F-117/ B-2/ F-22/ FB-22 NOT STEALTHY ENOUGH

In this thread you can discuss any thoughts you have about balance within the game. Does a particular unit need a specification changed? Is a stealth plane not stealthy enough? Do "Belli Bar" levels need to be changed? Let us know and discuss it all here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

to take this discussion further, it would be helpful to have examples such as "savegame where unit X is in area Y and being seen by other player". Cheats with the <Ctrl+H> can be used to set this up....
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Journier
Captain

Post by Journier »

well all i know is that, B2 bombers are expensive, and while using them in the world scenario, i found them over all just useless, probably better off building b52 bombers. cheaper and its not a big jump in attack etc when you build the b2.

Not to mention they are spotted instantly by the AI as soon as they pass into the ai's territory, and soon are swamped with low tech fighters if there is a line of them :/
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

I don't even use any type of bomber anymore. I prefer fighter/bombers. As for stealth I don't think it helps much of anything. Most air units that has a high stealth rating are high tech units and they attack and defense values are high to begin with. The only unit with high stealth that I been able to slip across borders with is a sub. Other than that forget ever trying special force tactics or sneak attacks with air units.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

I would be in the stealth need re-balancing camp. At present B52s are better to use.

Also the F22's stealth vs Euro fighter's is unbalanced in Euros' favour.

And I think that the fighter bomber version of F22 still does not get to load missiles. ???
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

I'm sure the Delta Raptor does get missle loads. I have to check but I'm sure that's true because I use them alot.
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Yeah, I think that you are right- it got balanced. I'm probably thinking of the carrier version.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

U mean the F-35A then. It doesn't have a missle payload I think haven't used them alot yet. So I'm not sure on it.
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

I reported the problem with the F-35 and Chris fixed it for next update
http://www.battlegoat.com/forums/viewto ... highlight=
margab
Captain

Post by margab »

Personally i think B2s should be spotted less (instead of an increased stealth rating). I don't think they should be spotted right away and be the target of old soviet aircraft, or AAs. Especially since they can thwart most air defenses. Check out wikipedia's article on it, it's pretty well written.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-2_Spirit
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?"-Juvenal
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Okay, many of you will be happy to hear, I did some controlled tests of my own. I now agree that the stealth values are not right for some of these aircraft. I have started some testing of new values but don't expect to have results in time for update 5 due to other duties keeping me busy as well. But I am now committing to adjusting this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Balthagor wrote:due to other duties keeping me busy as well.
Wiping baby's backend? :lol:

*note to self: don't make jokes about that *

Anyway, that is good news! Stealth will be fixed, there is more chance of an update 6 and update 5 is nearby !

8) :D 8)
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

I reported the problem with the F-35 and Chris fixed it for next update
Thanks.
Okay, many of you will be happy to hear, I did some controlled tests of my own. I now agree that the stealth values are not right for some of these aircraft. I have started some testing of new values but don't expect to have results in time for update 5 due to other duties keeping me busy as well. But I am now committing to adjusting this.
That's good news. Two more things to look forward to.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Taking care of babies and children can be time consuming. I don't have my own but I have taken care of my brother's before. matter fact I guess U call me babysitting my 5 year old neice right now. But anyways I'm glad the F-35A gets missile payloads. The one reason I don't use them much right now.
Journier
Captain

Post by Journier »

in a sort of related way with the b2's, etc, shouldnt the attack be increased on them? it seems like fighter bombers are better at bombing units than heavy bombers are.. unless heavy bombers like the b2 arent supposed to be used vs troops?

since bombers have 1 "or 2?" passes to attack then they go to resupply usually.. and fighter bombers can stay over an area and make over 6 attacks usually accounting for more dmg to enemy that the heavy bomber could..

any thoughts on that?
margab
Captain

Post by margab »

Bombers can carry a lot more missiles. That is what makes them lethal imo. They wouldn't need adjustment to their attack values. I'm not sure about how many passes each does and what those should be, someone else can give an opinion on that.
"Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?"-Juvenal

Return to “Balance”