Aircrafts useless, AA overeffective

In this thread you can discuss any thoughts you have about balance within the game. Does a particular unit need a specification changed? Is a stealth plane not stealthy enough? Do "Belli Bar" levels need to be changed? Let us know and discuss it all here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

You're slipping off topic, this thead is about Aircraft and AA.

The stealth values are being discussed in another thread.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Balthagor wrote:You're slipping off topic, this thead is about Aircraft and AA. The stealth values are being discussed in another thread.
Sorry I got carried away.

Fortunalty, I found an intresting site about the effectiness of Anti Air units at http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... 85/BRR.htm This might be intresting for balacing AA units into more realistic units
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Looks like an interesting article, I will try and find the time to read it through.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
konan
Lieutenant

Post by konan »

hi all

well i read your points about aircraft and AA and must say that:

- aircraft (fixed wing) should be targeted only by AA units and not as happens that norma tank battalion (T55 / T72) can hit a F-16 or a SU-24 .... my point is ... whit what they can hit a plane? a simple AA 12,7 MG? impossible!

-The way AA works is nice and very balanced .. exluded the AA stengt of point i wrote before.

I say reduce AA defence of ground units .. expt AA .. to keep battles more reals ... fixed wing airplanes are really a strong weapon ... modern wars show it!

i write a topic with poll in Military section today about this ... pls come and express your vote.

i think that BG staff could balance this with a simple intervention on land units air defence points (excel file) without any big or strange work about.
konan
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

I agree, it's rediculous when u sent over a squadron of A-10 thunder II at the enemy wich consists of one M1A1 Abrams and it somehow manages to shoot down 1 A-10, nothing else, but just that 1 A-10 because it has that small air-attack ability. And no matter what way u attack, u'll always lose that one plane...wich just frustrates the hell out of me! :evil:

Return to “Balance”