WWIII Scenerio (SP)

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Enjoying very much.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
felinis
Lt. Colonel

WWIII - Saudi Arabia

Post by felinis »

Game Date: 07/22/21
Real Game Duration: 37 Days

After I took the Israeli capital at Halab, I also took the Saudi base/town of Sakakah To the East, just to shore up the border. I now have my fleet parked in Alexandrette harbor, to keep the Turks at bay to the North.

To my South-East is Saudi Arabia, spread out like a huge oil-rich skinny donut - hollow and desolate in the center, lightly populated around the edges. In the center hole is their capital of Riyadh and a lot of oil wells.

Saudi Arabia has just 27 oil facilities, half of which are under 50% quality. Their best well is 79%, their worst is 4%. Damn boy, I got more oil in my driveway! Granted that the stretch along the Persian Gulf is rich, but even that does not have any better than 75% oil sites, and only a fraction of the sites are developed. Very disappointing. I cannot believe that the rest of the world gets its oil from here.

And Iran is even worse.

I still have hundreds of units in reserve in South Africa, as well as many in Egypt. I believe that I will move my Israeli invasion force South-East to take the North-Eastern border of Saudi Arabia along the Euphrates.

I will deploy my units in South Africa and move them to the Suez canal and to the Horn of Africa, where I have constructed naval facilities. There I will load them onto South African transports and invade the South-West coast of Saudi.

Guess what - Saudi has NO air base - none. I looked around to see if it had just been captured by some neighboring enemy - nada. That pretty much makes their aircraft one-shot - one hit and they probably will not leave the hanger again.

On May 26th my land units are prepared for invasion, however facilities along the border have not been completed and all sea transports are not on station. Saudi starts out at 53% MC.

By June 5th I have my units deployed and sorted into airborne, amphib and land attack units. I have also loaded transports with Saudi invasion units at the Southern-most African port for amphibious transport to the Horn of Africa.

I re-formed my airborne units, which after the Israel invasion were integerated with the other invasion units, into two large airborne units, with an eye towards dropping one of them on the Saudi capital at Riyadh.
But the larger airborne group got diverted into the Battle for Baghdad.

As I was looking for possible beach-heads for my amphib landings I noticed something the I should have seen earlier - THERE ARE NO ROADS. There is one large ring road that covers the North-Eastern third of the country, but the rest of this desolate desert country doesn't have ANY roads.

June 15th, before the Battle of Baghdad, I started the invasion, attacking the Iraqi city of Karbala from the North. The force was composed mainly of Engineers, Stryker AT, mobile artillery and supply units. I also attacked from the West, starting to work my way down Saudi's West coast. Four additional invasion groups were ready - three amphib and one airborne. The three amphibious groups were still waiting for transports and for supply trucks.

I reorganized my carriers at Alexandria and supplied them with fresh aircraft, fully armed with ACLM missiles. Then I moved five carriers and two LHP's and their aircraft into the Red Sea and the Gulf of Suez. I stationed them off the Southern tip of Saudi to counter the heavy Saudi air at the point of Yemen near Sanaa.

I was pleased to note that two of my damaged carriers had emerged from the shipyard at Alexandria, and that six brand-new CVN-76 carriers had arrived at my Canary Island complex from Norfolk. I hope I have enough carrier aircraft to arm them with. Six new CG-62s too.

July 22th - The invasion was put on hold for a month by that nasty business at Baghdad. But now I can continue to deploy my amphibious groups to finish invading Saudi.

I have over 100 heavy transport trucks waiting at the pier at Tobruq to be loaded onto AOEs. Then I will dispatch three or four ship-fulls of supply trucks each to the three amphib staging piers. The amphibious transports and very large transports are already there waiting to be loaded.

By Aug 13th all amphibious attach units had been safely tucked away inside their transports, and these combat loaded transports were information, waiting a task force of warships to accompany them to their beach-heads.

On August 19th all three amphibious forces were waiting off their target Saudi piers. Each landing force had a task force of warships to take the pier and a pack of submarines to sweep the waters clear of enemy subs and patrol boats.

I began to marshal my resources in Israel for the main attack on Riyadh.
A small salient force had already penetrated the center of North-Western
Saudi Arabia and was just four hexes from the heavily defended capital.
I began to reinforce this holding force with more and heavier units from the Northern and the Southern coastal invasion forces. I could neglect these coasts since the amphibious attacks were about to flood the Saudi coasts with hundreds of units landed at their own sea piers.

I ringed the target with my own AA since there were still two working air strips in the capital. I also brought up about ten missile-launchers, which I am sure got off some shots on their own. I never took control of them manually, just armed their missiles.

I deployed the National Guard that I has squrilled away in reserve at a base near Cairo, and sent them North of Reyhad.

On August 22nd I launched two of the three amphibious attacks - one at the Southern entrance to the Suez and another midway up the Suez on the SA South-West coast. I launched my attack on Riyadh a the same time - shock and awe.

On Aug 25th, the Northern force had landed nearly unopposed and now was making its way South-East for San'a.

I encountered one SCUD missile launcher without any missiles - perhaps the Saudi that owned it was over-drawn on his American Express card.

The second more Southernly force encountered heavy resistance, but due to the sheer size of the landing was soon in charge of the entire Southern tip of SA.

Back in Riyadh, the attack was on -I called up every air wing in the area to soften up the Saudi positions prior to sending in the armor, mobile infantry and attack helos.

Starting out with just attack helicopters would have been foolish, since (as usual) the enemy positions were just covered with hand-held AA battalions. I needed to have the "Mid Air" aircraft take out the AA first.
There is also no use in wasting missiles of such a strongly AA protected position, until the mid-air and ground units can take out the Stinger and Mistral units.

I must say that the aircraft were not very effective, I watched as five F-111 Bombers made repeated passes over a lone AA position and the enemy unit's health bar did not change a bit. I checked the planes's Rules of Engagement just to be sure that it could attack Units and Aircraft - they were configured correctly.

All of the bombers were armed with ALCM missiles, most of which I am sure just got eaten up by little Saudi guys with launchers on their shoulders. The B-2 bomber attack was impressive though - twelve planes with about 50 ACLM missiles each - wow. But again I have no BDA to measure how many ACLMs were wasted by Saudi Stinger battalions.

After the bombers had done what they could, I sent in the A-10s to take over their first air strip that I had just liberated. This air strip's hex ajoined the target hex of Riyadh, so the A-10 continually circled the air strip and took out a piece of Riyadh on each pass.

By now several enemy front-line sites, including Riyadh itself, were clear of AA, so I sent attack helos to assault them.

Then I started attacking with land units, protected with MIM-204 and MIM- 104 AA cover. The National Guard were among the first to try to take out enemy Stingers and Mistral AA on the enemy line. They were not very effective and I had to send large numbers of them to the hospital.

I kept trying to target enemy AA so that I could safely bring in my horde of attack helos. The tactic was not very effective - while I targeted the AA on a hex, the other combat units on the hex would pound the heck out of my single-minded attackers. Finally my land units concentrated on Reyhad itself and broke thru.

On August 27th Riyadh fell and soon the Saudis surrendered. I won 7 billion dollars from the Saudi treasury. Saudi MC was down to 28%.

The really cool thing is that I did not have to slaughter all of the Saudi units, or take heavy casualties myself. Instead hundreds of them have turned coat and are prepared to take back those portions of SA that changed over to Iran at the moment of the surrender.

NOTE: On mid-eastern oil - after I captured SA, I spent about four hundred BILLION dollars on re-vamping my oil fields around the world. Anywhere in my empire that I could find a 65% oil well, I surrounded it with other wells down to 50% in size. Any oil field that contained over five facilities got inprovements such as sea piers or railroads. Large oceanic oil fields, like Alaska's North Slope, got a dedicated sea port, in order to spike the supplies to the oil facilities.

I then started to break away Engineers from the combat zone to expedite the new construction in Saudi and Egypt.

So far (01/29/22) the effort has not paid off - many of the new 50% wells have been deactivated due to an oil glut. My oil facility portfolio contains about 1/2 oil facilities that are deactivated or building. The only thing that is certain is that any oil facility under 50% potential is going to be scrapped. Industry efficiency is at 80%. I am hoping that now that I have captured most of the world's oil that other nations will start buying oil from me, even though they are at war with me.

03/28/22 - All oil field construction is completed and I have decided upon a management strategy - I will maintain four or five "super-fields" of oil and deactivate the rest. Eventually, once the concept is proven successful, the many of the deactivated fields will be scrapped.

A "super-field" is a cluster of high-quality fields or derricks with expensive improvements like rail roads, supply depots, sea piers and sea ports, that boost the supply environment of the super-field above 32%.

Each SF is build around a nucleus consisting of one or more very-high quality wells of 65-100% quality. The nucleus is surrounded by all wells that are 50% quality or above. My oil production effeciency is now 83% and I expect it to improve once all of the improvements are completed. I have been successfully running two such operations on the Alaskan North Slope for quite a while. I have constructed new ones in and around the Persian Gulf, the Gulf of Mexico and in Northern Egypt.

Last edited by felinis on May 20 2007, edited 6 times in total.
"We have met the enemy and he is us."
felinis
Lt. Colonel

WWIII - "The Russians are coming!"

Post by felinis »

Game Date: 08/27/21
Real Game Duration: 39 Days

It turns out that I had thrashed the Turks so badly that while I was busy taking Raydah, the RUSSIANS hopped the weak (abandoned) Turkish border and invaded my territory at Bat'umi, which is at the eastern tip of the Caspian Sea. By the time that I caught on, they had penetrated all the way past Turkish held territory to MY territory at Sanliurfa by the Northern Euphrates River.

This is the first time that I have seen anything like a real enemy offensive in SR2010.

I also noticed that the Turks had abandoned an entire city/military complex at Adana - air strip, base, two cities and four industrial facilities. This is the far East tip of the Med in the Bay of Alexandrette, where I had parked a fleet to keep the Turks off my Northern flank. Those long-range naval guns of mine destroyed or wounded every single unit in the place and all of the tank columns that came to its rescue.

I have been resisting the temptation to grap just any empty city on the Euphrates for fear of over-extending myself. But I had just called out the reserves and I had Garrison troops standing idle all over Israel and SA, so I air-lifted about six for each air strip, base and building in the complex, without knowing how I was going to supply backup for them.

But back to the Russian incursion - I put my A-10 and C-130 Spector gunships on them and reenforced all of my bases and city/garrisons against them. I couldn't spend much time supervising because I needed to see to my new Saudi border troops to the South.

But the Russians are very persistant. I was able to drive them out of my territiory and back to their side of the border, but they regrouped and reinforced and tried again. This time it was impossible to ignore - this was a major offensive and I was already fighting on two other major fronts.

I called out the reserves - about 100 tanks and Paladin mobile artillery pieces. Tanks from many nations: Abrams, Patton, Centurion, Chieftain, Merkava, Leclerc, Olifant, Stingray, AMX, Soviet T-series - you name it.

The only way to stop the Russian incursion was to seal up the border between the Caspian Sea and the Black Sea. Fortunately there is the Kura River that I used as a Northern barrier. That just left a large gap by the Black Sea that I had to construct fortifications to protect.

I soon learned about the Russian air force - they have two incredable high-performance aircraft - the Foxbat and the MIG 1.44 MFI that looks like the Concord. Foxbat is rated as a "High Air" targets and flies at MOC 2 or better. I don't have any AA in place that can hit it effectively. Patriot and Meads only do about 3 damage points at that altitude.

Anyway, I soon had a strong frontier of fortifications laid out and it seemed that the problem was solved - again. I had to periodically turn my attention to mopping up Saudi Arabia and withdrawing my troops from there, and organizing the attack on Iran.

If only sealing a border was easy - there are several towns and factories by the Kura and my defense barrier leaked- these points will allow traffic across the river - without a bridge (at least for amphib units). I destroyed all of the transport across the river. I had set up my clever fortifications and had began building bases and air strips. I turned away to attend to other battle fronts.

When I returned the Russians had started streaming out of the holes in my defense. So I had two small incursion leaks to fill at Naxcivian. These leaks I fixed by entrenching a lot of AT and armor at the hex by the leaks, after destroying the errant enemy units on my territory. It had become like killing ants.

September 15th - another major ant invasion from the Caspian Sea at Ali Bayrami. This invasion was more difficult. I first noticed that some ants had slipped thru from somewhere and were attacking my newly captured Iranian city of Ardibel. Ardible was reinforced, so I called in units from farther West down the Russian line to help destroy about eight insectoid invaders.

September 17th - I discovered that the source of the leak was a bridge over the Kura River at Vevlax, behind Russian lines. So, I had to cut off the source and mop up the ants that had bled thru. I called in a B-2 bomber/missile strike and took out the bridge. The Russian high-performance fighter aircraft seemed to have little effect on the B-2s.

Then I had to go after the fifteen or so ants that were on my side of the river. This expanded the front all of the way East to the Caspian Sea, and I ended up taking the Russian air strip there.

September 21st - stabilizing the border took a long time and I still had to deal with rogue units of mine that would break ranks and charge the border.

Now there is this huge twenty-hex circle of encamped Russian units on the North side of the river that are in constant agitated, frustrated angry motion - circling, looking for an opening (a churning urn of burning funk?). There are two other similar sized groups that consist of nothing but AA - juicy, tempting targets.

I am constructing an arc of permanent, very expensive air defense facilities along the line. These are rated 40 damage points for High Air targets.

I also moded a special defensive base that I call a gun emplacement. Its icon looks like this:

It has long range, powerful guns. Its only weakness is that it must be kept manned by at least two combat units.

Eventually I got it done, but I dread the day that I have to cross that border and tangle with the Russians up close.

Last edited by felinis on May 20 2007, edited 17 times in total.
felinis
Lt. Colonel

WWIII- Iran

Post by felinis »

Game Date: 09/11/21
Real Game Duration: 41 Days

I am now fighting on a staggering number of fronts - Russia, Italy, Iran and Turkey.

I have been gradually weakening Turkey and have taken a great deal of her territory. But most of my units are tied up in the East, so I need to take care of Iran before turning to Turkey.

By September 11th I had just started to invade Iran from the North-West. I did not have many units to spare up there, so most came from the Russian front, which was not yet settled. By now I have kicked Iran around pretty good and they had an MC of 40%.

Iran received a number of portions of Saudi Arabia when it surrendered, so my first order of business was to clean out those pockets of Iranians on my Saudi territory. This proved difficult - they were dug in like ticks.
Once this was completed, I could retrieve my units from eastern and western Saudi Arabia and turn them on Iran.

But on September 11th, this was far from completed and I had my forces spread all over the Mid-East.

After the Saudi surrender there were armies of former Saudi troops right beside the areas that had been ceded to Iran. I thought that they would be perfect for cleaing out these turn-coat former Saudi troops.

I would turn from my command of the Russian front, select all of these now-recovered Saudi troops and ordered them into the ceded Iranian pockets. But when I returned, they had made almost no head-way. I had to personally take command and micro-manage each of the three actions.

One problem I learned is that forign units do not have supply trucks. During the Saudi Arabia invasion, I had sent my third amphibious group to the north-eastern coast of SA at As-Suwayq by the Strait of Hormuz. But before I got a chance to land them, SA surrendered and the enemy troops at the planned beach-head became mine.

I wanted these guys to go next door and evict the Iranians to the West on the point of Hormuz. It turned out that they kept getting beaten up and ran out of supplies, then returned home without finishing the job. I even landed some supply trucks from my off-shore armada for them to use.

I continue to have flare-ups at the Russian front and U.S. units leaving their entrenchment and charging the Russian formation.

September 17th - my army at As-Suwayq was reinforced as the fifty units from my second amphibious landing at 'Adan arrived. They had to force march across the entire South-East desert coast to reach As-Suwayq. They arrived on this day, along with more supply trucks.

I also discovered a FOURTH amphibious group that I had parked at the Southern end of the Suez and had missed when I sent the third group to As-Suwayq. They will be used to beef up the third amphibious group.

September 21st - I stopped the Red hordes from streaming across the Russian border and I could finally see to my real job of conquoring Iran.

I began to withdraw my first two amphibious invasion groups from the South-West coast of Saudi Arabia. I moved them North back to Israel for eventual use in the main Iranian invasion.

We finally took the point of Hormuz, but I had to general it myself.

September 29th - I began the invasion of Iran from the Northern tip of the Persian Gulf, using only those units from the invasion of Riyad and from the North-West coast of the Gulf. They moved thru the marshes at Abadan and headed North-East towards Tehran.

At the same time, I attended to some naval business in the Persian Gulf. In order to safely land my third amphibious force at Bushuhr in Iran, I had to sweep the Gulf to rid it of Iranian ships. I had brought a big pack of Israeli submarines along for just that task. I sent the subs ahead of my fleet of South African frigates and patrol boats that I used to screen my amphibious transports.

Once swept, I took control of the Persian Gulf and captured 1/2 of Irans's oil buy stationing a patrol boat at each oil derrick and planting an aircraft carrier right in the center of the pond. My units had already taken the two Western-most piers. My frigates took the North-Western one with a missile attack, and my units moved in there too - creating a foot-hold on the Northern coast of the Gulf.

My guys had finally taken the point of Hormuz. It turned out that the Iranians had an outpost on the point and would duck in there the minute one of my units damaged them. Then my units would give up and leave and they would pop back out.

My first two amphib invasion groups were still camped on the South-East coast of SA.

October 5th - a small group had approached Tehran from the North-West at Karaj, as my main group approached from the South-West. My first two SA invasion groups finally arrived at the Iran front. I sent one North to re-inforce the group threatening the capital from the North-West. The other I am holding pending a strategy review.

One thing is certain - I will need to make at least one air-borne attack. My deployed air-borne units are currently mixed up with the ground-pounders, so I launched a major recall of all air-borne units and marshalled them just South of the Iranian border. This slightly depleated the Turkish and Russian defensive lines, but such light units are not much good at holding back armored forces.

Iran still had a huge army defending Tehran. Tehran is so large that it is represented by three cities in three hexes. It looked like I would need to take all three cities to get Iran to surrender. It seemed that this could become a very bloody business indeed.

According to the State Department, Iran has destroyed 250 of my units and has lost 526. If this only includes the conflict with me - "the Great Satan", then the ratio is 2:1 in my favor. For Iran, this is considerably better than my cumulative average of 4:1.

I KNOW that I have suffecient units to take the capital - but at what cost?
How much of Iran will cede to Pakastan and to the Islamic States?
What if I lose or deplete most of those units and Iran still doesn't surrender?

I have a number of advantages that I should be able to leverage to avoid a major loss of units - theirs and mine:

1) I have Tehran surrounded on three sides.

2) Iran only has a few bases - one medium base at the capital, one on their Eastern border with the Islamic States and several scattered in the South.

3) They only have TWO air facilities - one air base at Tehran and an air strip on their Eastern border with the Islamic States.

4) Their oil and Southern bases are vulnerable.

To their advantage -

1) Their main base is closely defended - right next to the capital.

2) They have a triple capital.

3) They control the only roads.

4) Some of their oil is in the heavily defended North.

My Inteligence reveals that they have an ace in the hole - they have alliances with Pakastan and the Islamic States (IS).

If I take their eastern-most base at Mashad, the IS guys will come pouring over the border with tank columns. And if I take their air base at Tehran, all of their aircraft will flee to the IS - just like Iraq's aircraft fled to Iran during the Gulf War.

So, here is the new strategy -

1) Destroy their medium base at Tehran.

2) Take the road leading to the Eastern oil fields and the fields themselves.

3) Take and hold Mashad.

4) Encircle Tehran and steadly tighten the cordon to deplete Iranian strength.

5) Take Tehran with three simultaneous air-borne attacks on the three cities.

After destroying or damaging their main base, and destroying all other small bases in the South, any damaged Iranian units will need to go West to Mashad for repair - out of the Tehran area.

Control of the East-West road is the key to taking Mashad.

Mashad must be taken because it will become the alternate capital after Tehran falls. It must be taken in a planned and deliberate manner, since touching it will trigger an immediate and massive IS response that my offensive force must be able to withstand.

Encircling Tehran is the only way to keep damaged units from fleeing East. Weakening it is the only way to take it short of a massive, wasteful all-out attack. Unlike Jerusalem, where multiple small bases and air-fields prohibited any one crippling strike.

Air-dropping three air-borne units will insert enough units to accomplish the task and await relief from the encircling ground-pounders. Hopefully with Mashad out of the picture, the shock and awe of taking the triple-capital will trigger a surrender.

October 13th - I begin my campagne to take the main East-West road. This will be a two pronged attack on the Southern end of the oil fields. One group will take the road from the West and a second amphib group will land in Iran at Hormuz.

October 15th - Loaded ground units from As-Suwayq onto amphibious attack ships for an assault across the Hormuz straight.

Ground forces are steadly taking the road leading to the oid field. Entrenchments are being established in captured cities along the road and fortifications are being constructed by hordes of Engineers flooding in from the East. Enemy harassment from the North is constant.

October 20th - Ground forces in the South have made steady progress and have arrived at the outskirts of the Iranian base at Hormuz. I took the base at Hormuz using a three-point attack: ground units from the West, naval gun and missile fire from the South. After softening up the position I landed my amphib group from As-Suwayq.

November 1st - I am in position all along Southern Iran for a push North.
Eastern fortifications are complete and those in the West are under-construction. The Southern road capture objective has been achieved and I am prepared to take the oil field in the North-East.

This eastern army is insufficient to counter the IS tank formations that will be encountered at Mashad, so they need to be supplemented with an air-borne unit. I also have a huge force still afloat in non-amphibious transports at As-Suwayq. If I can build a sea pier for them to land at, or transfer them to amphib transports, then I can use them to help take Mashad.

In the West, it is past time to take the enemy Medium base at Tehran. I have been stock-piling ACLM missiles for this purpose. I will arm my 16 B-2 bombers with these missiles to degrade the base, then finish it off using Tactical Tomahawks from mobile launchers South of Tehran.

One very large air-borne assault group has been re-organized and is waiting orders South of the Euphrates. Three other groups are in reserve in Africa and need to be re-activated and moved to Iran.

A large formation of medium infantry has been assembled North-West of Tehran and is prepared to move once the medium base is neutralized.

Opposition consists of the huge Army, AA defenses and air units entranched in the greater Tehran vacinity and the heavy tank formation in central Northern Iran.

My missile attack on Tehran's medium base was a complete success.

I decided to land my non-amphibious landing force at the single available sea pier in Western Pakistan. I moved a naval task force to the un-defended sea pier near Turbat and the landing force followed. Pakistani tanks from Lahore quickly deployed West to defend. But they stopped dead just East of the pier - allowing my forces to land and escape un-scathed to the North-West. A dozen artillery pieces got stuck between water and the enemy line and it took me a week to get most of them un-stuck.

With this fresh infusion of units from the sea and the steady flow of units from the Tehran line and the Southern road facility building projects, I had a huge army with which to invade Mashad and hold it against IS columns crossing the border to the North-East.

On December 1st they moved North and captured the Iranian oil fields - second objective accomplished.

They now stood entrenched in the Iranian town of Birjad, ready to take Mashad. But I still needed two things: more units and the element of surprise: the quicker I took Mashad, the less time the IS would have to respond.

I deployed my second airborne division from reserve South of Cairo and scrambled the C-130 and C-5 transport planes for an air-drop on Mashad.
I divided them up between three seperate air-strips near their reserve base - the ground-pounders to the nearest air-strip and all mechanized to the further two.

I split the force at Birjad into two groups - on to approach Mashad on the road to the East and th rest to charge it head-on to the North. I rested both groups for a day or so South of Mashad, then called in the air-borne division to attack the town.

I also moved up my forces around Tehran to tighten their encircling grip on the capital. Units on the West moved two hexes East and units on the road the the South moved out of their fortifications and entrenched two hexes to the North.

I synchronized the three attacks in Mashad perfectly - by the time the two mechanized divisions from the South arrived at the outskirts, Marines were already landed in Mashad. The aircraft took no damage.

Then came the predicted counter-attack from the IS in the North. Two armored columns swept down from Ashgabat and Charjew to take back the city. But we were too many and too well entrenched. The attacks were beaten off and the attack began to taper off.

During such intense fighting, it is important to:

1) Keep your strongest combat units on the front line.
2) Keep supply units off the front line, but nearby.
3) If there is no air-threat - remove AA units to the rear, otherwise have the strongest distributed evenly along the front line.
4) Keep checking supply levels in deployed supply trucks.
5) Pull out wounded units before they can be destroyed.
6) Assure that a nearby base is available for unit repair.
7) Entrench everybody into strong stacks- do not let units charge the enemy alone.

December 28th I was still fighting a few die-hard IS units in Mashad when Iran un-expectedly surrendered. My attention had been solely on Mashad and I did not even supervise my units's advance on Tehran. But my guys did not even have to take Tehran - their morale just gave out at 19% MC.

I collected 56 Billion dollars from their treasury. I got nearly everything that I wanted - the Iranian airforce, the oil fields, all of Tehran's defenders.

What little was left was ceded to the Islamic States. Now I have to take it away from them.
Last edited by felinis on May 20 2007, edited 4 times in total.
felinis
Lt. Colonel

WWIII - Turkey

Post by felinis »

Game Date: 12/28/21
Game Real Duration: 48 Days

The Iranian surrender was not really the end of the Iranian action - I still had to take back those portions of Iran that were ceeded to the Islamic Republics. Fortunetily, that was fairly easy to do - given my vastly superior forces in the region, now supplemented with new Iranins recruits.

Stablizing the border actually launched the start of the invasion of the IS. But my next official target was Turkey - the Turkey was well done and ready to be eaten.

I have been sittting on Turkisth territory ever since the fall of Israel, when my units spilled over their border while taking Israel's final, northern capital.

At first their defence was fierce, but it quickly tapered off as I depleated their forces to the North between me and Russia. July 22nd was the start of the low intensity second "Battle of the Bulge". Turkey owned a huge bulge of territory that extended from the Med to Baghdad, and from the former Saudi Arabia North to Russia. The BOTB culminated in the Battle of Baghdad and started a Russian invasion.

Following the BOTB, Turkey's MC was just 26% and I was sure that they were ready to capitulate.

After the fall of Iran, I stripped all of my forces west of Tehran and sent them to the eastern Turkish border, in preparation for a strike at Ankera.

January 11th - I pushed my large invasion forces into Ankera - it was adequately defended, but soon fell to my superior force. But still no surrender. A smaller force infiltrated from the South, along the Med coast.

Before landing a small air-borne force on Cypress, I swept the surrounding waters with submarines and a naval surface task force. It was a good thing too, since in addition to the obvious patrol frigates there were three submarines.

On January 22th - My naval forces had denuded Cypress of its defenses with months of drive-by shootings. The air-borne assault was uneventful. I took Cypress on this day, hoping that it would push Turkey over the edge to surrender. his did not occur.

Arial reconnaissance revealed heavy defenses at the Turkish capital of Istanbul. Istanbul is well protected on two sides by water - it sits on the Bosphorus straight which is formed by two isthmuses. An attacker needs to fight thru a line of five heavily defended hexes to reach it from the East. Naval assault from the West is un-thinkable, since the Sea of Marmara is packed with Turkish warships.

The idea of capturing so many warships and a seaport with access to the Black Sea has many exciting military aspects. If one were to cross over the Dardanelles straights and attack Istanbul from the South-West, then the Sea of Marmara would be surrounded, and when Turkey surrrendered the whole sea full of ships would be mine.

On March 8th - the final invasion had been delayed by action on the eastern front.

I diverted part of my main force from Istanbul to the South-West, in order to encircle Istanbul, cross the Dardanelles straight and attack Istanbul from the West. This action would encircle the Sea of Marmara and hopefully cede all of Turkey to me at the time of the imminent Turkish surrender.

This only partially suceeded. They surrendered before I could complete the manuver.

March 12th - Turkey surrendered with no tribute since I did not capture their capital. Their MC was 19%.

I got over 1/2 of their ships in the Marmarian, but lost Istanbul and the vital seaport to Greece. Worse yet, the other warships in the Marmarian around Istanbul were ceded to Greece and began to destroy my new ships.

I had to evacuate my ships in the West to my new sea pier on the Western Mediterranean coast of former Turkey. The rest were destroyed.
I also got five ships on the Black Sea - four of them submarines.

Then the Greek offensive started. I had to fortify the Southern side of the Dardanelles straight against their crossing.

Worse yet, I had to take the Bosphorus straight in order to hold the vital shipyard there - the key to the Black Sea. In order to do that I had to fight farther West across the isthmus an take the Greek outpost where the defenders had been ducking into for a quick repair.

It is ironic - here again a victory marks the beginning of another horrific battle.

In hind-sight, the proper way to do this is to spare Cypress and its naval forces. Then neutralize the AA in North-West Turkey and perform an air-drop of mechanized units just South of the Greek border to cut off Istanbul from Greece. Then you could split your ground units to take the southern coast of the Marmarian Sea and attack Istanbul from the East along the isthmus as before.

If you took the lightly defended southern Med coast of Turkey as well, Cypress would be ceded to you. And you would get all of the Turkish navy in the Med and Black Sea to boot.
Last edited by felinis on May 20 2007, edited 9 times in total.
felinis
Lt. Colonel

WWIII - Islamic States

Post by felinis »

Game Date: 01/01/22
Game Real Duration: 50 Days

The Islamic States had a mutual defense pact with Iran, so even before I took Iran, I came into conflict with them. When Iran fell Northern Iran East of Tehran was ceded to the IS. The IS started out with about a 95% MC, probably due to their prior victories against Russian and China.

"Wait till they get a load of me."

The IS is huge - they have taken enormous chunks out of the Russian Steppe and have captured the Baikonur cosmodrome. They spread East to China, but most of their cities are in the South of their territory. The North is desolate with only a few towns and oil fields. Never-the-less, when I conqured Iran, I had to deal with hundreds of IS units on my new Northern border.

They immediately contested Mashad in eastern Iran. When Iran fell, I had to stablize my Northern border East of the Black Sea, so I ended up defeating the hundreds of IS units and capturing all of the South-West part of their territory up to the Amu River in Eastern Turmanistan.

The Amu River forms a good, defensible border, so I destroyed its bridges and fortified the town of Charjew with a stack of armor and artillery. They put up a very strong offense all along the border which did not subside until I finally finished the construction of fortifications and established air patrols.

The problem with the Amu River is that it begins to curve South-East out of my territory. Fortunitely, that is where Pakistan begins and defending against them is no problem.

I really wanted to take away all of the IS's oil, but much of it is inaccessible in the far North. However, right near my North-Eastern border there were two oil wells, one of which belonged to Pakistan and the other to the IS. I staged raides on both of them and destroyed them both.

There are five more IS oil fields North of my territory, in a very desolate region bordering Russia. One of them is in the extreme North by the Russian border. I devised a tactic to destroy them as well - I formed air-borne "Tiger Teams" of six airborne units - one Airborne Engineer, an M119 field gun, a M113 APC, one Light Infrantry batallion, one LOSAT and one F.A.R.P. I loaded these onto a very-large transport plane and dropped them on or near the remote IS cities and installations. They easily overcame any defenders and then set about either occupying the city or sabotaging the IS oil fields. None of these oil fields were worth keeping.

When their work is completed, they will be relieved by garrison units. I believe that taking the vast streches of Steppe territory is as demoralizing to the IS as taking their resources.

There was also a sea pier on the Caspian Sea. I thought taking that would ceed the shore-line to me, but it stayed IS Red. There must be some submarines in there. I must take a look with some P-3C Orions.

March 12th - There were no submarines. I didn't even have to check. Suddenly the whole eastern side of the Caspian Sea changed from IS red to US yellow. This gives me access to one of the few 100% capacity oil derricks in the map.

The vast desolate streches of steppe North and East of the Caspian Sea remain in IS hands, despite my having captured all bases and settlements there. I only own several puny islands of yellow in the sea of red. I have begun my own improvments, such as supply depots in order to pursuade the great AI in the sky to grant me dominion over these lands.

I also dispatched five recon vehicles into North-Eastern enemy territory. I would like to capture the the Baikonur cosmodrome and destroy the remainder of their oil wells.

May 22nd - I have turned my attention from Europe back to the far East.

My recon patrols immediately bogged down due to lack of supplies.

My "puny islands" in the northern IS have started to form a real land mass - I have eight bases North of the Caspian Sea in Kazakhstan and several of them are now connected with yellow paths, indication US control. I am constructing roads to connect them, and am carefully avoiding disturbing any Russain units to the North.

I have completed my fortifications along the Amu River. I crossed the river and now control the highway that runs along its North-East shore.

May 30th - My northern-most group along the Amu crossed the River and took the region East of the Aral Sea, including the Baikonur cosmodrome. They are proceeding South-East along the Syr Dayra River and have captured two IS oil fields along the way. They are now just 140 KM North of the IS capital at Toshkent.

Further South in Uzbekistand and Tajikistan my units have taken the cities of Quarshi and Bukhara. They have also taken Samarqand and are closing in on the last IS oil field. They have taken the Tajik capital of Dushanbe and are closing in of the base East of there.

June 7th - My forces threaten the IS capital at Toshkent from the North-West and from the South. Concentrating my forces is difficult since on the North-West the nearest repair base is 400 KM distant. Defending forces are stronger than I had first estimated and are being re-enforced from the East.

June 14th - My forces around Toshkent continue to get bloodied and I am unable to muster enough intact units to take the capital and its surrounding towns.

June 21st - I finally move on Toshkent. My forces are weak and the resistance is strong. A stalemate is developing and victory depends upon my willingness to drive wounded units back into the fray, hoping that the capital will finally fold.

June 25th - I finally took the capital, but surrounding towns are still strongly held in enemy hands. Here is no game announcement or cash payoff - the IS is deeply in debt.

Virtually all of my units were damaged, most of them over 60%, and there was no operational repair base nearby. I sent as many units as I dared off for repair in the South and entrenched the rest in the former captial city. I brought in C-130 gunships and B-2 bomber air support to clear the remaining defenders in the area.

All that is left of the IS in the South are a cluster of cities around their new capital of -Almatv. However, the IS originally was so big, that just trying to gain official control of its vast Western, Northern and North-Eastern regions is a daunting task. I have been chipping away at it by sending lonely Engineers and small airborne groups to the remove corners of the IS to establish bases and supply depots. This has formed sort of tunnels of supply and control that cross the un-populated prtion of the IS. As the supply depots get near completion, I initiate road-building projects to connect them.

So far, I still only control less than half of this un-populated IS steppe territory. It is sort of like trying to grab runny bread dough - it sort of oozes out of your control. And I have to avoid the Russians in the North as well - my toke force has no chance against them if they decide to send an armored column down to where I have accidently coressed their border. I almost wish that the Russians would take the damn area and save me the hassel.

June 30th - I am planning an airborne assault on the new IS capital. I deployed an airborne group from reserve in Southern Iran and am sending its mobile units ahead to deploy at air strips near the IS border.

July 2nd - The advance units of my airborne IS assault team landed at its jumping off points along the IS border. While I wasn't watching, a lot of them got into fights with IS units on the border and got bloodied. Great - now my airborne force is weakened before they even drop.

July 3rd - My airborne assault may have to wait a while - there is AA covering the new IS capital that needs to be delt with first. As usual - my land units are going to get to the drop target almost before the airborne ones do.

August 21: Poland surrendered and I now had plenty of units in to contend with Pakistan and the IS. IS MC was 53%

August 27th: Its capital of Almaty fell and the IS finally surrendered. I got $288 million. Their final MC was 28%. Now I had to contend with Pakistan to the South. China showed no interest in fighting.

Last edited by felinis on May 21 2007, edited 8 times in total.
felinis
Lt. Colonel

WWIII - Pakistan

Post by felinis »

Game Date:01/01/22
Game Real Duration: 50 Days

I first invaded Pakistan while landing troops to invade South-East Iran. I stole a Pakistani sea pier to do it.

It is impossible to discuss the Pakistan offensive without mentioning the Islamic States (IS) conflict. The two nations share a common border with and both border on my new Iranian territory.

There was a sharp contrast between the IS and Pakistan - IS was very belligerent while Pakistan is quiescent. It seems that Pakistan was out of petrolium even before I started invading it. What this meant was that the Pakistani units would roll up to defend their border, then turn red and go dead.

So stablizing the Pakistani border was a no-brainer. So was rolling across the border, gingerly avoiding their sleeping tanks, and destroying their two remaining oil wells. Stablizing the border with the IS at the Amu River in Eastern Turmanistan involved taking two Pakistain cities guarding a vital road.

So I started invading Pakistan even before I started trying to conquer it. It will be interesting to see if things remain so quite when I try to take their capital at Karachi.

May 22nd - I have been busy at the European front, and dealing with the IS to the South. I finally decided to make a move in the far East and Pakistan was a part of it.

Strange thing about Pakistan - they control the length of the Indus River from the southern mouth to the Northern delta, and a desert region West of the mouth. However, East of the northern Indus delta, there are over thirty Main Battle Tanks with the Pakistan insignia in the disputed Kashmir region - which is marked in purple to indicate that it belongs to India.

If I take Pakistan, I wonder who gets those?

Anyway, I moved my units up to their western border West of Dera Ghiza Kahn in order to protect a base that I was building there. I also crossed their border and took Kabul, its base and air-strip.

June 20th - The city of Bagram is well fortified and will need to be reduced using air-power. I called in B-2 strikes for that purpose.

June 27th - My units took the city of Bagram and now leading scout units have advanced as far East as the Indian border in the Hilmalyas. This has taken a big bite out of Northern Pakastan and the Southern IS.

There is a large remaining Pakistani island of stranded unit just South-East of Mazar-e-Sharif. My units are now just 420 KM West of the Pakistani capital of Islamabad.

July 3rd - Mobile units of my airborne group based in Southern Iran have arrived in Bagram, in preparation for a possible air drop East into Islamabad or North into the new IS captial of Markiv.

May 03, 2023 - Still haven't defeated PK - bummer.

I can never seem to direct enough units to the region to make a decicive difference. Plus, India is backing PK with its own units.

November 1, 2023 - I have cut Pakistan in half by cutting the North-South road to Karachi.

November 15th - I assaulted Karachi from the West and North with a medium sized force. I failed miseriably and was repulsed, badly damaged.

February 1st, 2024: The Islamic States fall and I can now turn my full attention to Pakistan.

February 6th, 2024 - I heavily re-inforced my units in Southern Pakistan with forces previously dedicated to holding the Russian border in Kazhikstan. I attempted another assault on Karachi and was again defeated and sent packing with my tail between my legs. They have a surprising number of helicopters - next time I will bring my ADATS...

April 15th - I brought my ADATS and everything but the kitchen sink to Pakistan. I recruited the entire former Russian army, except for the ones immediately surrounding Moscow, all of my former Russian border troops from Kazikistan and basically every non-MedAir unit that I could find East of the Black Sea. I divided them up and ordered half of them to entrench just West of Karachi and the rest to wait west of the Paskistan's capital at Islamabad

May 1st - most of the units have reached Pakistan. My job now was to
perform the necessary gereraling - to try to bring order out of chaos. There are many entrenched units that have been stationed on the Pakistan border for a long time. Without constant attention, their lines have been constantly infiltrated by the enemy. No more - there is a new sheriff in town. It is tiresome to send mobile units to chase down these little bastards, so I bring in air power. After all - this is the Third World - I am no longer constrained by an enemy armed with state-of-the-art AA.

I have constructed plenty of air strips in the area. I bring in AC-130 gunships, A-10s, fighter jets and attack helicopters to do the job in style.
It is real fun to be able to order air strikes again - one of life's little pleasures.

May 10th - as I clean up infiltrators near Karachi with my air units - the Pakistanis get frisky and launch air cover for their few defenders. This is real fun - I get to use interceptors too! I call out ten IF-1 Wern Interceptors from Baghdad air base to deal with them.

May 15th - I work on generalling the two attacks. I withdraw MedAir units to the rear to act as reserves. I move artillery to the front, especially my long-range M11E1 guns.

May 22nd - stabilizing the two fronts is proving diffecult, since each unit that has not been manually entrenched to some hex wants to bolt forward and engage the enemy. This calls out more infiltrators that I need to call in air-strikes on. This is like herding cats.

June 1st - things are just about as I want them - a stable front, artillery forward, armor, infantry, ATs and mobile AA ready to attack.

I have set up aerial recon with orbiting E-3B/C ASWACS and PTR E-9 JSTARs, two to the North and two to the South. This clearly highlights how heavily and densely defended Karachi really is.

June 7th - I order the attack on Karachi. I need to manually un-entrench units from each individual hex and order them to their objective- what a drag.

Just as before, non-armor units briefly visit the front, then flee back to their base for more supplies. The majority of units headed away from the battle-front are not wounded - they just won't hold the line once their supplies run out.

Many truly damaged units retreat but do not actually go into a base for repair - I have to do that.

June 10th - another epic melee - the three enemy citieis hold doggedly, possibly with help from naval gunfire. Dozens of combat helicopters traverse the battlefield. M-2 Hoplite helicopters are killers - they really eat up armor. The only units that are effective against them are LOSATs and ADATS.

June 12th - Dispite the transfusion of what seemed like an inordinate number of units - the outcome of this battle is still in dispute. The enemy line shows no sign of weakening.

June 14th - I desperately scrape up any unit fit to fight and and manually direct them back to the line. Finally - Karachi falls.

The Pakistani government doesn't even notice - their MC is that same as it was in May - 66%.

June 16th - I have triaged my Karachi units and there are a surprising number of them fit to begain the final campagne North to the capital. Surprisingly, they just started to stream out of the single outpost into which they had earlier fled.

June 18th - I have re-organized the Karachi force and have sent them Northward to the captial. It was necessary to survey Southern Pakistan and ten determine which part was defensable. I decided to hold the West side of the Indus river. I already hold most of the river crossings in the South - bridges, and bridging towns. Holding them should not present a problem - many of them are alredy guarded by my modded gun emplacements.

June 22nd - I have taken the central Pakistani city of Multan. My forces in the North are closing in on Islamabad. The enemy is clearly worried now - their MC dropped four points to 64% (from 66%).

I also took their largest Northern ciity of Mingora.

June 26th 2024 - I finally took Islamabad and Pakistan promptly surrendered. I have not calculated the body count yet, but this looks like it was an enormous blood-bath.

Last edited by felinis on May 20 2007, edited 11 times in total.
felinis
Lt. Colonel

WWIII - Greece

Post by felinis »

Game Date: 03/22/22

Real Game Duration: I am going to stop trying to quantify this because the time that I spend on each battle probably far exceeds what the average player would invest. Let is suffice to state that huge scenerios like this take a very long time to complete - on the order of several days to a week per conqured region.

Greece starts out with a MC of 95% - either they have never seen combat or they have been very successful at combatting their neighbors Turkey and Austria-Hungry. One has to wonder what you have to do to such a small country in a short time to drive its MC down 75%, to the surrender level. Taking a nation's capital usually only costs them about 10 points MC.

The most striking military feature about Greece is its large air force - with its one air base not far from my Northern, formally Turkish border. There is an actual cloud of aircraft over the base - Kites, Phantoms, Mirages - looks like dozens of them.

Now, in addition to their own sea coast, they were ceded a large expanse of the Aegean Sea off the Western coast of Turkey. I attempted to establish anti-submarine partols there with P3-C Orions, and my planes were immediately attacked by Greek Mirage Intercepters.

At first I couldn't figure why the Orions would not go over the water - they would just fly West to the Turkish coast and stop in mid-air. Then I remembered that I had set the "No Path" option for Greece.

The most striking civil feature is that the country is almost split in two in the center, with the connecting road owned by Austro-Hungry. So there is no direct land invasion route to the capital of Athens (Athinai) in the South.

However, Athens is exposed on three sides to the sea, and looks to be an excellent candiate for an air-borne assault - if one can get by their formidable air defenses.

After taking Turkey, it was surprisingly easy to establish a stable border defense along the Greek frontier. I built my fortifications nearly unopposed. Plenty of Greek units clustered around my new border, but none actually attacked. But once I turned off the "No Path" option, unknow to me, my lead fortification started to take hits. When I checked the border on March 22nd, all but two of my defenders had been destroyed or damaged to the point of retreat.

Worse yet, I had just issued air transport orders for new air-borne Jump Infantry and Marine II troops on the coast of Egypt, and Turkey was filled with my expensive transport planes, who were just starting to try flying across the Aegean Sea to answer the call. What a mess. My Greek frontier was going to hell in a hand-basket.

I figured out why my border defense was defective - I was building a fortification at the single crossing point for the Dardanelles straight, but I was building it North of the straight, on what would naturally be Greek territory. That required an Engineer to perform Bridging operations across the straight in order for other Engineers and defenders to cross and construct the fortification. It looked stable and the Greeks did not seem to be messing with it.

What was really happening was that the fortification was so strong that Greek ground units could not get close enough to damage the construction party, but occasionally Greek aircraft would pay a visit and wound a unit. Eventually these wounds accumulated and a unit would need to seek repair. But the wounded unit would not cross back South across the straight - it would cross enemy territory to the North, go around the Norhern shore of the Sea and check into the repair base at Istanbul to the East. But it would be destroyed by enemy units before it got to safety - mystery solved.

My strategy is to:

1) Take control of the Aegean Sea.

2) Take Athens in the South.

3) Destroy the Greek air base at Edirne in the North.

March 25th - Establishing a stable border required me to destroy the fortification under construction North of the Dardanelles straight, withdraw the units South across the straight and build new bases and fortifications there. This reversed the situation - instead of my guys getting attacked on all sides while guarding the single fortification to the North, the Greeks would need to expose themselves while trying to cross the straight at a single point.

I also supplemented the border with top-notch MIM-204 AA to solve the Greek air threat.

March 28th - The Greeks started to flood the border with tanks, infantry and Engineers, so I pulled up ten ground missile launchers close to the border. I had a stockpile of about 2000 ATACMS-IIB and Lance missiles. I loaded them up, armed them and ordered the launchers to let fly. It was a regular turkey shoot - the crowded Greek frontier full of units was decimated. I would take command of individual launchers at run-time and target tanks. It was GREAT FUN! I even think that they hit some aircraft. When I finally called a cease-fire, the Greek frontier was empty.

March 30th - This got their attention - their MC went down to 72%. I know that I destroyed a lot of them, but many had gone to ground in their repair bases. I was eager to go in and destroy these bases before the newly repaired Greek units returned. And the air base is still a major objective.

To meet objective 3), I pulled all of my ground invasion units up close to the border. The "No Pass" condition is still in force for Greece. I want heavy AA in the vangard to protect against the heavy Greek air power.

A large air base is very difficult to destory with missiles, but I still have plenty of ATACMS-IIB left. For insurance, I decided to bring up heavy naval forces from Cairo North into the Aegean and park them South of the Greek air base. A fleet of combat vessels could put up a very powerful AA screen, and might decimate any attacking Greek aircraft.

To meet objective 1), I readied six Battleships, eight Cruisers, ten diesel submarines, ten SSNs, six SSBNs, twelve guided missile Destroyers and a small fleet of screening and support vessels. The Cruisers and SSBNs were armed with Tactical Tomahawk missiles. I wanted some aircraft carriers, but they are all in reserve at sea prots in Southern Suez and Italy.

Objective 2), the capture of the Greek capital, went to my air-borne division, still in Western Turkey. The only problem there is that all of their non-mechanized units are still in Iran. I deployed them and ordered them air-lifted to Turkey to join the rest of their outfit. They will be supplemented with new Jump Infantry from Cairo.

April 1st - Since my invasion fleet was on the way, I rushed my land invasion to capitalize on my earlier massive missile strike. I was still not convinced that I had neutralized the Greek land units in the North enough to risk an invasion. I could not see past their frontier, since I couldn't risk an AWACS plane on their territory, due to their fierce air defenses. But I took a calculated risk and invaded.

An important tactic was to keep my AA units in the vanguard, but with 400 land units to command, that is hard to do. Space was so cramped that moving the AA to the front line took a lot of time and effort.

April 2nd - My fleet took the island of Crete, allowing my airborne units to occupy the island, and my airborne units took Rhodes as well. The rest of the fleet was overcoming light restance from scattered submarines and picket Frigates.

In Northern Greece, my units had quickly crossed the frontier and encountered light resistance from land units, and quickly started to take cities North of the frontier, but units attacking the air base to the West took heavy damage from aircraft. AA units struggled move move past crowded hexes of friendly attackers and retreating damaged units, in order to reach the vacinity of the air base.

April 3rd - The majority of the fleet entered the Aegean Sea, achieving the first strategic objective. CG-62 and SSBN vessels were within long range of their Greek air base, so I commanded "weapons free". The Tomahawk missile attack was a complete success, and coincided with the invasion force in the North reaching the vacinity of the (former) air base. Greek. Objective number three was also achieved.

Greek MC is now 62%.

April 5th - I capture both Green army bases in the North.

Big problem - Austro-Hungry crossed the Greek border and is coming to their aid. Luckily I have the River between me and the AH to the North, but the West is another situation.

April 6th - I brought up the missile launchers from Turkey and gave the AHs a taste. That got them under control quickly.

April 8th - My airborne division captured Athens after my fleet softened it up with NTACMS fire. Greek MC was down to 50%. I received $74.7 million from their tresaury.

April 9th - I took their second capital and got $17 million. They only had a handfull of units left and one town. If not for the aid that they were receiving from AH, they would have been vanquished by now. Their MC is down to 36%.

April 10th - Greece, or what remained of it, surrendered. I got one submarine. Their final MC was 37%.

Last edited by felinis on May 20 2007, edited 4 times in total.
felinis
Lt. Colonel

WWIII - Austro-Hungry

Post by felinis »

Game Date: April 10th, 2022

I now have a firm footing in Southern Europe with units in Southern Italy and the Balkan frontier. The problem with the Austro-Hungrian (AH) Balkan front is that it is too wide, and it opens up into an even wider expanse of Europe. I have not gained any new units from conquoring Greece or Turkey, so my Eastern European army is too small to advance far into mainland Europe.

The good news is that AH empire borders on Italy. I have taken and fortified Southern Italy and I believe that the rest is mine for the taking. If I can take the AH and Italy, then I can present a united front to the rest of Southern Europe.

AND - I just checked to the North and coming down from Romania is a column of TR-125 Tanks, but they have all run out of gas - inside their own country. I have taken most of their oil fields, so this is the desired result. Very gratifing.

I have been playing at DEFON Three ever since the world declared war on me. I just bumped it up to DEFCON Two, to see what the increased effeciency will do for me.

On the economic side, I have been reviewing my power plant portfolio and have de-activated all of my nuclear plants in favor of fusion, coal and hydro. I will see how this works out, then perhaps scrap all of my expensive nuclear plants and all of my uranium mines. I have been scrapping petrol plants just as soon as I have captured them - way too expensive electricity.

I also have declared war on un-necessary roads - I have three continents full of roads that I do not use, but am paying maintenance on. If any of my industries' supply levels fall off, I will replace the those roads with cheaper railroads in the vacinity.

To my surprise, I looked at the map and I have already taken Bulgaria, who's Northern border is formed by the Danube River and southern Macedonia. The Danube looks like it could form a natural line of defense, so I will attempt to roll up the oposition to that line.

April 14th - I continue to advance into Albania with mostly airborne units, as far as the Albanian city of Tirana. They have been successful thanks to support from missile launchers and attack helo assaults, but they are not intended lead an offensive thrust like this, and I must entrench and relieve them soon.

East of them my forces are weak and are still entrenched near the Greek coast. There is one road that connects south-western and north-eastern Greece. It is shaped like an inverted 'V' and the AHs control most of it. I need to take that road. I have a strong armored force in the North-East and I intend to loose them when the time is right to take that road and the Northern Macedonian capital city of Skopje.

I have moved my naval forces from the Aegean Sea into the Adriatic Sea on the Albanian coast to assist my airborne division to the West. I swept the sea with my submarines during the invasion of Sicily last year.

April 24th - I took Beograd, the capital of Yugoslavia. AH Military Confidence is not 50% and falling. I am closing in on the AH Empire's capital of Budapest, in the far North of the AH region, on the Polish border. I am also closing in on of last of their petroleum facilities.

And no, they are NOT out of gasoline. They are still quite scrappy.

April 27th - I am 245 KM South of Budapest. AH resistance is moderate. Their MC is 40%. A am streading my forces as far abroad the AH empire as possible in order to avoid having it ceded units and territory to Poland or Ukraine after the surrender. I even took the Western Italian city of Trieste in the process.

April 29th - Earlier I had segregated my airborne units back into a coherent airborne division again. I held them in reserve in order to drop them on the AH capital later. The time came when I had a mechanized force within striking distance of the capital, as I did now. The air-drop did not go smoothly for the helos carrying the Marines and other leg-units came in slightly from the East and hit AA at the last minute. The C-5s came straight in, and although they too took some AA, they unloaded on target.

The bastards badly mauled my units in Budapest - heavy forces formed a pincer on my guys from the East and West. I took the AH capital anyway and got $2.8 billion. The AH's MC is down to 25%.

April 30th - I had held back half of my non-mechanized airborne units to attack the AH's second capital after the first fell. The plan worked flawlessly and immediately. I took their secondary capital of Wein and AH surrendered, rendering $2.4 billion. Their final MC was 22%.

Last edited by felinis on May 20 2007, edited 2 times in total.
felinis
Lt. Colonel

WWIII - Italy

Post by felinis »

Game Date: 05/01/22
Real Game Duration:

After defeating Austro-Hungary, it seemed strategically appropriate to take Italy, which is just to the West, across the Adriatic Sea. I already had two foot-holds in Italy - the city of Trieste in the North, and most of Southern Italy, including the "boot" and Sicly (see previous posting "WWIII - Sicily"). If I could roll up the Italian peninsula then I could join forces with my other army in Austro-Hungry.

I had been putting massive numbers of armored and naval units into reserve in Southern Italy for about six months. Now I broke them out of storage and sent them towards Rome. On the land, I sent dozens of M1A2 and -A3 Tanks, M109A6 Paladin mobile artillery, M198 Howitzers, Thunderbolt and Stingray III Tanks, M11 FIVs, M1064M4 Dragon Fur artillery and the creme-de-la-creme - GMT-2A Storm Hunter Tanks.

On the South-Western coast I sent Kansas class BB-07 Battleships, CG-62 Texas-class Cruisers, DDX-21 Zumwalt Destroyers, FFG-7 Oliver H. Perry Frigates along with other support vessels.

I send SSN-21 Seawolf and SSN-8 Walrus subs out to sweep the waters of the remaining Mediterrean islands of Corsica, Sardinia and Spain's Balearic Islands, prior to landing airborne units on them.

May 6th - Rome fell without fanfare - it turns out that Italy is so deeply in debt that I may have to pay them if they surrender. Their MC was 37%.

There were French defenders in Rome and I am starting to get the creepy feeling that if I take Central Italy, Northern Italy is going to be ceded to France.

May 10th - I have to keep switching between fronts - Middle-East, Balkan and Italian. In order to complete my control over the Med, I am preparing a new air-borne division. These guys form my third air-borne group and have been held in reserve at Tarabulus, Egypt for just such an operation.

The problem with the islands of Corsica and Sardinia is that they both have active air-strips with combat aircraft that could turn away an air-borne attack. So I have decided to load my air-borne units onto ships and stage an attack from the sea instead. I have plenty of naval combat units that already have control of the sea piers on these islands.

May 10th - I am closing on Italy's back-up capital at Milano. The Italian defenders are really no match for the heavy, high-tech armor that I am throwing at them.

May 13th - I took Milano, but no immediate reaction from the Italian government. Their public approval is just 11% and their MC is down to 25%. I noticed a large quadrangle of Italian territory turn U.S. yellow inexplicably - could this be an indication that certain regions are about to surrender?

It is all over for Italy - they surrendered with an MC of 23% and a public opinion of just 9%. The Italian government had no treasury, so there was not even an E-mail announcement. It was on the news however.

As I feared, France and Germany got all of the Italian Alps including Switzerland, except for the South-Eastern region that I already held.
I got a few defending land units and a bunch of helos and aircraft at the main air base at Aim Ghedi. I had already neutralized their navy. I got the southern half of Sardinia, but the frogs got the rest.

As predicted, I now have a united front across Southern Europe, including a comfortable 200 KM belt connecting Italy with the Balkans.

I did a survey of the remaining European powers - they all have low public opinions - most are in the 17 - 23% range, and none have a high MC - most are in the 50-65% range. Satellite recon shows that many of their Tanks are running out of fuel.

My next move will be to complete my control of the Med. Then I will see if I will attack in the East or the West.
Last edited by felinis on May 20 2007, edited 1 time in total.
felinis
Lt. Colonel

WWIII - The Mediterranean

Post by felinis »

Game Date: 05/13/22

I am giving this post a general name because I am not currently attacking any particular country, but am endeavoring to take complete control of the Mediterranean Sea.

My strategic position is enviable in that I have taken fully one half of the world's regions. It is awkward in that my forces are spread over about a 10,000 KM front, streching from Pakistan in the East to Spain in the West.

Except in the far East, my forces are spread too thin to invade any one enemy region. I am basically defending a huge northern border. This situation has grown organically, rather than strategically, and I am having a difficult time deciding how to proceed.

I would like to just "book-mark" my present borders by replacing the armor and assault units with garrison units, to allow me to concentrate my shock troops on the invasion of one European country. The problem with that plan is that all of the European countries that I confront have strong defenses and I suspect that they would quickly wear down and over-run weak garrisons.

On the other hand, I have been targeting and destroying their southern oil fields. I have spotted a lot of their large armored units sporting red chevrons, indicting that they have run out of fuel, so I may be having some success with this tactic.

To my dismay, I discovered that Britan, the Baltic Union, and to a certain extend Germany, all get their oil from the North Sea. Britan also has rigs in the Irish Sea. I had hoped to cut off all oil exports by taking the Middle-East, but I suspect that Britan has enough to be an exporter too.

I have dispatched a task force of ten SSBN-743 submarines and eight CG-62 Texas class Cruisers to raid these oil fields. I already have base facilities established for them in the Azores and I am exploring the possibily of taking the existing Baltic Union port and air-strip in Iceland.

May 20th - I took Sardinia and Balearic Islands without any problems - I simply dropped a handfull of airborne units at the airport and provided the group in Sardinia some air support. I missed a Spanish submarine North-East of Miorca and had to send a sub pack there to deal with it.

May 22nd - Taking Corsica is a whole different kettle of fish. France is no Italy - they have a strong air force and navy. And they have missiles - a lot of missiles. Sail into the Gulf of Lion and you will get a barrage of anti-ship missiles and a sorte from the French fleet at Marseille. Cross the French border - land or sea - and you will get a barrage of air-launched cruise missiles, followed by a face full of a dozen or more Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft.

These Typhoons are not aircraft that you can ignore. On my first attempt to take Corsica I had a task force of six CVN-76 carriers armed with Tomcat and Hornet aircraft and with CG, DDX and Frigate escorts. The Typhoons shot up my C-5 and V-22 aircraft delivering the airborne invasion force, tore up my defending naval aircraft, sunk one carrier and badly wounded a second.

After the battle I discovered that my naval aircraft were a mis-match for this battle - I had embarked F-14 and F-18C aircraft, which are ground attack planes, not Interceptors like the F-14D and the F-18F.

May 29th - I came back at Corsica with the right type of Inteceptor aircraft and a larger naval escort in the vangard. Once the first wave of defending Typhoon aircraft have been repelled, I launched my airborne assault from Sardinia in the South. It landed with no problems and quickly took most of the island. The remaining south-western portion is still under French control due to the sea pier there. I am presently un-willing to risk the wrath of the French fleet at Marseille in order to take a corner of an island.

Complete control of the entire Mediterranean, including the Bay of Lion, will have to wait until I can deal with these French ships.

June 1st - Things sort of reached critical mass and I made a big un-planned push into Europe. Many of my border cities and towns had been accumulating large bastons of entrenched units, and many of the opposing units have looked like they were out of fuel.

I think that it started in Germany where it looked like I easlily had enough units to take Munichen and its airbase. Then I just started going along the European front and ordered advances North to the next big city - Brno and Kosice in Poland, Iverno-Frankivsk in Ukrane and even Basel and Bern from the French.

Anyway, I got the German airbase and numerious other outposts and airfields.

June 8th - after cleaning up the border again and triaging my damaged units, I concentrated on destroying some more European oil fields. I loaded up four missile launchers and took out the next to the last remaining Polish facility near Kielce. Their last remaining one is also near the border just West of there - I will take it out next.

All of the four European countries that I am facing now, except for Russia and Ukrane all have MCs of below 50% now. This is ironic because Ukrane shows no heavy armor, according to my satellite surveillance.

I put in a wide call for garrison units to be moved to the vacinity of the Franco-German border, so that I can try my "book-mark" withdrawal strategy.

June 15th - I inserted and tested my new Cat-Mod game modification. This eliminates what I believe to be some very un-fair, un-realistic inequities in the game. It allows me to open more of the smaller military bases using fewer personnel, makes it cheaper to operate most military bases and makes it cheaper to build all facilities. It also promotes US missiles that were rated as "Low Air" tragets (like helicopers) to "Mid Air" targets that cannot be destroyed by cheap hand-held MANPAD AA artillery.

I managed to destroy the last Polish oil field. I softened it up with FB-22 air attacks, then finished it off with cruise missiles.

A strange pattern is starting to appear all across Europe - despite all of my border attacks, most remaining enemy units have clustered abound major cities. Columns of tanks and other armor that were originally sent to repel my border incursions are now lined up on major roads, out of fuel and jamming the roads.

European armed forces have just about stopped resisting altogether at their frontiers. I am certain that my attacks on their oil fields are having the desired effect.

This clustering of enemy units in their cities and on their highways has left the more rural areas wide open and defenseless. Furthermore, their rural industrial facilities near the border are sitting ducks. It is just heart-breaking that I do not have enough units in the West to exploit the huge open corridores into France and Germany. I could easily drive a division clear to the English Channel with only token opposition.

My bookmark strategy has me moving as many units possible East to concentrate on invading the Ukrane, then Poland, Germany and last of all - France.

Oh well, those holes will still be there when I come back with all of the boys.

June 30th - I started an assault on the French fleet at Marseille. The strategy is not so much to destroy the base, but to open up the air base in Marseille to attack from the sea. The air base has layered defenses and I want to remove the naval AA layer. Once my ships can approach the French coast at Marseille, they can use naval gun-fire to neutralize the land-based mobile AA units that line the coast and screen the air base.

The French have been making the mistake of sending out sortes from Marseille to try to attack the naval base that I took in South-Eastern Corsica. I have my fleet anchored West of Corsica, packing armed Harpoon missiles. Whenever a French combat ship comes near Corsica, my fleet sinks it.

So the base at Marseille has been slowly weakened and is now approachable. I sent a force of six CVN-62 carriers with eight squadrons of aircraft each, screened by dozens of DDX Zumwalt Destroyers, FFG-7 Frigates, BB-07 Battleships, CG-51 and CG-47 Crusiers.

The prize is their flagship the R-91 Carrier Charles de Gaulle.

I was going to strike it with a force of 25 I-800 Dolphin submarines, until I discovered that the subs have a 50 KM attack range for ships, while French Patrol boats and Battleships have a 100 KM range for submarines.

Initially, it appeared as though there were only Patrol craft, several Destroyers, two big Carriers, and some Transports in the port. My first attack on the port was successful, but it revealed that there are still more combat ships anchored there than my initial surveillance revealed. I am running low on Harpoon missiles and I still have about five or six Destroyer/Cruisers to destroy in there along with a large Carrier, several smaller Carriers and a bunch of Frigates and Submarines.

If I attack with my carrier air - the French air force will show up in force and threaten my Cruisers.

July 3rd - I decided to back off, regroup, resupply and re-enforce before finishing off the French southern fleet. I had everyone retreat to the sea pier in South-Western Corsica. I stationed a line of picket subs between my fleet and Marseille. I also armed all Harpoon missiles to allowed my fleet to continue to pepper the enemy ship with anti-ship missiles.

Intelligence sources indicate that the "Cruiser/Destroyer" ships are actually 37,000 ton BB-E Brunel and there are still about eight of them in there. There are also eight S-601 Rubis SSN submarines, one S-806 Zwaardvis submarine, two SSBN subs and six F-870 De Zeven Frigates.

They shoot anti-ship missiles at you from the shore from AS-565A ASW Dauphin Helicopters. They send out land-based Mirage 2000 and ACX Rafale C ATC aircraft after you. The only one of my Carrier planes that is competitive is the F-14D Tomcat, and I only have nine of those flying.

So, the whole picture is that the naval base at Marseille, even when weakened still has defense in depth - overlayed layers of protection with ships offering anti-ship, anti-submarine and a strong anti-aircraft defense, submarines defending from below and land-based aircraft and missile launchers attacking from above. The air base protects the naval base and the naval vessels and shore based AA protect the airbase.

A very tough nut to crack indeed. Maybe I should do as Lightbringer suggested and just stick some Tanks up their a--.

September 25th, 2022 - My latest strategy for the French Med fleet is to leave it alone. In order to destroy a fleet requires losing at least half of YOUR fleet, unless it is just ridiculously large.

When I take France, it and France's THREE OTHER fleets will be mine. Then I will be the un-questioned Ruler of the Mediterranean.

January 19th, 2023 - I finally destroyed Marseille and defeated France.

By DESTROYING Marseille with plasma weapons, I was able to preserve Marseille airport and all of its lovely aircraft, and not damage any more of the Southern French fleet. Marseille had extensive land air defences, so I just "walked" the plasma weapons up a path towards Marseille until there were no longer any AA in my flight path.

I AM now the Ruler of the Mediterranean and most of the Atlantic.
Last edited by felinis on May 20 2007, edited 14 times in total.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

The huge fronts that can form in this game are amazing.The fact that there can be multiples makes it even more so.

As are the huge armed forces that try to control those fronts.

Still very much enoying the read :-)
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
felinis
Lt. Colonel

WWIII - France

Post by felinis »

Game Date 06/08/22

May 13th - Now that I have taken Italy, my immediate problem with France is defending my Western Italian border from them. When Italy fell, France got the western strech of the Swiss Alps. Of all of the European countries that I have opposed so far, France is by far the most belligerent. Set one foot across the French border, land or sea, and you are soon up to your neck in French high-performance jet aircraft. Approach their Med coast and you get the warplanes and a naval sorte from their large base at Marseille.

So for now I am content to just stablize my border with France.

May 22nd - I attacked and took the French island of Corsica as described in the previous report on the Med. The French navy continues to contest the South-West sea pier of the island.

May 29th - I discovered that the French/Italian border is prized, rich farmland. Even though the area is contested, I immediately start building a complex of farms. Now I am committed to holding at least this part of my Western frontier.

June 8th - My general Northern surge into Europe has just concluded, leaving me with even more front-line towns that I need to hold than when I began a week ago. I suprised even myself with the success of this expansion and now I have been rewarded with all of the Swiss Alps and inroads into France. My main problem at this point is that I do not have enough strength at any one point to seriously threaten any country in Europe.

This is sad, because French land units are either bogged down and out of fuel on rural highways, or clustered around their three main metropolitian areas. This has left central France wide open from Marseille in the South-East to the English Channel in the North-West.

I have chosen the following strategy:

A) Build more and bigger bases

B) Build more units.

C) Concentrate my European forces into Eastern Europe in order to take the weakest of the four countries - Ukrane, then move on to Poland, Germany and finally France.

D) Garrison my Western border towns with minimal Garrison units.

E) Complete my control of the Mediterranean.

F) Weaken and destroy European supply and industry, starting with oil and electricity.

I have completely closed down weapons production in the CONUS - too much trouble shipping or flying them to the front lines in Europe and Asia.
I am re-activating many small bases and outposts and am having them either build a unit or upgrade to a bigger base. My demand for construction and military materials has sky-rocketed, and I have even started building more ore mines in order to broaden the base of my construction pyramid. I have God's plenty of oil and coal already. I may even need to build more MM plants.

My Northern surge enabled me to destroy numerious French power plants and oil fields. I have stationed two task forces of ships in the Azores to raid European oil facilities in the Atlantic coast, the English Channel and the North Sea. I have also landed Engineers in Iceland to take over Baltic Union military bases there, and to act as re-supply bases for my raiders.

June 13th - I stage a daring air raid on the air base just South-East of Paris. Twenty-five F-117 Nighthawk aircraft attacked the air base with impunity, causing the defending aircraft to re-deploy North and South to other air bases. After closing the air base with the F-117 raid, I destroyed the remaining base with cruise missiles.

I continued advancing into South-East France, taking Lausonne and Geneve.

June 20th - I took and destroyed five of eight nuclear power plants and one oil field in South-Eastern France. The French land units seem to be paralyzed, allowing me to Garrison my border cities with just two Garrison units, while my remaining units sabatoge industrial facilities in Southern France. Some of them drove right up to the French capital and destroyed an oil field East of there.

Without its air-cover, Paris is wide open for an airborne attack, but I need to clear out the Southern air defenses in Marseille first. Airborne divisions in Southern Italy and North Africa are placed on alert.

July 1st - My Cruiser task force out of the Azores successfully destroyed a French oil field in Normandy and another in Northern Spain. France now has only one remaining oil field.

At the same time I began my naval attack on the French sea port at Marseille. For coverage of this action, see the previous post "The Mediterranean".

November 1st - My forces are beginning to benefit from the huge building campagne that I initiated earlier this year.

I pulled a lot of forces back from the North where they were loitering around the gateway to the Baltic Union. The BU is bottled up good by my entrenched forces at Kobvenhavn.

I gradually took the low-lands one city at at time, using the rivers as barriers. I stayed away from the coast to avoid getting pounded by the French Navy. French MA fell to 35%.

I also started using my new plasma weapons. One plasma missile takes out one small base or airstrip. Ten of them take out an air-base. I used AGM-131B SRAM plasma missiles to take out all of the French air and land bases in Belgium. I skipped the sea-ports. This got the French air-force out of my hair and left their units no where nearby to repair.

Eventually I was able to take the Netherlands and then Belgium. This left me Reims and Ameins and Toryes.

I also started to fortify Western Italy near Marsaille. I brought in some aircraft to destroy the only land base there. I used plasma missiles to "walk" up to the base, which was protected by a row of hexes full of AA.
I plasma bombed each AA defended hex, until I cleared a path to the base. The plasma payloads explode before the AA can destroy them.

I decided againt destroying the air base at Marsaille, since at this point I am trying not to destroy units that I may receive as spoils when France falls.

December 18th - I took Paris and got $119 million. MA fell to 24%.

December 19th I continued pounding defending units South of Paris with plasma missiles. I took Boulogne and got another $70 million. French MA fell to 19% - not long now.

The French capital has moved to Marsaille.

My strategy now is to occupy as much of France as possible before it surrenders. I will give special priority to the remaining major cities that may become emergency capitals.

Hopefully staking out the greatest amount of French real-estate will yield the greatest number of units that will fall to me and not to England.

Believe it or not, France and England are very good allies - I have observed French ships and aircraft crossing the English Channel and receiving repairs at British docks and air-bases.

There are five French fleets that I stand to inherit, and one air-base at full of aircraft at Marsaille. Marsaille is piviotal - it has the big airbase and that stubborn seaport full of big warships. The trick is to take or destroy Marsaille without chasing all of the aircraft out of the airbase.

January 14th, 2023 - I use two battleships armed with plasma weapons to destroy Marsaille. This preserves the airbase full of aircraft while pushing France closer to surrender. They are now at 14% ME.

France is not going to surrender until I take every one of its cities. I proceed to do just that. Its ME sinks to 11% and it still doesn't surrender.

January 18th, 2023 - France surrenders and I win the majority of her naval forces and all of her remaining aircraft.

Whew!
Last edited by felinis on May 20 2007, edited 8 times in total.
felinis
Lt. Colonel

WWIII - Germany

Post by felinis »

Game Date : 05/13/22

May 13th - Now that I have taken Italy, my immediate problem with Germany is defending my Northern Italian border from them. When Italy fell, Germany got the Eastern stretch of the Swiss Alps. For now I am content to just stablize my German/Italian border.

Germany seems to launch a big response to my incursions on their Southern border since I can see long columns of tanks and other German armor headed in my direction. However, they are not moving and they all have little red chevrons over them - no gas.

I establish a line of defense at the Danube River.

June 1st - The big surge. I suddenly discover that I have sufficiently re-enforced several critical points along my Southern European border and a number of tempting targets are within striking distance. The major German air base by the border is just such a target.

My units rolled into Switzerland, took the Alps and headed North towards Strausbourg. I took Bern, Luzern and Zurich, I attacked the air base at Munchen, and took it easily. I took the nuclear plants at Luzern, Augsburg and Stuttgart.

June 8th - I had made such inroads into Germany that my line was un-defendable - I had to withdraw to keep a stable, defendable Northern border. I did so well that now I had to give some of Germany back. I withdrew back to the Danube River. I made sure that I had destroyed all of the oil fields and nuclear power plants. Petroleum power plants I give back - let them burn up all of their oil.

In July enemy units in Europe and Asia act as if the Energizer Bunny has gotten up their butts. I order the "Great Bug-Out". South of Germany I retreat South into the Alps and Austria, destroying facilities, bases and transportation on the way.

At the end of July this fad proves to be short-lived and I resume my advance North of the Alps, reclaiming Switzerland. I re-establish my defensive line North of the Alps.

August 18th - Poland falls and I go after Germany - I am on a roll.

September 16th - The German capital at Berlin falls and I collect $2.3 billion.

September 19th - I dodge naval vessels on the river and take Hamburg and I collect 1.8 billion.

September 20th - Germany falls and I collect an additional $1.6 billion.
Final German MC was 17%.

Last edited by felinis on May 21 2007, edited 3 times in total.
felinis
Lt. Colonel

WWIII - Poland

Post by felinis »

Game Date: 04/30/22

When I took Austro-Hungry, I got a good chunk of Southern Poland as well.

Just like Germany, Poland appears to be trying to react to my invasion with tank columns, but they are stalled on the highways, apparently out of gas.

June 1st - I surged northwards all along my European border. I advanced to Praha in the West and captured their only air base there. I advanced to just South of Lubin in the East. Progress in central Poland was not as spectacular, however I did destroy four nuclear plants at Ceskebudejovice, Plzen, and Brno.

June 15th - I took out Poland's only oil wells at Gliwice and Walbrzych with air and cruise missle attacks. Now they will really be out of gas.

July 3rd - Poland is well prepped for invasion. I am moving all of my European units East to invade Ukrane, so Poland will be next.

August 12th - Ukraine falls and I turn my attention to Poland. Apparently Poland has expended most of her forces in skirmishes with me on their Southern border, because when I invade from the East and South Poland puts up only medium resistance. An air-drop into Warsaw is easily accomplished.

August 18th - After the capital falls my land units pretty much sweep the country. Poland's final MC was 21%. Poland falls. Ukrain gets its Baltic fleet.

Last edited by felinis on May 20 2007, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “After Action Reports”