The Double region.

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

bergsjaeger
General

The Double region.

Post by bergsjaeger »

Since a fellow Alabamian wanted to read about my airborne operations to get a double region I decided to post an AAR on it. I played as US SE in the North America scenario. Very hard aggressive AI. I won’t go into details about what I did to get the region to run smoothly. Except I manage to get both US NE and US West to like me enough to get a mutual defense, full transit, and non-aggression pact. After I got these treaties with US West, Mexico DoW on US West. Which gave me a 100% just cause for war against Mexico. I decided to go to war with them but held off a DoW against Mexico until I was prepared to. I had 2 decisions .1st option to deploy units in US West and start a land invasion. This would have taken a long time to position all my units. My 2nd option was an airborne assault which hopefully cause enough problems for Mexico that it would have to split its forces to combat US west and mine. I went with the airborne assault because I had enough units to succeed in it.

14 ranger Btn.
10 M113 Btn.
10 Stryker Btn.
21 HIMARS II (had to have them later on)
Sorted numbers of CH-53 Squads. (from D to X) I chose the 4 X’s I had.
5 C-5 Squads.
10 DD 51 Aleigh Burke
1 CVN 76 ( I renamed it the USS Stonewall Jackson).

I set the force up as following. The rangers were loaded in the Helios and the Helios were parked on the carrier. I told my navy to move right up to Mexico’s territory waters close to Belize. While I was waiting for the fleet to get into position I loaded the 5 C-5’s with M113’s. 1 Btn per squad and grouped the 5 C-5‘s to 1 so I could order them faster and grouped the Helios to 2. When the fleet got to Belize I positioned the destroyers in a umbrella to protect the carrier. With everything set I DoW on Mexico and ordered all 4 Helios to unload the rangers on to Merida airport. It was held by garrison and conscript. With 14 ranger Btn. The fight didn’t last long. The rangers also took the outpost and the city of Merida in the airborne drop. I then told the C-5’s to unload the M113’s right on top of Campeche. No unit was guarding that city so I took it unopposed. I sent 4 of M113’s (the last on I told to entrench in Campeche) after they landed to where the rangers were to connect the conquered lands and also while I waited for the C-5 to make it back to Louisiana where the rest of the force waited. I then loaded the other 5 M113’s up and told the C-5’s to airdrop them on to Ciudad Del Carm. While I was waiting for the M113’s to be airdropped I told all the rangers load up in the Helios and be unloaded on to Cancun which was held by a light infantry Btn. The fight didn’t last long there either. About the time I took Cancun the last M113’s were dropped on to Ciudad Del Carm. I took 4 cities less than 2 days. When C-5 returned to base I went about sending the Strykers to Merida airport and with the 4 M113’s at the airport I moved them back to Campeche because Mexico sent a couple infantry Btn. into the M113’s that held Ciudad Del Carm and I wasn’t sure what would come after them. I went about city hopping in the middle of Mexico and along the southern coast of Mexico with the rangers 4 btn to a helio squad and sometimes dropped the rangers right on top of conscripts and garrison hold the towns and cities. Never had any real fights. When I finally got all my Strykers in Mexico I went about connecting the cities the rangers capture. Occasionally a Mexican unit would show up but my Strykers would either drive them off or destroy them. When my rangers and Strykers were with into sight of Mexico City I ordered the M113’s to move up. At the same time I ordered my destroyers to take the sea pier Vera Cruz for supply reasons and to support the M113’s move up the north Mexican coast. When I finally got close enough to Mexico City I seen I needed arty. So I went back to my C-5’s and loaded HIMARS II loaded with M39 missiles. I ran a check on my missile inventory had around 1100 M39’s . ( I play with no missile limit). While I waited for the endless chartering of HIMARS II I set about encircling Mexico city and position the units as close as I could get without getting my units blasted by Mexican arty and away from any entrenched units. I had to use the rangers to stop any units that broke through and attempted a encirclement of any of my units. After I finally got all my HIMARS II in Mexico I made sure I had their missiles set were they wouldn’t fire until I had all the units in place. When the arty was in place I paused the game set all the missiles to fire at the sight of any enemy unit and let the time roll. There was a complete slaughter of all Mexican units in and around Mexico city. After the missile firing subsided I moved my M113’s and Strykers into Mexico City. When the city fell Mexico surrender to me and US West. I took over move than half of Mexico with a hand full of units and rather short time with a small number of men lost. I think I lost around 600 while Mexico lost over 37k. Which couldn’t have been done if I had not used the air assault tool. Actually I used every component of an air assault. Knew my objectives, made sure I had supply and reinforcements and follow through with a successful air assault with a break out. I later used the same units to take out Central America and had the same results. (these units are starting to rack up kills I probably use them in an air assault on the Caribbean). And now I have 2 regions one in US and one in Central America. Which I admit would be hard to watch over if I was at war with US West but would help me also because I could have 2 fronts to attack US West from. But now I can feel at ease because if I lose my territory in US East I still have the land I conquer to fight from.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

Good post berg. I found an issue with the air assault that if not watched closely might cost you units.

I had five M102 Arty that I wanted to deploy with my Green Beret. One CH-53 would haul this load easily, however five CH-53 dropped what they were doing and moved to the base to haul the artillery. When they arrived all five arty loaded into one helo and that helo moved them to their destination. The remaining four helo's remained at the base!

BG, is there a correction to this?

Tony
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: yes seen this too. I take the time to preload everything. That way i know what i have and then all i have to do is send it where i see fit.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

This is a known bug, no fix currenlty.

FYI, you got lucky that I caught that question, the AAR sections are fairly unmoderated. If you come up with a question best to repost it in another section as well or it could get missed.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

Balthagor wrote:This is a known bug, no fix currenlty.

FYI, you got lucky that I caught that question, the AAR sections are fairly unmoderated. If you come up with a question best to repost it in another section as well or it could get missed.
WILCO Balthagor. Thanks for the reply

Return to “After Action Reports”