World Market does not discriminate from who starts war.

In this thread you can discuss any thoughts you have about balance within the game. Does a particular unit need a specification changed? Is a stealth plane not stealthy enough? Do "Belli Bar" levels need to be changed? Let us know and discuss it all here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Luther
Corporal

World Market does not discriminate from who starts war.

Post by Luther »

I have been playing for over a week now and have been very happy with the sophistication of this game. I applaud the makers for the detail. One problem I have is that my WM rating drops despite any efforts to maintain peace. I am playing Venezuala and have conquered most of S. America. Every country that shares borders with me has declared war on me. My WM rating has fallen to 1% and I have been cut off.

I think that the WM rating should increase if you try to make peace with your enemies. They will not make peace with me so I can not do anything to increase my WM rating. Without trade I cannot defeat the huge blob armies(?) that build up in these third world countries. Without the world market I cannot field anything that can compete with a Peru stacked high with units.

I have tried diplomacy, withdrawing all my armies, selling my armies, droping my deafcon, and all the things that I would think would effect the diplomacy situation. I do have a high build rate but I do not understand why that would effect anything, realistically.

Why doesn't the AI have penalties when they declare war and will not try to end it?

Again, I love this game, but it has become unplayable until the problem is fixed or I can learn how to overcome it.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

How high was ur cause for war before u started the wars. If it was low then the other regions will hate u and the WM seems to side with them because ur seen as the aggressor.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Luther-Main cause is probably as simple as your build cap.It can be a serious killer diplomatically if you dont have counters to it set up.Discussions are still being had as to what exactly counters the buildcap.

If a regions belli bar is high enough, its penalty for declaring war on you will be very small.

Lastly, the reason the WM hates you, keeps lowering your rating with them could have nothing to do with the actual war declarations made on you.

Simply having too high a build cap will automatically continuosly lower your rating with them.
Also In some scenarios certain regions have coded "hates" agaisnt them by the other regions in the map and the WM.

Either of these can be and probably are the real cause of your problems.

Read thru the diplomatic forum- more than a few threads there will help you.
This thread is a good place to start :
http://www.bgforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4868

As for the incredibly large armies, thats a balance issue the devs are looking at .
This thread will explain the issue fairly well :
http://www.bgforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4558

Lastly , the AI is very easy to crush regardless of how much it outnumbers you.Its extremely defensive at the moment and will rarely send out a sizeable force to attack you.

Options for killing large masses of AI units include:
1)Build a missile firing force and of course missiles,sit back and destroy the stacks from the nice safe range afforded by them.
2)create a strong artillary force that has a longer range than the enemy and sit back and slowly reduce thier stacks to dust.
3)Destroy the enemy bases and cities the units are clustered around.This will greatly reduce thier supply and morale. Which makes them easier to kill or to make them surrender.

In 1 and 2, remember to have some strong units mixed in with the artillary or land missile luanching units to protect them from the small retallitory enemy unit forces that will come out after you.

I prefer to do all three ,starting with 1, than 3, than 2 for mop up or when missile stocks are low.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Balance”