Naval guns dont kill civilians ?

In this thread you can discuss any thoughts you have about balance within the game. Does a particular unit need a specification changed? Is a stealth plane not stealthy enough? Do "Belli Bar" levels need to be changed? Let us know and discuss it all here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Naval guns dont kill civilians ?

Post by tkobo »

Okay, i am severely bombarding the carribean with my DDX-21 navy,which is sitting by the coast of florida.

They are pretty much cleaning the island of all enemy forces at a very high rate.

During this i noticed i wasnt getting any casualty reports of carribean civilians .

So i looked over the enemy units placement and as i expected many of them are being blown to dust while in carribean cities and facitlites.

Shouldnt the naval gun bombardment being damaging the building/cities/ etc.. and causing heavy civilian casualties just like artillary does ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

I know that if you bombard the actual city, they will die quite fast, but I don't know if bombarding units will kill civilians in the process. I leveled the capital of Europe in a few short days using my DDX's, killed maybe 5 million people.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Naval guns dont kill civilians ?

Post by Balthagor »

tkobo wrote:Shouldnt the naval gun bombardment being damaging the building/cities/ etc.. and causing heavy civilian casualties just like artillary does ?
Only if the attack is indirect. The only ship that we game indirect attack to (if I remember right) is the Iowa for its 16" guns. The regular naval guns are not big enough to damage a stack of battalions which is the key effect of indirect attacks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Balance”