Inrest in Modding / Downloading Mod

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Sebastiaan
Colonel

Inrest in Modding / Downloading Mod

Post by Sebastiaan »

I might be mistaken but it appears there is very little to no intrest in modding/dowload mods from the cummunity. Í'm kinda dissapointed in this lack of intrest from the community. What about giving it a new impuls like creating a competetion for best mod available.
not going forward eqeals to going backward
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

While there have only been a couple mods for the game, this is something that we're not working on much at the moment. Adding to the game and working on foreign distribution are simply leaving us with no time to devote to mods. Perhaps later on...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
solops
Sergeant

Post by solops »

I think we'd be flooded with mods from the fans if the CSV files for the original scenarios were available. It would give the game tremendous legs and build a huge community, re: Space Empires IV.

I have done several small mods for myself to aid in learning to play, mainly giving myself advantages so that I could 1) survive long enough to learn and 2) get a better understanding of how the game works.

It would not hurt if the editor was more friendly, but it is useable.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We've released 8 of the Configuration files so far (plus the World) and I'm posting them as they get requested. I'll try and do a few more at random.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
solops
Sergeant

Post by solops »

Well then let me put in a request for the rest of the World scenario CSV files and for all of the files for the US Southwest scenario.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

solops wrote:...rest of the World scenario CSV files...
I'll post the config file for the US South West sometime next week but I don't understand what you mean by "rest"? The config file for the World is in the custom directory as of update 3... :-?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Mods”