Air defense platforms

In this thread you can discuss any thoughts you have about balance within the game. Does a particular unit need a specification changed? Is a stealth plane not stealthy enough? Do "Belli Bar" levels need to be changed? Let us know and discuss it all here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Air defense platforms

Post by tkobo »

Okay, wasnt sure where to put this thread,but since some of the points/questions im going to make/raise are about attack str- balance worked for me :lol:

Okay,first off why doesnt an Air Defense facility have a low air attack ?
I would think they would work against helicopters just fine.

Second, why does an Air Defense Facility have a undocumented soft attack ?
I say undocumented because it shows no soft attack icon in its attack list.

Yet i watched one absolutely destroy a stack of 5 stinger units with barrages close to equal to that of the best artillary in the game with what appeared to be an even longer range than said artillary.

Why is this attack indirect to begin with ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

It's indirect because they shoot the cannons up in the sky where they think the units are, and they use flak guns and well BOOM u get it :P?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Okay, scratch the second part about soft attack and indirect fire.

i had moved my art back a hex to what i thought was out of range,but 2 stacks were still in range and they were what was doing the damage to the stinger units. :oops: :oops:
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

hehehe

but i do indeed agree on the low air stats of the air defense paltforms, it took a long time to whipe out a few palnes with just that paltform. While it should eb able to kill everything in sight.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Air defense platforms

Post by Balthagor »

tkobo wrote:...why doesnt an Air Defense facility have a low air attack ?
I would think they would work against helicopters just fine.
I don't have the equipment file at home tonight so I can't check but I seem to remember we did assign a close air attack value and I'm certain I've seen my helos getting shot by AA sites, but I still support the idea that they have a better mid than close attack. Look at something like the US Patriot. They have two versions (Pac2/Pac3) which we modeled separatly in the game. Long range is good for mid, not so good for close, close range is good at close attacks. The AA sites are meant to represent things like the SA-5 fielded by Warsaw countries.

(did a quick google; http://www.answers.com/topic/sa-5-gammon)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Balance”