Anti Air infantry initiative is too high

In this thread you can discuss any thoughts you have about balance within the game. Does a particular unit need a specification changed? Is a stealth plane not stealthy enough? Do "Belli Bar" levels need to be changed? Let us know and discuss it all here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Draken
General
Human: Yes

Post by Draken »

Yes, it is the freefall bomb.

Also, it would be nice to have it in several sizes... I'm posting some data regarding this idea here:
http://www.bgforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=36200#36200
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Balthagor wrote: The game is coded that AA and artillery units cannot capture territory. No one has reported a bug with this and I've never seen AA capture territory. That is not the role of anti air battalions to be able to capture.
Well, durring one game , I saw a ASCOD Rapier SAM unit capture my territory. It might have been my inmagination but when I look at its stats in the equipment file at ASCOD Rapier SAM unit, it confirms what I saw, which is that it has no "No Land capture" flag active.
Last edited by Sebastiaan on Oct 21 2005, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You are right. I just went and checked. Two of the ASCOD AA units where not marked No Land Cap=Y. There are where actually a few others that had been missed also :oops:

They are all fixed now, none of the AA units will capture land after the next update... assuming I don't miss any new ones :roll:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

UPDATE Units SET No_Land_Cap="Y" WHERE Class = "AA"
:wink:

What happened to the project of converting then unit list to MS-Access?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Draken wrote:What happened to the project of converting then unit list to MS-Access?
Too many other projects ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Balthagor wrote:
Draken wrote:What happened to the project of converting then unit list to MS-Access?
Too many other projects ;)
I once creaded a program which \converts a excell sheet into a relational access databases. Let's see if I can find it again
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

I already have pre-update 3 units in an Access 97 table... Its very easy to import
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

AGM-12D Bulpup B and AGM-154APW JSOW are getting shot down by a M113A1 infantry btn, nothing else is in range. Only a very few missiles go thru ... It's anoying!
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: That is y u fire enough missiles so alot get through. I think around a 100 at once works nicely. :D Course that's just me. I have been known to freeze the game nearly with so many missles flying around.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Yeah, but the point is that an infantry battalion has the ability to intercept and destroy very fast (2000+ km/h) and very small (check http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/bullpup.htm) missiles.

If my math is correct, the M113A1 btn only had about 1 minute (probably less, because I working with data from my memory) to detect, track, fire at and destroy the AGM-12D.

[/u][/i]
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Can you send me a savegame of this? I'll see what we can do to fix it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

I don't think I have a saved game, but I'll reproduce it tonigh in my current map...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

great, thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Savegame sent.
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Draken wrote:Yeah, but the point is that an infantry battalion has the ability to intercept and destroy very fast (2000+ km/h) and very small (check http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/bullpup.htm) missiles.

If my math is correct, the M113A1 btn only had about 1 minute (probably less, because I working with data from my memory) to detect, track, fire at and destroy the AGM-12D.

[/u][/i]
In my "Fog of war mod" I correcting this problem by lowering AA capability of infantry by 20% and increasing ground defence of cruise missiles depending on their maximum speed
not going forward eqeals to going backward

Return to “Balance”