Increase aircraft repair rate

In this thread you can discuss any thoughts you have about balance within the game. Does a particular unit need a specification changed? Is a stealth plane not stealthy enough? Do "Belli Bar" levels need to be changed? Let us know and discuss it all here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

dust off
General

Post by dust off »

M1911 I've been using my air assets similar to you and would agree that they are very useful if used with care.

One issue I do have is that I don't seem to be able to order aircraft to bomb a unit without the AI sending them right over the hex. The AI does not seem to make use of the aircraft's range superiority. I can order them to fly near the enemy and let the air units choose their own targets.
But we should be ableto order aircraft to bomb high value units and the AI use the range superioity.

I'm going to post this in the issues thread.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Gotthard, isn't this referred to as "The Spiral of Death"? I saw a show on this how attack airplanes cost more and more to make causing less of them to be made, resulting in less coverage. And the cost value is exponential in growth. Sound familiar?

Gotthard wrote:Yes, it was smaller. But some numbers, if you will.

WWII cost something in excess of 4.5 Trillion dollars (inflation adjusted)

It took about $50,000 to kill a single man in WWII.

Now? Inflation adjusted turns out to somewhere around $550,000. 10-11x as much. But we only have 2-3x the income.

If you want, I've got a lot more information at home on the subject... man hours devoted to making all aircraft in the U.S. in 1945 and now, costs of planes then and now, ect.

And I'm not saying that is th eonly reason. there are other ocmpelling ones too. But we'll never attack Korea for this exact reason, even if you take away all the others. (IMHO anyway... who knows how stupid our presidents could get...)
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Perhaps you could make it so the more planes of a single type you order, the cheaper they cost? That is how it works in RL, the more you buy, the less each costs to make.

Also, when more units are order, the defense contractors tend to build/obtain new production facilities to meet the demand. This could be seen as an increased production rate in game.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

U know u could always be asked to give money to replace the lost units instead of waiting for a plane to be built. That would make it easier and faster.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.

Return to “Balance”