King of the Seas

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

King of the Seas

Post by Decimatus »

On the world map I am running a little test with AI and power shortages.

1000 of my cruisers split up into 4 groups. 1 group for Europe, 1 group for S. America, 1 group for Africa, and 1 group for South Asia. Just floating along the coasts of these nations destroying every power plant in my range. All my missiles have run out already(got plenty stockpiled, just can't get them to the fleets :cry: ), but my DDX destroyers can hit targets 250km inland so it is a pretty good spread.

Europe is taking the worst hit so far, if only because they are the most densely packed so far. There isn't a powerplant left standing anywhere between Portugal and Germany, to include England. South asia has basically lost japan and all it's power plants to my horde of ships, but lack of fuel has hamperend my efforts there.(trip from hawaii sapped the tanks pretty bad) Africa is so sparsely populated that I destroyed maybe 4-5 powerplants before I ran out of fuel and had to stall while the captured ports repaired. Similar with S. America, but more destruction there.

It is hard to guage the exact effect right now(other than lowering of their DAR and MAR while I destroy them), but without a WM to supply units, money, and resources I expect half the world's production to grind to a screeching halt with the lack of power. I expect my war is having a twofold hit on their resources. They once had healthy surplusses of goods and resources, but now that they are cut short due to power loss, their trade prospects with other AI are likely shortened by a wide margin.

The lack of power is going to cause massive shortages in other goods which will have a direct effect on their DAR, and also a domino effect as shortages cause even more shortages. Also, all the units they are loosing along the shorelines is causing their MAR to drop. Especially with a casualty rating of 1500:10.

I expect they will all surrender to me eventually, and I won't even have to make a landing.

Main problem I have ran into is resupplying my ships with ammo and missiles. Fuel isn't as big a concern as ammo, since I have been able to capture various ports(and they actually repaired.... wonder what unit of mine allowed that to happen, aircraft carriers or general transport ships?). The fuel seems to restock much faster than the ammo.

I will continue rampaging across the world in the next few days, but progress is slow with all the activity.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

It would be very cool if you could get every region to fold this way.

How do you keep all your ships in the tiny strip of supplied water along the shores ?

Do you find yourself doing any "ship rescues" ?Having to send supply ships directly to ships that are completely "dead in the water" due to supply issues ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

The ships tend to want to stay in the enemy water rather than moving through WM waters. Unless there are too many ships and they are stacked all over the place.

I haven't used any supply ships, and the AE/AOE troops ships and CVNs I have with the fleet don't seem to do much along those lines. Some ships get left behind along the way, but eventually I forget about them, and find them later after a pier is built near them and they get supplied again.
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

I have kept my fleets moving, and now I am on my way through the mediterainean, and past denmark.

Thinking about starting my game up in MP mode, just so I can get a good look at Europe's production capabilities at this point. :P

I have found that if you take all the sea ports/piers in the water, their borders won't grow out into the water any more which is kind of nice. There isn't a power plant, unit, or land base left in England.

I destroyed Burssels in about 18 hours with a good barrage from my ships, but unfortunately, Europe didn't seem to take a big of a DAR/MAR hit as if I had actually captured the city.

Overall, the DAR/MAR haven't been dropping at all as fast as I would like. However, the game has been moving at a rather slow speed with the amount of fighting going on around the world.

Some other problems that I have seen. Supply lines should extend over WM waters. In fact, why is there even WM waters in the world map? They just get in the way. I mean, I have a pier sitting in Japan, and not more than 50 miles away in Korea, my fleet is cut off from supplies simply because there is that thin strip of WM water.

Either WM water should not impede supplies, or I should be able to capture their hexes. So far, I am quite sure the WM is the most annoying and obtrusive thing in this game.
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Loaded up Europe in MP mode.

Their Power Demand: 11,000,000
Their Power Production: 1,600,000 :)

Petrol Demand: 36,000,000
Petrol Production: 7,000,000 :) (I haven't really touched any of their petrol production, other than their offshore platforms in the north sea, which might have a large impact on this, but then again so might their power problems)

Consumer Demand: 250,000
Consumer Production: 70,000

Industrial Demand: 140,000
Industrial Production: 40,000

Military Demand: 10,000
Military Production: 3,000

Once I have control over all of their shores, they only be able to produce a mere trickle of military units, though they currently have 2500 land units, which will still be a problem should I decide to try a land invasion. Hopefully they will degrade to the point of surrender from my naval campaign.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Ur not the king of the sea no more. Ur not after what i just did. My 25 Zumwalts aganist over 1000 ships of all classes. The first day i killed over 500. My ships keep firing and the other regions keep dying. 3 days later i still had all 25 ships and not a scratch on em. That was fun. :lol:

Bergsjaeger= mountain hunter
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Great, but your 25 Zumwalts are nothing compared to my 500 Zumwalts, 1000 Ticonderogas and Burkes, 50 Nimitz, 200 Virginia subs and 5000 harpoons I have loaded into my ships. :wink:

I mean, if you think your Zums could take on all my Zums+friends, I do believe you are mistaken. :)

Sounds more like you are king of a lake. :D
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Knew that get ur attetion. But u got to remember this wasn't in the world map. Actaully i got more than 25 zumwalt just i don't have em all listed like u. And i never used one harpoon missle now beat that.

Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

bergsjaeger wrote:And i never used one harpoon missle now beat that.
I never used 1 either, my ships like to fire 500 at each boat they come across. :lol:
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: well guess u can beat that. I have harpoons but i load them on to the man-o-steel subs.

Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

I don't know, there is just something about the Man o Steel subs that I don't like... maybe it is the name. :P
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Decimatus wrote:
bergsjaeger wrote:And i never used one harpoon missle now beat that.
I never used 1 either, my ships like to fire 500 at each boat they come across. :lol:

Hahhahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahah.Sounds like my aircraft :lol:
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
deanco
Major

Post by deanco »

bergsjaeger wrote::lol: Ur not the king of the sea no more. Ur not after what i just did. My 25 Zumwalts aganist over 1000 ships of all classes. The first day i killed over 500. My ships keep firing and the other regions keep dying. 3 days later i still had all 25 ships and not a scratch on em. That was fun. :lol:
Decimatus wrote:Great, but your 25 Zumwalts are nothing compared to my 500 Zumwalts, 1000 Ticonderogas and Burkes, 50 Nimitz, 200 Virginia subs and 5000 harpoons I have loaded into my ships. :wink:

I mean, if you think your Zums could take on all my Zums+friends, I do believe you are mistaken. :)

Sounds more like you are king of a lake. :D
Oh yeah?? Well I have 5 ZILLION Zumwalts!!!!! And I did it with one hand tied behind my back!!!!!!!

AND BLINDFOLDED!!!!!!!!!!!

DeanCo-- :lol:
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

The thing i like about the Zumwalt is its stealth ship. Don't believe me then try this. Take some zum's and a transport ship and put em all right at the sea border with any other region. Save ur game switch to that region then look at where ur ships are. all u'll see is the transport ship and not a zum.

Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

The thing I like about the Zums is their 280km attack range, and 350km air defense range. :P

Return to “After Action Reports”