World War 3 scenario- single player-tkobo-US

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

My goal in game, as usaul for me, is to have as little amount of loss of life of my people as possible.
This means to me, that using an ally to push thru an enemy strong point can be a good thing. :P
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The year is 2024, the day December 12.

"We are here tonight, to once again make an effort to catch you up on the current situations in the Great War, and inform you of major developements"

"Over the last few months, american naval, air and land forces had attacked around the clock egyption forces.On may 15th, a ddx-21 was sunk by egyption subs as it advanced into their waters as part of this attack."

"The relentless attacks on the Egyption forces and the constant advance by the U.S. ground forces resulted in the colaspe of the Egyption Government on oct 24 th"

"This freed up the air units in Africa, and allowed them to fully concentrate on the African Republic and South Africa.Which they have done almost around the clock also.Taking advantage of heavy bomber support american ground forces advanced meeting little resistance into the African Republic and have started to cut off and secure the border with South Africa"

"Sadly,during the heavy bombing campiagn, an Airbase was overlooked in South Africa.This gave the South African Air units a place to rally, which they used quite effectively to launch a large air intercept against our bombers.This suprise attack resulted in one B-52H unit being destroyed, and 4 more forced to seek out an airbase for reppairs.The South African Airbase was, than discovered and wiped off the map"

"American Heavy bombers now roam the skys over africa unhindered and strike at will against ground forces that show themselves, and U.S. ground forces continue to follow them,taking possesion of the land they fly over"

"On the Islamic States front,U.S. ground forces have continued to capture the land in the north along the Russian border"

"And on the Joint Pakistan Indian front,allow very little attacks have been mounted by US forces, as this mock-up shows the construction of the air facilities for thr next major offensive on that regional area continue"

"Polish forces have finally broken the stalemate in the north will Russia.American heavy bombers provided the help the Polish needed by launhing a large missile strike on Russian artillary in the area.As you can see from the current situational mock-up belowe,this cleanly opened the door for Polish forces"

"Losses in the Great War continue to climb, as the below estimates show"

"On the domestic front, growth continues on all fronts including tech research,of which we have now passed the tech level of 124 on the Goat Scale"
Chuckle TM
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

tkobo,

I don't know how you manage to keep up at this.

Your kill ratio is over 5000 to 1. Doesn't seem like much of a challenge.

I think you should start over as, say, the African Union. :lol:

Regards,
Feltan
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Changing the starter region wont change much.Ive already done this as numerous regions ,like South Africa on the world map, and Qatar thru the campaign.

All it would really do, is slow the progress down some in the begining.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The year is 2025, the day june 2nd

"Good afternoon"

We will spend a small amount of time informing you of recent events in the Great War"

"The continent of Africa has now been fully pacified.The region formilty known as the African Republic fell on feb 1rst, after having lost more than 8 of its capitals."

"The region known as South Africa fell on may 17th, again after losing many of its capitals to advancing U.S. grond forces."

"In the middle-east,U.S. forecs continue to grow in presence and could soon be launching the largest missiles strike and air assualt in the history of mankind.Circa 80-100 airstrips are now operational and are almost fully stocked with aircraft .In addition,the U.S. has acculuated a stock of circa 120k cruise missiles"

"On the polish front with Russia, polish forces are now making large gains, and a new 5 base lend lease program will soon ensure they make even larger ones"

"Loss of life continues to climb in the Great War, as the estimates below show"

"It is however quite clear that the Great War is winding down.Very few hostile regions still operate, and even fewer can manage to organize an offensive.Soon they wont be able to organize a defense either"

We thank you for your time this afternoon, and hope the rest of your day is also filed with such good news as weve passed on to you today"
Chuckle TM
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

Enjoying the AAR, thanks tkobo, but i do have one question, do you intend to say that you've won, once all hostile regions are under your control, or do you intend to take over your allies as well?
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Hahahaha,Ive been waiting for someone to ask that.

To be honest,im not sure i should answer it.That would kind of give away the ending ,so to speak.

Sorry :oops: :P
Chuckle TM
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

To tell the truth, that is the answer i was expecting anyway, so, i dont mind, it was just a faint hope :wink:
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The year is 2025, the day Oct20th

"Good evening, after months of preparation, the first of our massive air offensives began against the combined regions of India, Pakistan and the Islamic States, on Oct 12th"

"Circa 84 bases,roughly 700 air units (11k heavy bombers) and somewhere around 35k missiles attacked positions in the three above mentioned regions."

"Losses for Pakistani forces are estimated at 1000 units and 150k men,while losses for Indian forces are estimated at 350 units and 100k men.Losses for the Islamic States were much lower, as they were not heavily concentrated on in this first strike, but are still estimated at circa 40 units and 15k men"
""This operation also destroyed over 50 facilities including military goods plants, air facilities,land and sea bases, etc...spread among the 3 regions( mostly in India though,as Pakisatn had already been hit heavily in regards to facilities in past strikes and had much fewer surviving facilities to target)"

"This first blitz ended on Oct 18 and the next two days have been spent reorganizing the aircraft "

"This air operation will continue against the above regions til they are as unable to continue to mount hostile military oeprations as we can reasonably make them"

(((I really wanted a movie on this one, as its a really huge strike.BUT its overwhelming my system making the movie run VERY slow and not show a lot despite it size and amoutn of time passage.Im still working on it some though, so maybe ill figure something out)))
Chuckle TM
Noble713
Captain

Post by Noble713 »

I was going to ask how you aren't overrun by partisans/guerillas but it looks like you're destroying every facility and garrisoning every city with a unit (National Guard?). Is that correct?

Awesome AAR BTW.
Black Metal IST KRIEG!
http://tinyurl.com/ctyrj7
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Yes, pretty much.

I scrap every facility in occupied lands, and build any required ones in my home territory.
And i do garrison areas i expect to have partisan issues in.I only see a couple of partisan/guerilla units spawn at most, and they are almost always wiped out by the next turn.

Also i usaully dont take very much of the enemy land, til its cleared of units, and my own are ready to roll right thru it.

The exception is Russia, which im letting Poland fight.So the few partisans i do see, pop up mostly in land im holding in russia territory to assist Polish forces.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The year is 2026, the day November 1

"Good evening,this briefing is too catch you the public up on the recent events of the Great War"

"We start out with some sad news, on Dec 25 of last year,a DDX-21 was participating in a naval advance along the Pakistani coast when it was ambushed and sunk by a large number of enemy subs.This brings the number of lost U.S. units up to 5 "

"Not long after, U.S. ground forces advanced across Pakistan playing "whack a mole" with the Pakistani Government.This lasted til April 27 of this year,when the Pakistani Government folded,ceasing to exist"

"This created a greater need for resources and goods than anticipated and so for the next few months, even though both the Islamic States and India were also ready to fall,vast amounts of money and resources went into a massive build program to make sure our citizens were not penalized by any shortages when we took possession of the above regions"

"During this building program over 200 facilities and over 1 trillion dollars was spent.Our treasury was lowered to a mere 400 billion reserve"

"In sept of this year, it was decided that the program had provided enough extra resource and goods production to handle the increased needs we would face upon capturing India and the Islamic States.And so the U.S ground forces were let loose and advanced across both regions all but unoppposed,as air units had long since cleared the way for them,and succeeded in capturing India on sept 29th and the Islamic States on Oct 11th of this year"

"Currenlty U.S. forces are not involved in any direct fighting in any part of the world.This time will be spent resting and repositioning for the final stages of this war"

"On the Russian front,Polish forces are making great strides and the Lend Lease program continues to help them along the way.Polish forces are currently engaged in battle with 2 of the last major strong points of the Russian defenses.Once these points are defeated,it will become mostly a matter of travel time, for the Polish forces to successfully capture all of the remaining russian lands and cause and fall of the Russian Government"

"On the home front we have now passed the tech level of 128 on the Goat Scale and have begun pursuing individual techs and designs that are of some interest to us"
"Our treasury reserve has recovered nicely and continues to do so with its current status at 800 billion and growing"

"We close this briefing with the reasurance that this war is drawing to an end.A time of immense prosperity is fast approaching, and we will be at the forefront of it,making your lives better"

"Good night"
Chuckle TM
felinis
Lt. Colonel

AARs

Post by felinis »

Dude, you got 4400 hits on your AAR thread - much more than mine.

I'm jealous.

Looks great - keep up the good work.

Your information charts are sharper than they appear on my game screen.

BTW - I find your maps a bit difficult to read. You might want to try turning off the Hex display and switch from multiple bars to single chevrons - just when you do the screen shot.
"We have met the enemy and he is us."
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

One chevron wouldnt show the amount of troops in a stack would it ?

I know you dont like questions in your AAR so ill ask you here.I really like the way you explained your anti-sub approach.Do you tend to lose units using it when you encounter large stacks of subs ?

Ive always had an issue with subs sadly in the game, they tend to get the few kills on me i suffer.
Ive yet to find a way to scout them out without loosing units, or men.
Chuckle TM
felinis
Lt. Colonel

Post by felinis »

You are correct - if you display just chevrons, then for a single unit you get a single bar and for a stack you get a one chevron and a single bar.

IMHO:
But people can at least see the hex and can see the actual multiple units over-laying each other. I think that is much more coherent than a bewildering array of yellow bars.

Re sub hunting -

I let the "bait" sub get hit once, then I pull it to safety, kill the new-found enemy sub, then and send in another bait sub.

If you get a copy of my CAT Mod, then you can use sonar buoys and Sea Lance anti-sub missiles - very effective.

Also, if you turn off the "fog of war" (Shift-F) , the subs show up immediately - not as exciting, but it works fine, once you have completed your satillite survaillance program.

BTW

My AAR magnum opus is now complete, so post away on it.
Last edited by felinis on May 22 2007, edited 1 time in total.
"We have met the enemy and he is us."

Return to “After Action Reports”