world - Europe - SP

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

sneer
Warrant Officer

world - Europe - SP

Post by sneer »

part 1 playing time : 2 afternoons
standard settings

After few days of getting familiar with game and trying to understand economic models i decided to play sth big
the more complicated the better
world was looking good
1st pick was NA but SA is too weak and AI will never sail to NA so it wos boring
i noticed that europe may be a challenge as it is always attacked 1st and its economy always collaps under AI

i was amazed how many shortages player faces playing europe
basicly everything needs tweaking

petroleum is problem but there are also oil fields that can be built fast and synthetic fuels are not far away. electric power is more difficult as there are many nuclear facilities and europe must import uranium.

as you may guess i was able to cover supply gap in any commodity soon except electric power and uranium. electric facilities needs time to be built and they cost a lot , there is also less good places for hydro power than in NA.

more or less economy was stabilized in late autumn , with more or less neutral trade balance and moderate and growing research spendings.

there is no more fear about economy after this task :P

military part was little more sophisticated
i know that russia will be tempted to move fast against me and i know neighbours like to join against player

also there is mess with multi country units and design

there were 2 decisions made
1. fortification line - finland and river line in eastern europe - baltic states were abandoned
2. troops from norway reinforced finland from poland reinforced center front and from slovakia/czech and austria reinforced right russian wing
balkan states reinforced turkey border
western europe almost all to reserve

everything went fine till december 2020
at 24th i even thought that russian ai found me strong enough to leave me alone especially i had fuel surpluses.
they attacked on 25th
sweden and denmark reinforced finland with all its reserves deployed
UK forces were mobilized and readied for sea transport
polish forces deployed all / reserves included / to eastern border

to my surprise Ai was not able to break me - even ukraine border city comlex was in my hands after assault was finished only baltic states were lost

UK forces were sent in jan -Feb to norway bergen and later sent to mid finland - they will soon cut murmansk from main russia - clear Kola peninsula and move south
western army mobilized / except italy .france and spain and moved to center group

meanwhile Feb ? middle east attacked - balkan forces repulsed enemy and counterattacked - most of turkey was taken - including cyprus invaded by greece forces - syria , lebannon and israel were too strong at this stage , i did not also wanted to attack russian caucasus
so i decided to hold shortest line as possible and concentrate on russian front
operation was designed to take petersburg - it happened that my forces were so strong that with attack from belarus and Kola peninsula i cut it off fast and captured - offensive was continued towar moscow and southern front from ukraine was also given orders to attack to hold any enemy reinforcement off capital
basicly heavy fight were only in march- april 2021 - offensive was not halted for any moment - i have no policy of stopping and consolidation - constant push wa my motto - i had to order conscription as i did not stopped to close facilities but my dar was at stable 40+ level
russia was finished in summer i reached south asia border when their MR dropped to 2% level and i could concentrate on middle east

i would forget but somwhere meanwhile africa joined my enemies but with spain and southern france mobilized i ignored them

my army from cenral and east russia were close to attack positions in persia when southern asia decided i'm too strong
it looked serious - for the 1st time i was stretched too much - so all possible reserves were found and directed to SAsia borders
middle east 1st was decided

campaign was not much longer that deserr storm
within about 1 month they were over - only bagdad offered some resistance for a few days
it was 1st time when i noticed that constant war and new land make my economy instable but decided that i will wait with decisions till more quiet times
asian forces were kept on borders when i decided that half of my army moves o africa and half to asian border

before i issued orders India declared war on me
situation was difficult as i had no troops on their border - closest big army group was at kuwait / bagdad - nothing to say to managed to move fast enough to stop india - looked like they had fuel problem / at this stage only me and america was self sufficient.
so late summer early autumn 2021 - campaign in india and in northern africa
africa was easy and the only real enemy was lack of fuel what halted me more often than african troops
northern part from dakar to etiopia is mine and offensive was halted to save fuel for 2nd group MR of Africa is 16%
India was a case for little longer than middle east
basicly in early autumn they were done and troops were ordered to take indochina and open new front on asian soil / on other borders i had rather defensive forces.
till november 2021 i managed to take indochina , nepal + tybet + reach southern china / hainan taken Asian MR is 5% - little more and they will be done
meanwhile i had to defend against oceania sneak attack in malayas
i will deal with them earlier
now i have to wait few months - need to build another 50 fuel plants as well as at least 50 cold fusion plants
population moved from 500mil to 2.9 b and economy is in total chaos
so 3-6 months break are needed to have surpluses to feed my 4 mil military force.
i estimate that soon if job let me playing in afternons i should invade new world and recolonize this continent again - with little luck it will be somewhere in late 2012 or 2013
oceania is not important - lots of time consuming amphibious operations with little gain - they will be last
soon world will be mine and european burocracy will be able to show how things need to be organized

to be continued ....
sneer
Warrant Officer

Post by sneer »

part 2 : 1 more afternoon

economic surprise was terrible as i looked at it
deficits :
energy 20 mil
petroleum 70 mil
food 3 mil
water 7 mil
timber : don't remember but 50% of demand was not covered

simply speaking i had areas where i had to double production
i noticed that DAR moves fast down but when there is not enough food water and electricity it is more than justified

enough to say crisis was over in early feb 2022
there was no free space for building facilities in france , british isles , belgium holland and west germany - incredible sight

early feb i had enough fuel to continue offensives
Asia surrendered few days later and oceania was driven out of malayas
Africa took me much longer as this continent is really big
even if in feb africa had only 16% of MR it took till summer to break them
and my troops crossed kongo moving south when it happened
at this moment i let my minister auto building new troops
last year campaign was done by starting set of troops and troops i inherited from conquered regions.
invasion on america was planned
navy was gathered in biskay bay - about 200 warships and 100 transports
about 20k missiles were deployed
troops were divided in 4 groups
1st and 2ndarmy group /moved from asia/ in france / 1 big camp/
3rd in africa close to giblartar straits
4th in asia divided in few garrison groups with task focused on oceania
in oceania i found that i can conquer sumatra and java using amphibious mech inf units so thay fall quickly as old asian units were ready for such duties

i had to plan against america
natural idea would be to start with south america first
but it would be too easy
i declared war to north america - 1 st offensive war for europe in september/ DAR reflected lack of CB/

1st step was to destroy US eastern navy
than troops landed in canada
ports in new founland and near halifax were taken and in early november i had almost to 2 army groups waiting for orders in canada
there were dramatic moments when local US forces attacked my landing units but AI fail in recognition of major threats in this game
also it was funny as t55 family crushed resistance of 110+ tech us tanks
but non hercules plures....
in november 2022 i keep line from detroit to washington and i'm on the offensive
there is still a lot of troops in transport on continent but there is no navy that could harm them

i think that north america needs 4-5 more months
oceania about 6 months but i don't want to loose concentration from another theater so it may be done last
south america - i don't know
if i were them i would surrender now :P

another interesting news : i was able to finish technology tree till feb 2022
it is about 20 game months - not even concentrating heavily in this area

to be continued
sneer
Warrant Officer

Post by sneer »

to be short
i had ctd after which i did not decide to continue game / no save available
but meanwhile
North America was done to my surprise till late october - european armies reached california and mexico
1 next month and army was concentrated in panama - i decided that no air/naval invasion is needed when i had whole central america as troop camp
in November 2022 south america was invaded.
losses were high. terrain is difficult and it is difficult to use superior numbers.
amazonian forests also slows down thing a lot.
needles to say 2023 started with capitulation of South america.
oceania was scheduled on feb 2023
fleet moved to area and cleared ocean approaches
in late feb asian group army landed in australia in port darwin area and established beachhead few minutes later game crashed and i had no will to fight it once again

conclusions
although not finished / australia would take max 1h of real time /
big scenarios are far too easy
there is no strategy
numbers are enough
my starting troops + troops taken from surrenering regions were enough to play
air power were not necessary - too big mess
just mech units or rather thousands of them
my army stated for about 8 milions active soldiers in the end
no technical advantage was needed
tech 50 or 60 tanks were enough if reinforced

i think that ai is sth that scream to be reworked - with non concentrated ai forces you always win with ease no matter how carelessly you play

smaller scenarios bring much bigger challenges
and next aar will certainly be about small weak country in difficult situation :-)
zhshs7
Warrant Officer

Post by zhshs7 »

I liked this aar, nice and short. If only u could post some screenshots such as the industries in europe and/or battles would be amazing :-)

p.s. how many were your kills/loses?
sneer
Warrant Officer

Post by sneer »

sorry i did not check the forum
i will see if still have savegame
basicly whole europe UK spain till eastern europe was expanded with industry / no free space
my military was about 8 mil in active duty before game crashed
i.e i had 300+ frigate and better combat ships before invasion on australia
losses - were below 1 mil total killed about 2.5 mil /from memory/

much more interesting scenario I played / no AAR / was islamic states where within 12 months you play against all powers / russia + china + india + pakistan / and you have neither border secured
to be honest - it is still too easy game and total victory available within 5-6 game years
:D
waiting for 2020 now

Return to “After Action Reports”