(SP) A Enemy stronghold In the Palm of my hands

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

(SP) A Enemy stronghold In the Palm of my hands

Post by ozmono2005 »

Single player
Campaign, start
German scenerio start
West Germany
Defaults were set except skill level was uped (I can't remember to what but I believe it was set at "hard" or "very hard"

Benelux(Friendly/Neutral(I mean neutral, good relations they weren't going to invade even for Benelux they weren't likely to invade)

Blue=Austria-Friendly/Neutal

Yellow=South Germany-At war

East Germany- At war(they were also at war with Poland so I was going to fight on that front for two wars as I was always going to end up at war with Poland once we carved pieces of East Germany for ourselves and were bordering

The Rest- Not relevant except Poland which as I said before was going to engage me regardless of what happened.

This isn't detailed like the other AARs but it happened about a month ago and I've been meaning to put it in here for awhile.

The rivers and mountains made it easy to SAFELY encircle there strong hold whilst not requiring many troops, (I needed them for a war with East Germany and than inevitabley Poland) Defensive positions were set up so I could control the bridges and after using Austrian Terriority as a safe passage to complete the encirclement they were at my mercy. See PIC below PS Also by only using a limited amount of troops and slowly but steadily getting a strangle hold on them instead of storming there capital, I was able to keep the WM relatively happy as I wasn't gobbling up land at extremely fast rates AND I managed to keep casualities low

The text in that image should read (Western dotted Line and the Eastern border was already neigboring my border) instead of "(Eastern dotted line and West was already done)"
further mistake in the image text is that it should simply say Artillery kept skirmishes at bay and encircling the stronghold instead of storming the bridges and creating bottlenecks made it easier to control the situation

At the end of the day the "Enemy stronghold was In the Palm of my hands"
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

Bridges are a very good bottleneck :wink:
But you ahve to keep an infantry unit prepared to get the amphibious ones :D
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: and some reserve fast ones to take out the airborne threats.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

I said I avoided it the bottlenecks

and the air wasn't a prob I slowly did it as I mentioned and that meant using my units that were of no use in the more open front in the East. So Garrison, TOW and AA units did the job

Plus the AI doesn't use ampibitious units so that wasn't a problem and all units that were mobile I wanted for the bigger war

As I say (there were going to be two wars in the East and I needed to be able to shift my fronts around incase of a bad scenerio)

I slowly tighted my hold, they were mine in the palm of my hands

Berg Maybe it is time for our MP I feel the need for some respect :wink: :-)

But its all general
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: When ever OZ when ever. Name time and day hopefully i can be there.
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

But thats the problem almost a complete 12 hour dif of time :-)

But Saturday from about 10am to 5pm would be good for me but that makes it about 1am - 6am on Saturday for you

So if your having a quite night on Friday and can get up earlish for a game we could do it than

How about it Berg?
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

sorry no can do that late at night. Have things i have to do saturday. :lol: i have to get up around 5 am just to have enough time to do em. and sunday doesn't look promising either. how about friday night before 12 am my time that mean u have to get up early but we can get a game in before i have to go asleep. If not we have to wait to next weekend i be free then. (i think).
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

Next weekend will be good for me aswell (I also have my doubts but it should be fine)

But Sundays no good for me it has to be Saturday. I'm guessing the later would suit you around 5pm (or about 5-7am for you) rather than 10pm? (being late at night for you on the friday)

Anyway just let me know in your time (and what exactly your time is +GMT) and I'll accomadate it provided it meets the window of oppertunity mentioned above

Also if thats okay are we to meet at gamespy?
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

well if i'm free next weekend at time be good. cing if i'm free i can play late if we have to. So friday or saturday next week i be in GS from 10 pm to around 1 am my time. that be GMT -6:00 if that helps.
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

Okay Berg, I think were all set, we have an 18hour difference I can only play on Saturday.(as I'll be most reliable then) Based on the times you mentioned I would prefer as early as possiable so if your starting at 10pm on Friday(your time) I'll be playing on 6pm Saturday (my time)

Cool?

If we could I'd like to get started a couple hours early though. Plus I think my GMT time may be out a little but I'll account for that. So if we give each other some leway we should meet up easy.

Half an hour to an hour leeway either way would be sufficient agreed?

PS the later I play on the Saturday the less reliable I'll be showing up. If you played from anywere between 5-9pm on your Friday making it between midday-5pm on my Saturday I would almost be able to guareentee it but the otherway should be okay aswell

Return to “After Action Reports”