World Market Supplying near infinite armies

In this thread you can discuss any thoughts you have about balance within the game. Does a particular unit need a specification changed? Is a stealth plane not stealthy enough? Do "Belli Bar" levels need to be changed? Let us know and discuss it all here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

We will be sure that this map gets some attention.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Shog-goth
Lieutenant

Post by Shog-goth »

Balthagor wrote:Both actually, we'll compare the difference.

I think my inbox is going to start to get full with all these user savegames ;)
I've sended the savegames yesterday. :-)
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not sure I got it! :-?

I sitll have a few e-mails to go through but I don't seem to see it. Did you send it to me or Legend?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Shog-goth
Lieutenant

Post by Shog-goth »

Balthagor wrote:Not sure I got it! :-?

I sitll have a few e-mails to go through but I don't seem to see it. Did you send it to me or Legend?
I've sended them to support@bgforums.com .

If you have problem I can resend them. :-)
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

AH! K, I asked George, he collects those e-mails and he did get it. Thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Shog-goth
Lieutenant

Post by Shog-goth »

Balthagor wrote:AH! K, I asked George, he collects those e-mails and he did get it. Thanks.
Let me know if you received them... Thanks to you! :-)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I got it but I'm on vacation next week so not sure when I'll get to them.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
juanmagno
Corporal

Post by juanmagno »

Same thing happens in South america, countrys are in a rush buildings lots of units, most of then engineer plus the units that WM give to then.
There are two problems, like in africa, countrys are full of units: I don´t know what is the real cost of tne units, but its insane to wacth poor countrys with such an arsenal (or weapondry), how could their economy hold or mantain then?
The second problems are the units stats, especialy the engineer, because these units are the best one of both scenarios, it's dosn´t matter with units developed Brazil or Argentina...the Engineer are the best units of the map and every country in the map can build then (and then build a lot)it´s dosn´t matter how undeveloped or lack of technology the country is, thank to this units Uruguay can figth a very suscesful war againt Brazil an d Argentina at the same time.
The problems for me about the engineer are their mobility, countrys like Sudan, Kenia, Paraguay, Bolivia or Nicaragua can´t build civil car or motorcycles obviously they can´t build mechanised infantery neither...but is amazing how they can build 50 batallions of enginner.
Afther 4 years of playing you can watch that only the 10% of the uruguayian army are foot infantry and around 40% are enginners.
I hope this information could be useful, bye.
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

juanmagno wrote:There are two problems, like in africa, countrys are full of units: I don´t know what is the real cost of tne units, but its insane to wacth poor countrys with such an arsenal (or weapondry), how could their economy hold or mantain then?
I do agree that the hordes of units found in many of these nations is plain rediculous.

Hlowever, it is sustainable in RL. Just look at N. Korea. 1-1.2 million active duty members. With a population of 23 million, this means that 5% of their people are in the military. They have another 3-4 million in reserves, which is another 12-15% of their population.

When I was stationed in S. Korea, we were told that the North had approximately 10,000-15,000(about 300-1000 battalions depending on how your fill your units) artillery pieces on the border. Conventional wisdom was/is that when war broke out Seoul would be flattened and any US forces near the DMZ would be crushed.(as a result, all US forces are being moved south of Seoul and clear of the opening barrage of war)

In RL however, N. Korea is rather an exception.(at least in modern times) I think the game should have a few of these military hordes, but not too many. They shouldn't be covering the map, but perhaps sprinkled in amongst the weaker nations on certain scenarios.
thekiller26
Corporal

Post by thekiller26 »

Don't know... Never played in Africa... But when i played with Bulgaria against Greece, Greece was left only with one small island... The whole land was mine already... And WM was still supplying Greece... I mean... How can Greece pay for military, if they have and island with 100 thousand people left?... :-)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If they are that poor but have WM favor, they probably got the units for free. We're currenlty looking at the idea of the WM sending more product/money trades to regions it really likes and less unit trades. Work will be done of this balance issue.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

(Split reply asking for "no WM sales" into new thread in Wishlist)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Balance”