AFRICA Campaign - AAR

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

tonystowe
Colonel

AFRICA Campaign - AAR

Post by tonystowe »

Hello everyone, I was trying a new format in which the reports look like a newspaper article but I couldn't figure out how to attach the PDF file to this post. I thought it looked very good and added to the story, however I will have to simply post the blah, blah in the usual format! Here goes and I hope you all enjoy the story line.

03 MAR 2014. The newly elected President of the Republic of South Africa, Dr. Thabo, addresses the General Assembly of the African Union at Abuja, Nigeria. Written by Tony Stowe, Reporter for the Global News Network, African Relations Department.
“Today is the dawning of a new era for South Africa, and more so a new era for the continent” Dr. Thabo stated to the Assembly. I listened to the murmured pondering of those attending as I watched Dr. Thabo raise his hands to harvest everyone’s attention. Dr. Thabo’s initial words stirred the embers of everyone’s desires, or fears, and in due time that would forever change the history of the continent. Dr. Thabo’s second, well- crafted statement caused each dignitary to pause and contemplate his own position under this new regime as it was apparent that South Africa was simply a starting point for this pragmatic leader. It was apparent that while he did not insinuate all out war, indeed, he did made it clear that South Africa will influence and lead the continent into a new era of recognition and greatness.
I scanned the room as I listened to the deafening retorts from the more powerful regions represented here today by the likes of Morocco and Libya as their dislike for what was occurring was clearly written on their faces. Their representatives were obviously suffering from some internal strife between themselves as they remained stern in their poise and continued watching this new President as he presented “his” outlook for the continent, as it apparently did not include them as key figures. This is an interesting development indeed, as they have been the leading voices thus far but their feuding between themselves has distanced them from “Africa” and the greater good. (Shaking my head in amusement) I have spent the better part of the last three years travelling the northern countries of this continent and have recorded the obvious signs of friction between Morocco and Libya as they both try to lay claim to the oil rich land in which they have a common border. It wouldn’t surprise me if all out war becomes their podium before year’s end and I would wager that neither will give little thought to this new South African leader as it is obvious that they believe that his reach isn’t anywhere near the capability to strike or influence either of them. Time will tell if Dr. Thabo will make believers out of this Assembly and these two vagrants of Africa.
Dr. Thabo’s second statement wasn’t awe-inspiring, nor was it outright threatening or making demands of anyone gathered here today. He simply stated, “South Africa will be the leading nation on this continent in its economy, its diplomacy, and in its ability to defend itself and those with the courage to align itself with this great nation.” He continued, “There are nations in this union whose ability to produce the necessary resources and security are limited and need assistance.” Then he took a more specific tone, “while a few with the capability to assist other nations have opted to waste the limited, valuable resources on petty differences!” I believe my jaw hit the floor at this last statement and I quickly glanced at the representatives for Morocco and Libya to see them almost simultaneously stand and begin denouncing Dr. Thabo’s last statement and blaming the other. Dr. Thabo continued as if neither of them were present, “South Africa will support those nations who will hear the call to stand up and unite this continent and to live a common goal of Peace! Not as a second-hand nation standing behind South Africa, but standing side-by-side were we can interlock our economies, our military, and focus our direction towards pulling Africa out of poverty and war and into prosperity.” I felt myself pause at his bold rhetoric and it appeared as though he had a smirk on his face, as he looked each dignitary in the eye. The assembly became very agitated as both supporters and non-supporters of his statements began to voice their opinions of the audacity of this newly elected official. Representatives from the Angolan Republic, Tanzania, and Niger were among the few who stood up to question his intention and what securities could they have that his position wasn’t all out war. The leaders of Morocco and Libya simply returned to their seats while watching the chaos that in sued. Dr. Thabo again raised his hands for their attention and calmly invited each dignitary to take the next six month of this year to establish their position in such a grand coalition and attend a symposium to be hosted by South Africa in Pretoria on 03 SEPT 2014. “By that time,” he said, “each of us will be better prepared in presenting our strengths and weaknesses for the greater good of the African Union. I would like to suggest that each of you present your idea as to whom you feel should lead such a bold organization.” Dr. Thabo turned and simply walked off the stage while motioning for his delegation to indicate that it was time for them to leave.
tonystowe
Colonel

Continued

Post by tonystowe »

03 SEP 2014. The President of the Republic of South Africa, Dr. Thabo, addresses the General Assembly of the African Union at Pretoria, South Africa. Written by Tony Stowe, Reporter for the Global News Network, African Relations Department.
Dr. Thabo has been actively proving his point to the African Union over the last six months as he passionately conducted diplomacy across the continent. His peacekeeping wasn’t done in an assembly type manner however; it was made individually with each dignitary wherein he successfully secured all major treaties. Dr. Thabo was reported at going to great length to secure all except a full alliance and transit treaties, with every nation, to include the resentful Moroccan and Libyan governments. It wasn’t long before these nations were aligning themselves with each other as Dr. Thabo continued to encourage them to resolve old differences and unify themselves under the African Union.
Six months is a short time, however Dr. Thabo plainly turned South Africa’s economy and military around for the better. His hard line economic approach had cost him at home as his domestic approval rating dropped to a new low of 29% and his GDP/c dropped 11%; however, South Africa’s economic boom was just beginning as he eliminated 20% of the country’s debt and maintained a positive treasury while most of the continent continued to sink deeper into debt. He had created numerous jobs by the construction of new industry, improving the infrastructure, and modernizing the military was the major reason for the increase in immigration. His military approval rating remained the same as he made changes to the military including pay increases, training, and new equipment to a stagnant force. The most dramatic changes were with the reorganization of the entire military and the clean up of the key leadership. Several observers’ thought that a coup was inevitable in South Africa’s near future because of the changes but Dr. Thabo was fully prepared for any uprising and somehow diverted a catastrophe. It was reported by several agencies, both civilian and military, that South Africa’s security changes were borderline offensive and there were subtle disposition changes across the continent. By subtle changes I mean that the CB only increased by an average of 3% against South Africa and the Namibian Federation was returning to normal relations almost immediately.
You recall my statement six months ago in Abuja, Nigeria concerning Moroccan and Libyan difference of opinions over the oil rich territory where they share a common border. Well, both returned to their respective countries with fire in their eyes as they had a bitter dispute at the last meeting over the oil resources and who was the rightful owner. During the four months after the Abuja meeting everyone saw the war rhetoric coming from both sides and the military moves to back up those words and on the morning of 17 July 2014 Libya broke the silence and fired the shots of war as its forces crossed into Moroccan territory. CB against both nations had slowly been increasing with everyone and eventually all nations would declare war against Libya. Immediately Niger and Cameroon jumped on board with Morocco while most of the remaining nations eventually made a DoW against Libya simply by protocol; however none of them did anything to support Morocco in its fight and quite honestly why should they? Both countries were equally matched for the most part and why should they have put their troops in harm’s way? Dr. Thabo thinks differently than most and saw this as a perfect opportunity to improve his troops while remaining “the good guy.” Dr. Thabo secured Air transit treaties with everyone between South Africa and up to Morocco and quickly mobilized 14x Cheetah D aircraft to provide CAS to the Moroccan ground forces. Special Forces units were flown and deployed to Morocco to support allied operations and would be a critical element of Dr. Thabo’s offensive operations towards securing Libya. He secured sea transit and supply treaties with several countries along the western coast of Africa and dispatched one Surface Action Group of six vessels and six cargo vessels loaded with ground troops and air defense units. The ground troop contingent was small in comparison to Libya’s massive army but the mixture of CAS, ground units, SOF and AD assets should allow for progressive attacks while minimizing losses.
It must be mentioned that South Africa’s naval operations planners were the laughing stock of the world and almost found themselves imprisoned or worse at what happened next. The naval combat vessels performed as expected and met their deadline to arriving in Moroccan territory; however the transport ships ran out of fuel near the Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Principe and was stranded. Dr. Thabo’s displeasure with the naval staff was evident as they quickly moved assets to get those vessels to their destination. Once all assets were deployed he began a slow push eastward into Libyan territory and succeeded in capturing 90% of the country due to his quickened pace and tactics. Morocco was bitter at the outcome and will at some point attack South Africa to gain control of Libya but it has no choice but to concede that it now owns the disputed territory and oil resources in the now forgotten boundary between it and Libya! The demise of Libya became evident on 26 May 2017 when it completely surrendered to Moroccan and South African Commanders – with the bulk of Libyan assets, land and resources going to South Africa. South Africa’s CB against Morocco was reaching 90% by this time, however, declaring war against Morocco would have been suicide due to the limited ground and air forces South Africa had in the region. Not to mention that by this point every country had allied with the other and any such declaration could spark a continent-wide war against South Africa.
During this time of war Dr. Thabo managed his regional diplomacy with a tight grip and kept hostilities from igniting by the other countries against South Africa with monetary and technological gifts. This simple action slowed the progressing CB against South Africa to an average of 3% per year across the board with its highest being at 35%. At home Dr. Thabo had proven himself as holding to his word by paying off all debts one month prior to the end of the First Moroccan War and by improving and deploying a better military. These actions pushed his Military Approval to 100% and his Domestic Approval to an all time high of 36%. His economic policies had changed the face of South Africa by practically doubling its GDP/c to $14,973.
With the end of hostilities the continent began to heal itself except for Morocco – who wasn’t satisfied with the demise of Libya and was highly unhappy with Niger’s incompetent military. By 15 Oct 2017 Morocco had positioned a modest number of military units along the Niger border along the western coastal roads and began issuing requests for monetary compensation and military units/technology or else Niger would suffer the consequences and wrath of the Moroccan military. Niger immediately declared war against Morocco and fighting once again ensued with Cameroon aligning itself with Niger. This was a war of attrition as neither seemed competent enough to move their military past a few hundred kilometers into the other’s region. It was evident that both lacked sufficient resupply resources to maintain any serious forward momentum and this grueling tit-for-tat battle continued through 2018. South Africa was in a quandary as it had strong diplomatic ties with both countries but it was obvious that Dr. Thabo realized the threat posed by Morocco. It will be interesting to see the actions of South Africa in the coming years regarding this war.

It was during 2018 that Dr. Thabo noticed the African Confederation had began brandishing its war rhetoric against South Africa and its disposition and CB was raising right along with it. South Africa listened to the African Confederation dignitaries try to spread lies against Dr. Thabo and South Africa that would implement him in empire building tactics under the noses of the African Union. Long lasting air transit treaties with Nigeria and Niger allowed South Africa to pre-position several CAS squadrons and cargo aircraft with Special Forces units within striking distance of the African Confederation. Cargo ships with ground forces were pre-positioned off the coast as well to facilitate a beachhead and continuation of support operations for the airborne forces. During 2019 and the increasing hostilities with African Confederation South Africa still had air transit rights over the African Confederation and Dr. Thabo used this to determine that the western portion of the country was poorly defended and the ideal invasion point. By February 2020 the African Confederation CB was firm at 100% and Dr. Thabo was prepared with a similar invasion plan as that which entered Libya with his military ready for offensive operations.

D-Day for the war turned out to be 05 May 2020 when the African Confederation formally DoW against South Africa. Their DoW was unfounded and their military unprepared because in five days Dr. Thabo had proven himself again as a military tactician. The western 1/3 of the African Confederation was under South African control and every attempt by the African Confederation troops to reclaim their territory ended in tragedy. Many attempts were made to establish a cease fire resolution but all were quickly refused by African Confederation and the war continued.

During 2017-2019 years Dr. Thabo made huge diplomatic progress by securing full alliance treaties with Tanzania, Angolan Republic, and Niger and by the end of 2021 he had secured what was a pivotal move on his security plan, a full alliance with the Namibian Federation. These allies were critical in their own way to Dr. Thabo but to put into numbers the significance of these alliances these countries could collectively put over two million armed personnel onto the battlefield. The real significance: South Africa has the smallest military on the entire continent and has a three nation DMZ between itself and the first possible real enemy! Dr. Thabo appears as having a meager military focused on defensive purposes but his military operations abroad show a completely different view.
tonystowe
Colonel

Continued

Post by tonystowe »

15 August 2019. The Second Moroccan War between Morocco, Niger and Cameroon. Reporting suggests that South Africa has maintained a steady, albeit removed hand in this war to keep itself clean of any visible wrong doing. The unconfirmed reports implicate Dr. Thabo’s military and economic advisors as having been assisting Niger in its war against Morocco from the beginning. Economically it is believed that a large stipend of petroleum and other resources and specifically military goods have been making their way into Niger and military observers have reported seeing anti-ship, anti-tank, and air-to-air missiles coming into the country via South African controlled African Confederation territory.

22 March 2022. During the years of 2020-2022 Dr. Thabo continued punishing the African Confederation and by the end of the year had reduced it to 1/3 its original size and having it completely blocked off from the rest of the world. The puzzling part was the reports showing that the African Confederation was still showing a sizable petroleum reserve six months past its last resource being taken or destroyed. Regardless, Dr. Thabo’s intent was to either starve them out or they would succumb to reason and surrender.

09 July 2023. The war is finally over! It has been some time since my last major report but I have been imbedded with the South African 10th Special Forces Group on the front lines of the war in African Confederation. It saddens me to report that the loss of lives during this war has been enormous with the African Confederation estimates at well over half a million dead and an unknown number of wounded. In my spare time I began researching the First Moroccan War and found some similarities to this war that might interest those reading this report. At the time of their surrender the Domestic Approval for both Libya and African Confederation was at 13% with their Military Approval being at 46% and 44% respectfully. Both had lost their resource base and had considerable national debts of $65 and $33 billion respectfully and a negative cash flow. The war fought by South Africa wasn’t by chance, in my opinion, as its goal of demoralizing, destroying, and choking the life out of what was once a breathing country prevailed. As a writer and researcher I was amazed to see that the rest of Africa set by and watched the South African military as it destroyed yet another nation under the auspices of peace.

01 JAN 2025. WAR! Well, not exactly but in a show of support for an ally South African A400 Cargo aircraft have been reportedly seen providing around-the-clock support to Niger ground forces as they engaged Moroccan forces.

This war has been on-going for eight years with small numbers of skirmishes and attrition type combat along the border between Moroccan and Niger forces each month. However, all of that changed for the worse for Morocco on approximately 15 OCT 2024 as Niger ground forces began a two prong assault against Moroccan forces. The larger force was in the East moving north towards the Moroccan city of In Salah and its nearby airport and military base. Fighting in that area has been fierce with Moroccan forces barely holding the line. The second Niger force, while smaller, was still formidable as they pushed north along the coast from their assembly areas to capture the Moroccan city of Guelta Zemmur and its airport north to the river. The battles here were just as fierce and Morocco eventually lost its southwest airstrip and a couple of cities.

[/b]
tonystowe
Colonel

Continued

Post by tonystowe »

03 AUG 2025. South Africa’s sprint into leading the African continent has been officially confirmed and acknowledged by the African Union. South Africa is currently the number one producing country of all resources and is the number one importing and exporting country. What is surprising to most is the fact that most of its exports are free; even to those countries who have refused a full alliance. Granted, those with a full alliance gain the most in such trades but the amounts exported to non-allied countries is still considerable.

Morocco continues to wage its mindless war against Niger resulting in South Africa imposing a full embargo against Morocco and South Africa petitioning the African Union to follow suit to punish Morocco. However, to date no other country has done so due to alliances/commitments that is already in place between them and Morocco. Regardless, South Africa is making its point as the other nations do not have the export relationship with Morocco, not to mention the means, to support them with the necessary war-related resources to ensure Morocco’s success.
Of interest is what has been occurring with Congo and the Namibian Fed over the last six months. Both have shown a considerable increase in their CB against South Africa and while the Namibian Fed is the largest threat it is believed that its alliance with South Africa will keep it from attacking. The threat posed by the Namibian Fed lies in the fact that its military is literally twice the size of that of South Africa. South Africa has been very active on the diplomatic scene with Namibian Fed and has managed to keep their CB around 40% but South Africa doesn’t believe diplomacy will ensure peace. Africa Union Observers have reported that South Africa has built a line of defensive emplacements along its entire border with the Namibian Fed some 100-150 km’s inside its territory. Each emplacement is currently occupied by South African troops with artillery and air defense forces in range to react to any attack.
Although the Congo isn’t a direct threat against South Africa it continues to show its war footing and dislike of South Africa as its CB exceeded 50% by August 2025. African Union observers in Tanzania and Nigeria have reported seeing large numbers of South African troops positioning near the Congo border in their territory. Although a full alliance exists between South Africa and the Angolan Rep no troops have been seen in their territory. For the first time in African history a large number of South African SSM units have been deployed in Nigeria in preparation for combat operations. It is estimated that South Africa has 2,000 SSM missiles and when approached with questions concerning these units the South African military representatives simply wave us off declining to comment.
tonystowe
Colonel

Continued

Post by tonystowe »

During the years of 2026-2029 South Africa continued to change the face of its military by applying technological advances and deploying seasoned units to assembly areas in order to deal with any threat. During this time the two major threats were Congo and the Namibian Fed, although strong diplomatic ties between Namibian Fed and South Africa have maintained the peace. Of considerable note is that by the end of 2026 South Africa had upgraded its BC and was at an astounding 39 with Morocco the closest at a minuscule BC of 14 while all of the other countries were maintaining a BC of 10 or less. The increase in BC by South Africa and their deployment of troops into emplacements along their border was the primary cause for Namibian Fed’s CB to top out to 100% by 01 FEB 2027. At that time the Namibian Feds DipRate towards South Africa had decreased to 80% and by Dec 2027 was at an all time low of 40% and dropping.

Diplomatically South Africa continued to cuddle its neighbors with vast amounts of resources and funding to ensure peace on the continent. The largest compliment of resources, technology and funding was given to Nigeria during this time and by Jun 2028 a full alliance was announced to the African Union. This smiling diplomacy wasn’t given to everyone though and the pinch of not having sufficient resources was being felt by those who were opposed to aligning themselves with South Africa. It was during the 2028 spring convention of the African Union that Dr Thabo was elected by an overwhelming majority to the position of Deputy Chairperson of the Commission of the African Union. It was during his acceptance speech that he pointed out that Congo should refrain from continuing its war rhetoric against South Africa and seek peace. Dr. Thabo deliberately stated to the African Union that Congo’s rhetoric (their CB) had increased an average of 7% every two months and was currently at an alarming 63%. The representatives of Tanzania, Nigeria, Cameroon and the Angolan Republic each warned Congo that they had authorized South Africa to use their airspace and deploy troops onto their territory to encourage Congo to change its course. The Congo representative reminded each of them that they had a long-withstanding alliance with Congo and that it had no intention of conducting war with them. However, if South African troops and aircraft attack Congo from within their respective borders that they assume responsibility for any damage and/or deaths inflicted upon their soil and people. Congo, the representative stated loudly, seeks peace but South Africa will not decrease its military war machine and continues to deprive Congo’s people of needed resources.

By December 2028 South Africa had deployed approximately 250 ground units in Tanzania and Nigeria along the Congo border. South African naval forces were poised to strike Congo’s oil facilities along its coast and South African air force Cheetahs were deployed in all countries surrounding Congo to support combat operations. An interesting development is that Congo had also deployed troops into Tanzania, Nigeria, and the Angolan Rep. If war is declared then heavy fighting will surely cost these bordering countries unless something is done soon!
By July 2029 Congo’s CB had reached 100% as war appears to be imminent! South Africa has reportedly begun production on two new tanks and a new attack helicopter that they say will ensure South African success. By September 2029 South Africa’s BC had increased to a disturbing 48 and when I requested the diplomacy standing between South Africa and the rest of the continent I found the following results: The average CB against South Africa is steady at 29% for all except Namibian Fed and Congo whose CB is at 100%. How is South Africa maintaining such low levels of distrust while maintaining such a high BC is beyond my comprehension?
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

Realy good but how did you get so many air transit agrment i only got to people ally with me morroco and africa confind and my ships saild the whol way to morco none stope how did your ships run out of fuel

PS 2025 ??? ??? i am at 2018 and have 45% of africa and a nother 50% who are at war with me
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

SoB wrote:my ships saild the whol way to morco none stope how did your ships run out of fuel
Only my transports ran out of fuel and when I ordered the warships and the transports to sail to Morocco they took the most direct route. I would rather see the naval vessel's look at the supply more closely to ensure they aren't stranded.
SoB wrote:but how did you get so many air transit agrment i only got to people ally with me morroco and africa confind
I remained very peaceful and initially reduced my BC to below the Morocco and Libya levels. I immediately began very aggressive diplomacy to ensure the agreements were signed. For those countries that I wanted a full alliance I pushed a greater amount of technology, resources and money to sweeten the deal.
SoB wrote:PS 2025 ??? ??? i am at 2018 and have 45% of africa and a nother 50% who are at war with me
Until this game I immediately went on the warpath and started conquering everyone within my reach. With this game I slowed down my military activities, increased my diplomacy and acted militarily ONLY when I would NOT be perceived by the majority as the aggressor.

In this game I wanted to meet several objectives:

1. A full alliance with at least five other countries (DONE)
2. Continuous World Market offers throughout the game (DONE)
3. War with no more than two other countries at any given time (DONE)
4. Conquer the continent while remaining the "peace maker" (DONE - so far)

I am currently in the year 2033 and have control of Libya, African Confed, and Congo. I have researched everything possible and am maintaining a $100 billion economy with many, many economic trades that I do for 12 month duration. My military is now the largest, but the important part is that it is by far the absolute technologically advanced on the continent. I still use Elite II and Airborne II forces (I have approximately 25x A400 cargo plans full for quick deployment) to counter any invasions. My average CB is 29% with the Namibian Fed having had a 100% CB and 0% DipRate for the last 5-6 years and still have not attached me. I haven't set back waiting for Namibian Fed's attack, I have built a line of emplacements along the length of our shared border and have each filled with tanks, SOF, and AT. Behind that line is my G11 Artillery (which rock!).

I had been at peace with the continent for three years and finally decided that no matter what I did that no one would DoW against me. I changed my settings to allow my troops to enter territory owned by neutral's (but not allied). Sudan was my test target and they immediately DoW when one of my helicopter's crossed into their territory. Morocco, Cameroon, and Namibian Fed quickly followed suite and within two months had DoW against me. Basically I went from a peaceful living to all hell breaking loose as I battled Four large military's across the continent.

The good part for me is that I had been planning for a three front war and had been positioning top-of-the-line troops across the continent to deal with the threats. I also built emplacements to assist against Cameroon but they simply ran my forces over in Congo, however they didn't pursue to capture any territory further south. At any rate, I am now towards the end of the first year of this major war and I have left Cameroon alone for the moment; I am pushing westward across Morocco with relative ease; I am pushing southward, from Libya, into Sudan; and am crushing Namibian Fed from the north (out of Angolan Republic) and south.

The initial attacks on 21 May 2033 my military was awesome as all four countries made their initial offensive push against my forces. Morocco made a fairly good attack on my forces in Libya; Sudan made a pitiful attack against my troops in Congo; Cameroon made an astounding attack against my forces in Congo; and Namibian Fed forces got down right serious with its attacks against me. Now it is 04 DEC 2033 and my losses have been a minuscule 180 units while my kills are at 2,340 and growing.
More later
tonystowe
Colonel

Continued

Post by tonystowe »

23 SEPT 2029 WAR! It was just reported that on the evening of 23 SEP 2029 Congo and South African troops erupted into fighting in Tanzania territory near the city of Kigali. Reports from our observers indicated that South Africa had approximately 500 ground units deployed to secure Tanzania’s border with Congo. What’s curious is that Tanzania and Congo are allied so the fighting shouldn’t be to take their territory and it will be interesting to see how Tanzania reacts. By late OCT 2029 all of Congo’s petroleum industry had been either destroyed or captured and that the South African troops had physically cut off all ground, sea, and air supply routes in its efforts to squeeze the life out of the once peaceful nation.

Fierce fighting continued with losses to Congolese troops increasing considerably. During September it was calculated that Congolese losses compared to that of South African losses were at a rate of 10:1; by late October 13:1; by late November 14:1 and by mid-January 2030 yet another increase to 17:1. A representative was sent to the capitol of Congo to discuss peace as it was evident that South Africa’s methodical destruction of their ability to defend themselves was overwhelming. The South African forces were initially outnumbered 5:1 at the onset of hostilities; however South Africa’s tactics and technologically advanced units quickly reversed the illusion of that advantage.
The fighting continued into 2030 and by the time of the one year anniversary for the war it was obvious that South Africa had no intention of stopping its offensive operations as it increased the Congolese losses to a breathtaking 31:1. My correspondents spent a considerable amount of time with the South African forces and report the following reasons for their successes. During this war South Africa deployed the untested TA-04 and GMT02A MBT, advanced attack helicopter AMH-01, and the G6-52 and G-11 Hydra SP artillery. This equipment was facing a formidable force of Soviet designed T-62 through T-80U MBT, numerous APC’s, 2S1, SS-30 and other support units that simply could not face up to the onslaught of South African forces. The only creditable Congo military success was its in-depth air defense coverage which kept South African CAS aircraft out of the fighting as they dominated the battlefields over the African Confed and Libya years earlier. It was reported that by 23 SEPT 2030 that South African troops had effectively closed to within 300km’s of Congo’s capitol from all directions cutting it off from the rest of the continent. Up to this point the fighting had taken place all over Congo, and into Tanzania and Angolan Republic. South Africa’s diplomatic and military leadership prevailed in keeping both countries from entering the war. The interesting facet to all of this is the both Tanzania and Angolan Rep were allied with Congo and with South Africa.
Military advisors from the World Market were quoted to having said that South Africa’s military damage and loss of life has been greater with each subsequent war. To elaborate, they pointed out that in its war with Libya there were 592 units killed; with the African Confed there were 1,123 units killed; and now with Congo the number is up to 2,137. The numbers alone are mildly interesting; however the critical part of this analysis is that it has taken South Africa less time to accumulate the enemy casualties while managing its own losses to a bare minimum.
One month later on 22 NOV 2030 South African troops took control of the Congolese capitol and the next day a full surrender was bartered and a chance for peace to settle once again over the continent.
PEACE CONTINUES! Through the end of the year and into 2031 South Africa excelled in technological advances and economic trades with everyone except Morocco and Namibian Fed. Morocco was still at war with Niger who has been a long time ally of South Africa and Namibian Fed, while an ally of South Africa, continues to bare its teeth and rhetoric towards war with South Africa. Namibian Fed’s CB against South Africa has been at 100% for the last four years and it’s DipRate at 0% for almost as long and its reservation of a full DoW has puzzled even the best military analysts.
On 26 MAR 2032 South Africa openly gave an enormous military package to Niger from its bases in Libya. South Africa’s representative commented that in the interest of peace it was giving Niger an $8.5 billion defense package consisting of 39x MBT’s (T-55, T-62, C-69, M60A3 and AMX-13), 19x Anti-Tank vehicles (Spiker-ER, Ratel, VBC-90, BRDM-2, Rooikat, AMX-VCI), 48x Artillery pieces (M109A2, Palmoria, 2S3, Caesar) and 8x MLRS (BM-21). Additionally there was a $405 million humanitarian assistance package which included twelve months of assistance in agriculture, petroleum, timber, and other resources. South Africa’s military representative further commented that Morocco’s war against Niger has been unjust and that its continued hostilities towards its ally would not go unnoticed.
The ink had not dried on the final signature of the military deal when the first vehicles of this package left the South African base heading south towards. The interesting part is that the base is located near the Libyan city of Zuwarah and when the troops left the base they immediately began capturing Moroccan territory. Another interesting facet of this event was that Morocco was not going to sit idly by while South Africa supported its enemy and immediately conducted a broad offensive operation along most of the war front with Niger. Additionally Morocco sent a large contingent of troops to deal with the Niger units just given to them from South Africa. The Moroccan offensive was to spite South Africa’s interference and Niger lost all but a few of the new units as well as a considerable amount of its units along the fragile front.
South Africa learned enough from the last incident that this time it delivered another, albeit smaller, military package to Niger from its bases in African Confed territory. This one was on 08 APR 2032 for $2.5 billion consisting mostly of APC’s, a few MBT’s and a lot of SP Artillery and another on 26 JUN 2032 for another $2.5 billion of similar equipment. The fighting between Morocco and Niger continued with both losing and gaining territory but not one significant gain in terms of defeating one or the other.
The year of 2033 was peaceful for most part and the military prowess of South Africa could be seen all over the continent. South Africa’s BC had increased to above 150 as most of its bases had been built up into large fortresses and its military’s immense size was a warning to everyone. The military moves being made by South Africa was nothing short of war and certainly offensive in nature and on 21 MAY 2033 Sudan reported that a South Africa helicopter had flown purposely into its territory along the Congo border. Sudan offered no warning to South Africa as it made a full declaration of war and deployed forces immediately to the area. Cameroon followed suit by making an official DoW against South Africa and began immediately to attacking South African troops deployed in Congo. Morocco had not forgot about South Africa’s meddling into its affair with Niger and officially made a DoW and attacked South African troops stationed in Libya. Namibian Fed seen this as an opportune time to break ties with South Africa and sternly warned it against continued military activity and indicated that all South African troops are to be pulled from its borders or war would ensue. Days later Namibian Fed made its official DoW and conducted a large offensive against the South Africa heartland.

(The main war in my next post)
Bobb4
Warrant Officer

help

Post by Bobb4 »

How do you conquer an African country, I am fighting as South Africa and had Namibia DOW on me. I have rolled them back in the West to their main city leaving a buffer between Angola and myself.
I have captured their capital in the central region and pushed them up towards the Tanzanian border. The moment Angola declared war I arranged a cease-fire with Namibia.
This however stopped me moving troops in areas not controlled by my troops. Two large circles of enemy land within my now extended borders. Nothing is inside these circles and I was wondering how I could take them without DOW on Namibia? My navy has taken the war to Angola and I have secured their oil fields.
The cease-fire between Namibia and myself will end soon.
I have to problems. How to hurt Angola enough for them to accept peace and secondly how to quickly grab what is left of Namibia.
Where would I locate the so-called Command units I have heard you talk about and what would they look like?
tonystowe
Colonel

Re: help

Post by tonystowe »

Bobb4 wrote:How do you conquer an African country, I am fighting as South Africa and had Namibia DOW on me. I have rolled them back in the West to their main city leaving a buffer between Angola and myself.
I have captured their capital in the central region and pushed them up towards the Tanzanian border. The moment Angola declared war I arranged a cease-fire with Namibia.
You are going to hate hearing this but your cease-fire arrangement was pre-mature and has only delayed your operations against Namibia. By saying it was pre-mature I mean that Angola would not have sent troops after you until you physically start taking their territory. They may send a few units here or there but nothing to cause you great concern. In hindsight you should have maintained your war status with Namibia and continued taking their territory and destroying their ability to conduct offensive operations against you. In the mean time you take control of resources, cities, and industry that Namibia cannot protect and eventually it will give up to you. One thing to note is that some Namibian territory, cities, resources, etc may be given to Angola or other bordering country when they decide to give up. To counter this you should encircle what you want and ensure that you control the territory before the inevitable surrender.
Bobb4 wrote:Two large circles of enemy land within my now extended borders. Nothing is inside these circles and I was wondering how I could take them without DOW on Namibia?
If a ceasefire has been established with Namibia then you would have to DoW to take the territory. Doing so is going to hurt your relations with everyone else but if constant war is your goal then don't worry about the relationships. Simply strategize who and how many enemies you intend to fight at once.
Bobb4 wrote:The cease-fire between Namibia and myself will end soon.
I have to problems. How to hurt Angola enough for them to accept peace and secondly how to quickly grab what is left of Namibia.
Hurting Angola, or other country, is possible by taking their means to support their industry (power, coal, oil, etc), their population sustaining production (food, power), their infrastructure (bridges, bases, ports, etc). You should not engage in a battle that is going to be highly costly to you. Pull his troops out by maybe capturing an enemy city within range of your aircraft but outside his control that you can wear him down. I have found that airborne forces will do considerable damage in you land 4-8 units in a city and hold it. As for them accepting peace - I wouldn't count on it nor hope for peace! Stop wasting time on assuming peace will get you where you want. Even if everyone DoW against you, you still have the ability to control when and where the fighting takes place and in a manner that will allow you a greater winning success.
Bobb4 wrote:Where would I locate the so-called Command units I have heard you talk about and what would they look like?
These units could be in the form of air units, airborne units, or any unit that could quickly move to fight against enemy units. I usually would have a typical stack of 3x arty, 2x Inf (m), 2x Tanks or 3x Arty, 4x Tanks or any mixture in the locations where I expected moderate to heavy contact. I would have 4-6 hexes of this make up and in behind those another 4-6 hexes of 7x arty. On the flanks I would have a few units to keep the enemy from simply walking up behind my lines. This force was flexible depending on the amount of air support (ground attack) that I had available. The location for these Command units (for a lack of better terms) depends on where you expect the heaviest fighting and whether or not you are on the offense of defense.

If you have any detailed questions just send another post.

Tony
Bobb4
Warrant Officer

Post by Bobb4 »

I have restarted the game and have taken my time slowly rolling a three pronged army up Namibia.
Windhoek will fall soon and than the man central city. I am also rolling up on the Eastern coast.
My question is how much must their domestic and millitary approval drop befor they surrender and where can I see it?
Lastly do SA planes ever get missiles?
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Bobb4 wrote:I have restarted the game and have taken my time slowly rolling a three pronged army up Namibia.
Windhoek will fall soon and than the man central city. I am also rolling up on the Eastern coast.
My question is how much must their domestic and millitary approval drop befor they surrender and where can I see it?
Lastly do SA planes ever get missiles?
1)surrendering is only when every city larger than a certain population is under your control.

2)Yes, buy some techfrom neighbors before war starts, or wait for World Market to sell you missiles.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Regions can just "collaspe", which results wise, is pretty much the same.

Below 7% dar and mar are about when you can start to reasonably expect an enemy region to collaspe.BUT there doesnt seem to be a way to be sure at what exact %s this will occur.It appears top work off a probability scale.
To make matters more confusing, some regions actually get stronger (at some points)as you take their cities,because their bills outwieghed their income, and you effectively improve the regions situation (less people to feed, supply resources to, etc...)as you take land from them.
In cases like this, you might actually have to capture every single city they own :lol:

You can see their dar and mar on the diplo screen.

Ive seen the region of europe on the world map simply collapse with only circa 1 /3 of their cities/land captured.
Theres a screen shot of the mass surrender and defection in the humorous pic thread.

Your best bet, it too really pile it on all at once.Cause as much loss to the enemy region during a short but sustained period of time .This drives their percentages down fast and doesnt allow them the time to recover before they fail a "probability check" for collapse.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Bobb4
Warrant Officer

Post by Bobb4 »

I had to capture every city before they collapsed and surrendered. Angola has since joined the fray.
I was wondering if there was a way of buying weapons on the World Market, such as a shopping list or do they just randomly offer you stuff?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Sadly in sr2010, you just have to wait for W.M. offers.

We might get a shopping list inventory like kind of system in sr2020.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “After Action Reports”