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Leonidas
Sergeant

Post by Leonidas »

Im using the empty map.

But if you go to units, and off the filters... By region/by tech/ etc etc, you can see all units to deploy in the map from level 1 to 125+
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ah, right, been a while since I've done 2010 map work.

K, I just tried it, if I turn off all the filters and select the class "interceptor" I find two Mig 29s in the the list.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Leonidas
Sergeant

Post by Leonidas »

I dont understand so what i do wrong :( :( :(

You try to change first anyvalue or name of the units and then go to the map editor to see if the changes are ok and all units are available ???

Thanks 4 all.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I don't really have time to spend with the old mapeditor, but I know it would work fine, others have had no problems. There must be a problem in the file you're creating.

Some things I'm not clear on yet;
- Did you find the Mig29 BEFORE you made changes?
- Did you start over and make the changes again?
- Did you try just exporting the file without changing it and finding the Mig29?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Windmaker
Warrant Officer

Re: more SRUNITS.csv woes

Post by Windmaker »

Welcome

I have read all post in this topic but still I have a problem. I'm from Poland so i have the polish version of SR2010. I know that if I want to change units names I have to change it in polish localisation file where are only information about names of units.

But I don't know how I can add a new unit? I'll tried to copy the line with information about T-72S and changed it ID for another number which isn't used and then changed name of unit and add it to the polish localisation file. But nothing changes. What i'm doing wrong?

Please someone write the instruction how can I add new unit to the game - I want to add units olny to tech tree, so I can use them in normal missions - no my own missions.

I'v there is such information on forum sorry for that - I couldn't find it.

Return to “Mods”