Tech Tree - Modifiers - Anyone have a list of them?

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Amram
Sergeant

Tech Tree - Modifiers - Anyone have a list of them?

Post by Amram »

Im trying to elicit more military benefits from the higher end techs, and generally make having a technological advantage considerably more significant. Im wondering for example, if its possible for a tech to increase the attack or defence values of various units, such as the body armor techs improving the various infantry defences by a couple percent, or nano assembly reducing the supply costs of units considerably. But my biggest issue at current, is not knowing hardly any of the modifiers(except those actually put to use in the file already).

I suppose i could simply dive in head first, and one by one set the effect codes for a given tech, and see what the game says it will do, but with codes as high as 207, that's rather excessively time consuming, not to mention the number of times im liable to crash things. That also doesn't consider that i have no way of knowing if 207 is the highest code or not, 972 could exists and do something for all i know.

So, does anyone have even a semi-complete listing of the effect codes i can get my grubby little hands on, and twist?
Pwned9080
Colonel

Re: Tech Tree - Modifiers - Anyone have a list of them?

Post by Pwned9080 »

http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/Mod_Tech_Tree

Below the tech tree information there is a list of all the tech effects currently in use in the game.
Amram
Sergeant

Re: Tech Tree - Modifiers - Anyone have a list of them?

Post by Amram »

im assuming thats a listing of the effects from 2020, as it includes counter intelligence, and the sosus line, but its effectively identical to what i pulled from the tech file itself. I knew i had seen a listing posted somewhere, just didn't know where, but i think that was what i had seen before, too bad i didn't stumble into that before i dredged the tech file as it has some i was missing which hopefully exist in 2010.

Unfortunately, that leaves me almost right where i was still. I believe i worded myself wrong earlier, i mentioned not knowing the modifiers, kinda false, i pulled most of those from the tech files, but the gaps, and semi consistent grouping(25,26,27 detail finished goods resource demands, 101-113 with gaps, detail social services, etc) suggest we don't know all of them. Maybe im just reading too far into it, but why skip 104 when setting up the effects for social services ratings, or not start with 1, or any of the other numbers that were skipped - the tech enablers i understand having a gap, seperating them for easy identification. Really i find myself with three probable explanations, and im hoping its the last, either they were used for effects that didn't make it into the game and as such, their numbers were dropped leaving the gaps we see, the gaps may have been left for use by future additions to the game to keep the numbers semi contiguous, or they exist, weren't put to use in the tech file, and somewhere between no one asked or no one shared the numbers never made it out here for us. I can hope anyways.

btw, that list has a duplicate, 25 is used twice
# 25: finished goods ore demand
# 25: NBC effects
afaik, NBC effects is the incorrect , as 25 in-game states ore demand.

long story short, i haven't had time to start on it, but im hoping someone can give me a definite yay or nay on the missing entries existence or not, before i go and try all of them when i do have a little more time to tamper. not really looking forward to loading the game 72+ times to try the 144 missing numbers, lol. Curiosity......bleh

Anyways, thx for that list, its of some use to me.

Return to “Mods”