Unit Limit

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

leontheneon
Corporal

Unit Limit

Post by leontheneon »

Simple question, is it possible to increase the 7 unit limit per hex limit or is that hard coded? I've searched through the various files and I have not found it.

Thanks!
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

You can set it in the map editor.
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Exactly How can you do that? I can't find it anywhere in the Map editor, Map editor documentation or in de configuration files or any other file for that mater. Especialy when playinging on smaller maps with a small hex size, it is disirable to lower the Stack limit to make the game more strategical balanced
Last edited by Sebastiaan on Nov 18 2005, edited 1 time in total.
not going forward eqeals to going backward
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Sebastiaan wrote:Exactly How can you do that? I can't find it anywhere in the Map editor, Map editor documentation or in de configuration files or any other file for that mater. Especialy when playinging on smaller mit a small hex size, it is disirable to lower the Stack limit to make the game more stratecal
I'm not sure, but I believe it's done with the mapeditor by importing a modified terfile.csv

I think it's the line ''teSpr'' wich currently says 7, although I might just be totally wrong at this point...hey baloogan how do u change it :P I never really wondered about it 8_ ???
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

I believe you are incorrect

I believe the teSpr, means some temperature modifier that is used durring spring time (not impplemented)

there are 4 temperature modifiers, each for every season namely, teWin (=temperature winter) , teSpr (= temperature string), teSum (=temperature summer) and teFal (=temperature Fall)

note there are also a four rain modifiers called; RaWin (=rain winter), RaSpr (=rain string), RaSum (=rain summer) and RaFal (rain fall)
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Sebastiaan wrote:I believe you are incorrect

I believe the teSpr, means some temperature modifier that is used durring spring time (not impplemented)

there are 4 temperature modifiers, each for every season namely, teWin (=temperature winter) , teSpr (= temperature string), teSum (=temperature summer) and teFal (=temperature Fall)

note there are also a four rain modifiers called; RaWin (=rain winter), RaSpr (=rain string), RaSum (=rain summer) and RaFal (rain fall)
Ah okies, I just looked for the first thing wich said 7 in the terfile.csv :P good thing I never gave garantuees :)

lol I didn't know there used to be seasons 8_ , to bad it didn't get implemented. Could have been another russian winter :evil:
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

I agree, they probably didn't implement it due to time constrains. Note there is an aditional collumn called Wear. I guess it was orginaly intended that every type of terrain would worn down the units at a different rate (loss of effeciency). Later on the they simplified it by making it dependant on the units moving time. Although this sound reasonable in most cases, for some units, surface scips and nuclear submarines, it realy doesn't make sence sincy they can operate for extended periods of time
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

I realy would like an anwer to this question
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

... I don't know the answer. I mentioned it to George but he could not remember, he will have to look into the code and he is gone on buisness all week...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Since you haven't come with an answer yet, I'm guessing it cannot be done. It's probably hard coded.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, I just reminded George about this yesterday, hopefully he'll get a chance to reply to it soon, but he did tell me that it is currently hard coded but would not be to difficult to finish making it modable...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
joecool250
Captain

Post by joecool250 »

was the ability to change the stack limit ever made modable?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

not yet.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Mods”