Adding new units to tech tree

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Windmaker
Warrant Officer

Adding new units to tech tree

Post by Windmaker »

I have read all information about modifying game but after that i didn't find aby information about how I can add new unit only to tech tree.

I want to add some new units but when I have added a copy of T-72S called T-72A with new ID number nothing changed.

I would be happy if someone give me instruction how I can add new unit only to tech tree to use them in all missions. I don't want to hear something like - go to mod wiki or something like that, because I looked there.
battlegoat9787
Colonel

Re: Adding new units to tech tree

Post by battlegoat9787 »

Windmaker wrote:I have read all information about modifying game but after that i didn't find aby information about how I can add new unit only to tech tree.

I want to add some new units but when I have added a copy of T-72S called T-72A with new ID number nothing changed.

I would be happy if someone give me instruction how I can add new unit only to tech tree to use them in all missions. I don't want to hear something like - go to mod wiki or something like that, because I looked there.
Where did you find the info on how to mod the game windmaker?
Windmaker
Warrant Officer

Post by Windmaker »

Where did you find the info on how to mod the game windmaker?
I don't understand what do you mean? I was playing with files and after some changes I looked here on this forum to find what I need.
coba
Warrant Officer

Post by coba »

Windmaker wrote:I have read all information about modifying game but after that i didn't find aby information about how I can add new unit only to tech tree.

Did yuo erase the upgrade (called U/G) column ? You know cause it seems T27S will be upgraded to T80U. It is quite possible that if you have two different unit that will be upgrade to a same unit will not work.
Windmaker
Warrant Officer

Post by Windmaker »

I used T-72 as an example.

I'v got a list of unit's I want to add:

For example:
- T-34/85
- T-10
- TS-11 Iskra
- PT-94 Goryl
- PT-91Ex Twardy
- Leopard 2A4
- RM-70 Langusta
- Krab
- PZL W3W GÅ‚uszec
- T-55AM
- ASU-85

And some more units. I think non of them would be added in patches etc. Most of them are the "old ones".
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Windmaker,

LOOK FOR:
maps/data/DEFAULT.UNIT

Rename DEFAULT.UNIT to DEFAULT.csv then open

make your changes. Save. Rename back to DEFAULT.UNIT

Then you must go through the steps to remake the cache files.
See --- http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/Cr ... ache_Files --- for instructions. Then your unit addition will be in the game.

Does this help?
Windmaker
Warrant Officer

Post by Windmaker »

Thanks. I'll try and write when it'll be done. :-)

EDIT:

When I opened this file i see only signs, but no text - you know something like that: !#$%^^@#%#@$^

Which program i should use to open this csv file?
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

you can open a CSV file with word pad, or note pad... or a spreadsheet program like excel. (the problem with excel is the double quotes...it likes to add and remove them. This causes problems. If you only want to add one or two units then stay with worldpad or notepad.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Windmaker
Warrant Officer

Post by Windmaker »

Still there is something wrong:

http://images24.fotosik.pl/266/5862d4d77be8db12.jpg

This is what I see in WordPad... In NotePad is a little bit better - there are only names of units looking normal, the rest look like in WordPad. In Excel there is the same.

I have to add that i'm not good in modifying games |O
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

which file are you opening?
what is it's name and location?
Windmaker
Warrant Officer

Post by Windmaker »

I'm opening this one: maps/data/DEFAULT.UNI after changeing name to csv.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

This may be an issue with your "encoding".

You need to make sure you are a) using NotePad. b) opening the file using ANSI not Unicode. I think you are from Poland? If so, the character sets there are different from most of Europe and default encoding settings may be different too. We've found this out while doing localization of our text files.

What you do to check this is...
open NotePad.
then FILE, OPEN...
look for "Encoding" and a "pull down menu".
- you may see ANSI, Unicode, Unidcode big endian, UTF-8
select ANSI

Then open the file... and see if it works for you.

It is a difficult thing working between countries with different standards. Give it a try and see if this helps.

Daxon
Windmaker
Warrant Officer

Post by Windmaker »

Yes I'm from Poland.

I tried as you write, but still there is the same problem, a checked with all encodings and it is the same.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I had no trouble with adding new units, but maybe it is the fact you might be missing somethings at the end, I missed it and so the image came up as white, and this may be your problem.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Windmaker
Warrant Officer

Post by Windmaker »

No, the problem is when I open the file default.uni renemaed to csv. I don't have there any normal text, only signs like in screenshot.

Return to “Mods”