The New Calipite

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Richmonder
Sergeant

The New Calipite

Post by Richmonder »

I just wanted to put in some meta information before I start. This AAR is going to be based on my single player campaign, starting as Jakarta. I have already tried this once, and compared to, say, start as Virginia in the Kentucky scenario it is rather hard - I actually got beat by the AI, for the first time. It is going to be written as the memiors/diary of the secretary of a new leader hopeing to bring a world wide Islamic Republic. As I can only play for a couple hours a day and not every day, or even every third day, this AAR may take a while - but let us see how it goes.
BigStone
General

Re: The New Calipite

Post by BigStone »

Richmonder wrote: It is going to be written as the memiors/diary of the secretary of a new leader hopeing to bring a world wide Islamic Republic
I wish you the best luck with that.
But i hope you don't succeed with it...

:-?
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Well I'm all for reading it even though the muslim part needs to be how they say politicly correct. But u can type it has u want. Just hope it doesn't start a flame war.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

bergsjaeger wrote: Just hope it doesn't start a flame war.
Hmmm.. agreed with you Berg.. but i think Richmonder made an interesting point.
Ive seen some other post on the boards concerning Iran and.... well ...
hmmmm.... errr...
Hopes its getting some rational discussion about it...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

so far we've been lucky, all talks on the board about Iran have remaind civil. We will of coures keep an eye out, but have always had good luck with the quality of our forum members.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Richmonder
Sergeant

Post by Richmonder »

I can assure you, I have no desire to cause any flame wars, and will simply be focused on reporting the war. I get plenty of political controversy in my professional world.
Richmonder
Sergeant

Prologue to War

Post by Richmonder »

To: Ministry of State
Re: World Market Interventions
April 29. 2010

It is the belief of the incoming leadership that the World Market will have little interest in our putting down the rebellion. The World Market is supporting reunification of other states (including the former United States) and the unification of regions that previously have not been formally unified (Europe). It is the position of the government that the World Market will consider the putting down of the rebellious provinces in the same light.

We are much more concerned about the current leaders of the rebellious provinces, whom we do not expect to peacefully submit to the legitimate government of Indonesia. Any personnel who do not agree with this policy have no place in the Ministry of State after the new government is formally constituted, 12:01AM, May 1, 2010.

This is just an example of one the many memos delivered in the week before forming the Premier’s first government. Public and private meetings were held at a hotel, abandoned with the collapse of tourism, to formulate the government’s policies. The public meetings were orchestrated to have MPs of our party loudly demand a unified Indonesia. In the private meetings we looked farther along, toward a new Caliphite, which would unite that Moslem world and bring a measure of peace and security unknown between Morocco and the Philippines before. There was no illusion that this would be an easy task or that all of the current leaders of these regions would acquiesce.
Richmonder
Sergeant

Planning

Post by Richmonder »

First, a plan for a new military was introduced. We would need troops that could be easily moved between islands, especially towards the start of the war. Phase one of the remodeling of the military would be the raising of six divisions, two airborne, two marine, one marine support and one special operations. The divisions would be organized as follows:

Airborne Division
6 Maneuver Brigades.
Each with 6 battalions (700 men a piece)
1 Artillery Brigade
With 6 battalions (15 tubes of 105mm howitzers each)

Marine Division
6 Maneuver Brigades
Each with 6 battalions (72 FV43333s) and integrated amphibious transport
1 Artillery Brigade
With 6 battalions (29 tubes of 105mm howitzers each) and integrated ocean transport

Marine Support Division
2 Artillery Brigades
With 6 battalions (29 tubes of 105mm howitzers each) and integrated ocean transport
2 Recon Brigades
With 6 battalions (60 V-100 Commandos each) and integrated amphibious transport
3 Engineer Brigades
With 6 battalions (350 men each) and integrated amphibious transport

Special Operations Division
6 Elite Brigades
With 6 battalions (150 men each)
1 Airborne Artillery Brigade
With 6 battalions (15 tubes of 105mm howitzers each)

In addition, an airlift command would be organized.

2 Helocopter Transport Brigades
With 6 squadrons (36 AT Bo104s – the capacity to move an airborne artillery brigade or a special operations brigade)
6 Air Transport Brigades
With 6 Squadrons (9 NC-1Ls – the capacity to move an airborne brigade)

In addition, various national militia units would be raised from time to time, and a cadet brigade of conscripted trainees was mustered.

On the economic front, a great deal of work would be needed. The premier was incredibly dismayed at the petroleum situation, and dictated that within the year the first nuclear power plant would be built. All other resources would be rationed and reserved. The population would be discontent, but short term sacrifices would need to be made.

We were in desperate need of certain technologies and knowledge, a transport aircraft, an amphibious mechanized APC/IFV, elite training, an amphibious recon vehicle, a large amphibious landing craft, and nuclear power plants. Scientists were assigned to work on all of these projects
Richmonder
Sergeant

Post by Richmonder »

May 1, 2010
In his inaugural speech, the premier declared the area of Jawa Tengh to be in active rebellion, and called on their surrender. At the time, the people did not know that the submarine, Jakarta, was already crossing in to Jawa Tengh waters to prevent naval forces to support land forces. In the next three days, the Jakarta would sink 2 patrol vessels and a frigate before it was sunk by an enemy submarine.
May 4, 2010
Our national militia crossed into Jawa Tengh territories.
May 6, 2010
Jawa Tengh attacks Jawa Timur
May 7, 2010
Fighting breaks out in former Indonesian regions of Borneo.
Casualties in the first week of fighting
Jakarta 438men (1 battalion)
Jawa Tengh 1751 men (6 battalions)
May 9-10
Our forces were delivered a terrible set back when both national militia armored battalions cut off and destroyed near the headquarters of the rebels. The premier is furious, leaving only a single national militia infantry battalion, which has taken severe damages, and national militia artillery battery remain as mechanized forces.
May 13
Sumetera declares “war” on the rightful government of Indonesia, hours before the cadet brigade captures the head quarters of the Jawa Tengh rebels.
May 14
Jawa Tengh surrenders and the Premier orders a modernization campaign of all industrial and agricultural facilities.
Casualties in the Jawa Tengh campaign
Jakarta 1458men (3 battalions)
Jawa Tengh 4108 men (8 battalions)
May 25
The Cadet Brigade and the 1st Airborne Artillery Brigade are ordered into Jawa Timur. The following day, Timor “declares war” on the government and fighting breaks out on the island of Sumatra soon after.
May 31
By early morning on the 31st,the campaign looked over as the Cadet Brigade encounters little resistance, and the 1st Airborne Brigade advances along the northern coast. But by noon, the Cadet brigade is repulsed from Sarbaya, losing about half of its numbers over the next 48 hours to massive artillery bombardment, in addition a flanking maneuver from the southeastern peninsula catches the mechanized artillery battery and all tubes are lost. The 1st Airborne Artillery shells the Sarbaya defenders for the next nine days, it takes for the 1st Airborne to march to Sarbaya.
June 1
Casualties in Jawa Timur campaign thus far
Jakarta 3806men (4 battalions)
Jawa Timur 3492men (7 battalions)
June 5
Malaysia declares war on the Indonesia government, and this emboldens rebels. Within two weeks all non-pacified regions are united in opposition to the Jakarta government.
June 9
1st Airborne marches into Sarbaya, and the Jawa Timur rebels surrender
Casualties in Jawa Timur campaign
Jakarta 3950men (5 battalions)
Jawa Timur 6507men (15 battalions)
June 10
Military commanders recommend the retaking of Sumatra, but severe problems are posed in this. At this point there exists no units with amphibious capacity, and as far as air transport capacity a single squadron of 24 Hueys are all of our assets. In addition, at this time, our aircraft production facilities are still two weeks from becoming active.

Major General Perwiraputra, of the 1st Airborne Division, recommends creating a smaller more flexible airborne brigade to take ports and facilitate amphibious invasions. The premier approves of this plan and two Light Airborne Brigades (each with 6 battalions of 350 men) are recruited from men training for the other airborne units.

Public approval of the premier has dropped below 20%, but the premier refuses to address that issue.

June 25
The 2nd Light Airborne Brigade is transported by Hueys to the southern coast of Sumatra. Although this operation takes almost 20 hours with available resources, the rebels in Sumetera do not seem to notice the operation. The 2nd Light Airborne proceeds to march 60 kilometers to capture the port of Tanjungkarang.
June 30
The first naval transport unloads troops at Tanjungkarang, the 3rd Airborne Brigade is the first off the boats. The 1st Airborne Division and the 1st and 2nd Light Airborne Brigade initiate the long march to subdue Sumatra, under the command of Major General Perwiraputra.
July 2
Casualties in Sumatra campaign thus far
Jakarta 675men (0 battalions)
Sumetera 2052men (3 battalions)
Aceh 19men (0 battalions)
July 14
Sumetera forces flank an early attack on their headquarters, and eliminate 2 batteries of the 1st Airborne Artillery.
July 16
Jakarta 1150men (2 battalions)
Sumetera 4168men (8 battalions)
Advances continue to be slow due to lack of vehicles. The 1st and 2nd Light Airborne do make a number of air advances, especially on the lightly defended west coast and western islands.
July 30
Jakarta 2353men (2 battalions)
Sumetera 6349men (16 battalions)
Julty 31
Faulty recon leads to the airdrop of the lead battalion of the 1st Light Airborne into a rebel mechanized infantry brigade. The premier was pulled out of an explanation of the method used to reverse engineer the NC-1L to get this news.
August 13
Advances continue to move at the pace of a marching man in the tropical summer heat, though troops close to the Aceh border on the west coast of Sumatra and within a 100 miles of the border on the east coast with little resistance.
Jakarta 3182men (3 battalions)
Sumetera 13148men (25 battalions)
August 19
Sumetera rebels surrender, though most rebel commanders contact and join rebels based in the Aceh province
Jakarta 3395men (3 battalions)
Sumetera 14387men (25 battalions)
Aceh 123men (1 battalion)
August 30
As August closes, to the vindication of the Premier, the World Market offers enough Leopard tanks to form 4 battalions. I am of course sent to meet with the World Market representative, who does insist that the Premier take more steps to improve the lot of his people. Our own polls indicate that his domestic popularity is hovering between 14 and 15%.
Richmonder
Sergeant

Re: The New Calipite

Post by Richmonder »

BigStone wrote: I wish you the best luck with that.
But i hope you don't succeed with it...
:-?
I just saw that the AI does not conduct airborne or seaborne operations. So I am not sure that I can lose, but considering I expect to have significant tech level disadvantages, the question becomes can I win against say Austrailia.

Honestly I was drawn to this scenario because I like amphibious and airborne operations....and we cannot start campaings in the carribean. When that happens, I assure you, I will be the first out there with the world domination minded Rastafari.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

:lol:

Good post...

And sorry for my first post ....i was a little bit affraid you meant it provocative :oops:
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: don't think it will start a flame war. Good AAR. As for AI airborne drops i have seen it only happen once. Long time ago with a older patch. It still maybe possible.
Richmonder
Sergeant

no good deed goes unpunished

Post by Richmonder »

Well my save game was deleted by my son, while I taught him to play.

So I need to start over.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: now that's funny. "Hey dad what does this do" Afterwards u smell something burning because he caused the breaker box to explode. :D

Return to “After Action Reports”