Infinite air stacking

In this thread you can discuss any thoughts you have about balance within the game. Does a particular unit need a specification changed? Is a stealth plane not stealthy enough? Do "Belli Bar" levels need to be changed? Let us know and discuss it all here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Infinite air stacking

Post by Baloogan »

The most annoying thing in this game currently is how the air stacking limits on air bases is handled.
I think a solution should be that there should be no limit to the amount that can land on a single hex but that resupply should be affected to the effect that only 7 planes worth of supplies is added to planes landed there. Please could this get into update 3? Also what is the eta on update 3?
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Yeah, you should technically be able to land a few hundred planes at an airbase, but only be able to refuel X amount of planes per day(in our case 7 squadrons per day).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

7 squadrons is 126 planes...

How many do you think is realistic to have landed?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Balthagor wrote:7 squadrons is 126 planes...

How many do you think is realistic to have landed?
In an airbase thats 10 by 10 km? Lots.

So wait... the solution is that the aircraft fly around all day and night above the airbase? What is more realistic, air craft being forced to fly because there isn't enough room at the air base or some aircraft being parked on the grass?
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Yeah, you can kick the cars out and park them in the parking lots if you have to. :)

But yeah, an airbase could handle a much larger amount of parked aircraft than the amount it actually has the ability to service.

Airstrips don't have this ability, but an airbase has quite a bit of open space in which you can place aircraft.

This is an airbase we are talking about here, not an aircraft carrier. Not like if the base gets full the planes will be forced to sit in the water or fly away.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... l-asad.htm

With the capture of the airbase the SF refused to rest on their laurels - they got it working again. Although none are mechanics or airfield engineers, they repaired and rebuilt two bulldozers, a roller and a grader and repaired bomb craters on the airfield in order to allow 36 Sqn's C130s to land.

C-130's come in squadrons of up to about 16 planes.

If it comes down to parking your planes in the grass, or flying them around the base until a spot opens, you can bet the DoD will park them in the grass.

BTW, at the al-asad airbase they found 50 migs hidden away in the trees and sand that were still servicable.
Last edited by Decimatus on May 29 2005, edited 2 times in total.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

I'm not talking about air craft carriers, I'm talking about air strips and air bases.
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

I know, I was pointing out the aircraft carrier since if it is full of planes, you can't stuff any more into it and the extra planes have to fly around. In an airbase, this isn't the case.

Bah, you are getting me all confused. I am on your side here. lol
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Baloogan wrote:So wait... the solution is that the aircraft fly around all day and night above the airbase? What is more realistic, air craft being forced to fly because there isn't enough room at the air base or some aircraft being parked on the grass?
I didn't say it was more realistic, just that it is what it is. This gets deep into the code so George would need to address how possible it is to adjust. I will move this to the wishlist section and let him know about it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
hawk55732
Warrant Officer

Post by hawk55732 »

BTW, at the al-asad airbase they found 50 migs hidden away in the trees and sand that were still servicable
Not on topic i know but i thought id mention it. I just came from Alasad in iraq. There were alot of migs in the sand. And by the way, the only trees were in the oasis there. Funny thing about this base is that it was suddams main airbase and it was taken over by the austraillian army in about a day. Not sure if that says a lot about the austraillian army or says something bad about the iraqi army.

Return to “Balance”