World War 3 scenario- single player-tkobo-US

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

Well it is a very nice AAR, thank you for taking the time to do it.

The counter density on some of the maps is really amazing -- far more than I see in my games. I hope it is something they can correct in 2020; not many people have the fortitude you do to move many multiplte stacks of units around and keep them in order.

Regards,
Feltan
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Hahhaaha, ive got to say, this is actually a rather low density map for me.

I normally dont go to war this fast.Usually i run a peaceful tech interested region for quite a few years,and during that time the AI just keeps stocking up on troops.

And yes, i agree, the AI goes too far in number of troops over time.But than it does need those numbers to be even a slight danger.IF it used them all in a more organized fashion, i suspect we'd see alot more AARs that were about the player losing.Which would be very cool.

Glad to hear your enjoying the AAR.I am having fun making it.

To me, this is what a review of a game like this should look like.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The year is 2023, the day April 6th

"Good afternoon"
"The push into Spain gained momentum this month .DDX-21s helped to clear the path for the heavy bombers with missile strikes, while the heavy bombers continued to clear the path for the IFVs, which raced in to occupy the territory"

"Spains Capital of Madrid was surrounded on april 1rst and finally captured on April 3rd as ground forces advanced with no resistance.The spanish government moved its operations to Lisboa which was than surrounded on april 5,captured the same day, and which resulted in the dispanding of said government"

"Spain is now considered U.S. Territory"

"In addition the push into Turkey has continued.Due to the presence of nearby allied air facilities, which are also used by enemy air units,heavy bomber use has been limited .This has made the advance slower than normal, and caused it to involve more ground combat"

"The issue will be solved by moving 3 stacks of F-22Ds into the occupied turkish territory and having them provide support for the ground troops.They will also launch missile strikes on any close by enemy air facilties or bases AND engage any enemy air units that run for our allies air facilities"

"As the above mockup shows though, progress is still being made"

"Also of interest, circa 20 new air facilites are being constructed in Southern Spain to facilitate strikes into Africa."

"And the Lend Lease Program is back in swing in occupied russian lands turning out equipment that is than transferred to Polish control.The stalement in the north for Polish forces is not yet broken, but with the new equipment being funneled in, it should be soon"

"The above charts give an estimate of losses incurred by all regions, and can be compared against older charts provided to figure our estimated recent losses"
Last edited by tkobo on Mar 08 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The year is 2023, the day May 18

"Good afternoon"

"We take this time this afternoon to keep the nation informed on recent progress in the Great War"

"On april 20, F-22Ds moved into the new facilities in occupied Turkey and their missiles strikes began shortly after.Enemy air facilities were of course their primary target,in order to make the use of our heavy bombers safer in the area.Targeted air facilities in Iran,Suadi Arabia,and Russia were destroyed by these strikes"

"On april 23rd, air combat roiled in the skys over Israel as Russian air units that had been operating out of a small pockect near the british area of occupied russia, were forced by the F-22Ds destruction of their air facility to seek out a safe landing area"
"The closest one was in Israel, which also had proved the closest for Libyan and Turkish air units who had found themselves in the same situation.This of course resulted in a large air battle between the afore mentioned units.Russian air units were the heavy losers in this as they were very outnumbered and arrived in dribs and drabs"

"In addition circa 8000 U.S. cruise missiles have dotted the Israeli skys on their way to their targets, causing the foriegn air units to try and intercept them,adding to the combat in the skys"

"On may second, the F-22Ds took a brief break from their missiles sorties to make a run at the airstrip located right outside Halab Israel,destroying the 8 Libyan air units that had taken refuge there"

"The F-22Ds than set up outside of Israeli airspace, but in range of the enemy air units filling the skys around the 3 air facilities in the heart of Israel.Their sniping from that location proved very succesful over the next days as the advantages of range and stealth allowed the F-22Ds to operate with immunity,slowing chewing away at the vast amount of enemy air units."

"As space was limited ,and range was longer than wanted,the F-22Ds soon had to enter Israeli air space to continue their job.It was thought this might cause the enemy air units to come out enmasse,but as of yet,they have not"

"U.S. ground forces consisting of IFVs pushed deep into Turkey.They now stand with their right flank semi-protected by Israeli territory"

"On may 4rth, the air facilties in Southern Spain were completed and orders given for B-52H heavy bombers to fill them."

"On may 12, the first full scale bombing runs began on Libya.When a couple of MIG-23s managed to show up, 2 sections of heavy bombers were alocated to destroy the nearest enemy air facilities.This seemed to have entended the range enough, as the MIG 23s were not seen again."

"As the mockups show, the DDX-21s were on hand also.They were there to destroy with missiles any anti-air clusters that showed themselves during the bombing runs, but few did"

"This ends todays briefing"
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The year is 2023, the day July 7th

"Good Evening"

"The Great War spread further on may 19th, as India and Pakistan again came to blows ,ending their ceasefire"
((( I wasnt even aware these regions started the scenario with a ceasefire treaty in effect.Thats kinda of cool)))

"Our intelligence services informed us that the war between Pakistan and India was grinding to a halt due to fuel issues for both regions.Being that both regions had declared war on us, and that we would be facing them in the near future,we decided to help their fight along by supplying both regions with free oil "
"This livened their war right up again"

(((I thought this next pic had some humor to it.Look at the long line of Indian tanks rushing to the frontline)))

"On june 4rth, U.S. IFV landed in Tangier, Libya.As the mock up shows they landed under cover of both naval units and heavy bombers , and encountered no resistance"

"With the biggest problem faced by U.S. ground forces being fuel,the IFVs pushed forward at a fast pace"

"The advance into turkey contunues, though without heavy bomber support ground combat has been heavier than wanted"

"Losses continue to climb fast for Libya,Pakistan,India ,Poland,and Russia".

"As the chart shows, losses incurred due to heavy bombing for Libya is well over 1,000 units so far"

"On the domestic front , large scale building projects are underway to provide food, water,timber, etc... to all the new legal residents in the U.S. territories.No shortages exist yet,and we plan on keeping it that way"

"In addition, our tech continues to rise as are now fastly approaching level 122 on the Goat Scale"

"This briefing was brought to you by Special Secrets Shoe Corporation, and of course Red Haired Green Eyed Serving Wenches "
Chuckle TM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Good AAR. Have to say that since I'm just returning but I do have one complaint. Partial Encirclement of Mexico City to allow units to escape was, well, being too nice. Course you still wiped them out or they surrendered at the fall of Mexico, so I guess you could always execute the men of those units. Still good AAR.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The year is 2023, the day Dec 16

"Good afternoon"

"On all fronts our forces are continuing to advance.Heavy bombers continue to make short work of most resistance and IFVs rip thru the survivors taking ground almost at will."

"As a result Turkey fell to U.S. forces on august 12 th. With One defecting unit was lost as the ship came under instant missile fire from a nearby Russian ship"

(((GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)))

"Currenlty U.S. forces are situated roughly here in the middle east"

"And here in Africa"

"We expect Iran to fold any day now,Libya as well.The largest concern faced by our forces now in those theatres is the sealing of the borders so as to make the governmental change less damaging to those regions"

"On the Polish-Russian front,despite large amounts of unit and resource aid,Polish forces still stand deadlocked in the north"

"U.S. heavy bomber and missile production continues to grow , and air facilities are being built as required"

"Research spending is over 10 bil a day and tech level is fastly approaching Goat Scale Level 123"

"World wide loss of life continues to grow"

(((Dont worry Berg, as the story progresses you'll see tkobo get more and more vicious.Look at the fall of greece for example.Expect to see so many bombers and missiles in the air, you wont be able to see the map under them,in the not so distant future :P )))

(((Had a lost savegame issue,somehow lost save from dec 14 2023.Had to replay that time period)))
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The year is 2024, the day jan 14

"Good afternoon"
"Early this morning the region of Iran's government fell "

"U.S. forces had long ago surrounded the Iranian capital and were only waiting for units to arrive at and secure the borders,before taking it.
Early this morning,the units had arrived at and secured their assignments, and so IFVs entered Irans capital taking control of it and cuasing Iran's govenrment to disband and flee"

"our forces continue to take ground on all other fronts, and construction of needed facilities is ongoing"

"Enjoy the rest of your afternoon secure in the knowledge that yet another belligerant government has fallen, and others will soon join it"
Last edited by tkobo on Mar 26 2007, edited 3 times in total.
Chuckle TM
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

tkobo,

Just wondering: what heavy bombers are you using, and are you using them with missles or not? How many? I usually use F/B's with JSOW's as the U.S.; however, you have me intrigued by the apparent effectiveness of heavy bombers.

Regards,
Feltan
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

B-52Hs (or basically the biggest bombers i can get) without missiles mostly, for ground units.Sometimes if i dont have any other AoE missile support (ships ,ground launch units,etc..) for them in the area, i also put the ground attack missiles on them to help them cull out the anti-air before they bomb.
Otherwise the AoE support units remove most of the anti-air from an area before i send the heavy bombers in.

I use the same aircraft with the ALCMs for removing enemy facilities.

I find it extremely effective.

Number varies,but alot.

I think the smallest bomber group i have workign an area in this game is a full 10 air facilites worth (like 10 stacks of 8,i put eight instead of seven in a stack when im short on facility space)
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The year is 2024, the day March 6th.

"Good afternoon,we are taking this time in your afternoon to get you up to speed on the current statis of the war effort"

"Our forces in Saudi Arabia have taken the capital city ,forcing the Saudi Government to relocate to Dubayy,which units are already closing in on.
Heavy bombers continue to clear the way,removing any resistance that shows itself"
"We expect to take Dubayy and day now and the Saudi Government to fold"

"On the Libyan front, our forces have the capital surrounded and have almost secured the borders.We expect to take the capital and have the Libyan Goverment fall at anytime"

"On the joint Pakistan and Islamic States front,U.S. ground forces continue to gain ground while air units destroy enemy units.A new bank of air strips is reaching completion on this front and even more heavy bombers will soon arrive to fill them"

"Heavy bombers continue to roll of the assembly lines"
"And production continues to increase"

"Loss of life around the world continues,as the charts show"

"We end this update,by asking you to support your troops.Remember always, the troops come first.As our way of showing you that we support the troops, we have decided to cut funding to the congress, and spend that money instead on the military"
"We know they will support this change of funding, becuase they have always said that they themselves support the troops.And so, for what may be the first time in U.S. history, the congress might actually earn their pay"
"Of course that pay will be zero, but we feel even they can do the job well enough to earn nothing.Some might point out, theyve been doing this for sometime now"
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The year is 2024, the day March 7th.

"Good evening"
"Today the Libyan Government colapsed without U.S. forces even having to take their capital"
"Intelligence sources say the effective removal of the U.S. Congress from interferring in the war, caused the Libyan Government to give up all hope"

"We will of course never be sure,but it seems likely that they simply thought that as well as the U.S. forces were doing with the Congress mucking things up, that they (the Libyan region)knew they stood no chance at all with congressional "oversight" removed"

"And so today, we will be removing funding for Ex-presidents as well.This money will also be directed to the war effort"

"Good night, and rest better knowing that your government is constantly removing impediments to your nations success"
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The year is 2024, the day March 8th

"Good afternoon"
"Today special force units were airdropped in Dubayy taking the capital with no resistance"

"This resulted in the collapse of the Saudi Goverment"
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The year is 2024, the day April 21rst

"Good Evening"

"We are here agian before you tonight to once again fill you in on recent events in the Great War"

"With the fall of the region formily known as Libya, we have gained new ground on which new air facilites have and are being built.From these new facilites round the clock heavy bombing of The African Republics forces and facilities has begun again in earnest"

"On the Egyption front, out naval forces stand ready to engage and destroy and units that could pose a threat to our air units when they start their campaign there.With ground forces already in place to take the ground the air units clear"

"On the front with the Islamic States, the U.S. ground forces are advacning almost unposed in the north"

"With the fall of Iran, we again gained the land we are using to build air facilities from which heavy bombers even now arrive at, with the intent to destroy the Pakistani and Indian military facilities and forces"

On the Polish Russian front, the Polish and British forces are still deadlocked and unable to push into northern russia.The British forces are once again not joining in the battles, despite the land lease program giving them units right off the front line"
(((I dont know what the issue is here.They also failed to advance troops given to them right off the front line in the china campaign.i was really hoping the british units would allow the polish units to finally break the deadlock in that area.But for some reason, no go.)))
Chuckle TM
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

On the Polish Russian front, the Polish and British forces are still deadlocked and unable to push into northern russia.The British forces are once again not joining in the battles, despite the land lease program giving them units right off the front line"
(((I dont know what the issue is here.They also failed to advance troops given to them right off the front line in the china campaign.i was really hoping the british units would allow the polish units to finally break the deadlock in that area.But for some reason, no go.)))
Allies who needs em? If you need something done do it yourself. It may take longer but its worth it.
Go Home and Die

Return to “After Action Reports”