Nobody likes the Turks =(

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

The Khan
General

Nobody likes the Turks =(

Post by The Khan »

I'll keep it short:

I built up, armed up and warmed up the economy, triggering inflation from 1% to 10%, made a self sufficient, nice and cozy Turkey, then watched as Israel rejected all my friendship offers, only sold me tech and conquered Syria, then the entire Middle East declared war on me and on each other.

If I was rich I'd commission a coder to improve diplomacy AI.

Result? Entire Middle East's army is in their nases for repairs. I have half of Syria, Israel has another half, and Iraq and Iran has other parts.

My summed up opinion:

"LOLWUT"

By the way, is there an extensive, very detailed Inflation in game anywhere? All I have is insufficient few sentences.
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

what difficulty did you set?

if you set it as very hard thats your problem even if you did it on hard the AI rejects almost evry alliance, embassy, peace (well mabye not peace but still only if you give them some $$$$) if your on easy up to normal cant help you besides look how they think of you (relations button, if you have good realtions but their populace hates you butter them up, if they and their populace hate you u dont have a chance, if their populace loves you but they hate you i cant help you their)
Economically people **** on me

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

so, how do I make the population think nice of me? I sell consumption goods 1500$ BELOW the next lowest price for years in massive numbers!

Almost whole Middle East eats Turkish candy and chocolate, watches with Turkish Televisions, plays Supreme Ruler 2050 wih Turkish computers made with Turkish parts, uses Turkish domestic cleaning stuff, drives Turkish Cars,rides Turkish boats, wears Turkish clothes, heck uses Turkish Sex Toys!

You thik the Middle Easterners would hate us? Plus we are muslims too!

Dude... Some scenarios really need some remaking.
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

i dont know give free recourses
give tons of cash (if you dont have the cash cheat and get it)
give techs

thats all i can think about :P

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

The Khan wrote: ...You thik the Middle Easterners would hate us? Plus we are muslims too!

Dude... Some scenarios really need some remaking.
Khan,

Well, you would probably know more that the rest of us about this. However, it was my understanding that Turkey isn't all that loved by the more radical Muslims. Being a secular state, radical Muslims view Turkey as one step above Western infidels.

If that is anywhere near true, it is not out of the realm of possibility that a middle east dominated by radical Muslims could come after Turkey without feeling they've violated the Muslim brotherhood.

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Feltan wrote: Khan,

Well, you would probably know more that the rest of us about this. However, it was my understanding that Turkey isn't all that loved by the more radical Muslims. Being a secular state, radical Muslims view Turkey as one step above Western infidels.
Yes, yes. Which is why I got confused seeing Israel starting to hate me faster than them, and attacking me without reason.

I mean, The little oil countries and Iran declared war on me after I overran Iraq which ALREADY declared war on me, until that, they just were "concerned" while Israel was busy hating me to death.

My cousin is a journalist, and he interviewed Simon Peres a few weeks ago and he said that Turkey and Israel would be forever close allies and friends as what our people did in 1492 saved them from a humiliating and miserable existence as exiles of Spain.

It is fully in Turkish unfortunately, but for those interested in reading anyway,

http://www.hurhaber.com/author_article_ ... hp?id=1118

So, This is where constructive cheating comes to play.

I cheat enough money to bribe and woo Israel until we are BFF allies, then go on with gaming.

See? This can't be a cheat, and that's why I love cheat codes.
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

YAY :D :lol: :lol:
my plan always works!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The Khan wrote:...Which is why I got confused seeing Israel starting to hate me faster than them, and attacking me without reason...
What difficulty level?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Balthagor wrote:
The Khan wrote:...Which is why I got confused seeing Israel starting to hate me faster than them, and attacking me without reason...
What difficulty level?
I swear, medium. Did I accidentally run over a Jew with my rapidly relocating Engineer infantry or something?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Just how high is your build cap ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

You mean unit construction limit a time? IS it important? I got it pretty high last time.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Consider it THE most important factor in considering how the AI treats you.(Not counting hard coded rules like "hate human" AI and scenario specific hates)

If you have the highest build cap,all the AI regions will be in "hyper hate you drive" and it will cost insane amounts of free trades to sway them otherwise.

You should ALWAYS make sure at least one other region in the game has a higher build cap than you if you dont want to pay out an arm and a leg getting the AI to like you.

For best diplomatic results, have the lowest build cap in the scenario.

You can always kick your build cap up as high as you want AFTER you have the allies you want.
Chuckle TM
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

"Oh noes! HE can build 15 tanks at a time when I can 10! IMMA KILL HIM!"

Is that like this?!
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Pretty much.

Just think what the AI would have done to you if they thought you were secretly building WMD :P
Chuckle TM
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

tkobo wrote:Pretty much.

Just think what the AI would have done to you if they thought you were secretly building WMD :P
That's gay. No one sees my Anatolian territory and the two large bases.

I think Unit Cap = AI HAET PLAYER should be changed to

Currently building units passing a threshold,rapid buildup = EXCUSE ME WTF R U DOIN

Return to “After Action Reports”