A Soldier's Tale

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

You know what just for that i think ill nuke Mobile.
Go Home and Die
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: fine by me. As long as u don't nuke where i live.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

December 26th, 2010

Been nearly 2 weeks since I added anything. Been busy going over plans with Major Foley after my company and me made it to Montgomery finally. We had to make pit stops along the way. The plans seem alright. Everything is planned finally after we know who we will face after the first of the year. Arkansas which is made up of Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana , Florida, Kentucky which is made up of Kentucky, Virginia, and West Virginia , and the Carolinas which is made up of North and South Carolina. Of the 4, Arkansas and Florida are the only 2 the 1st Corps have to watch. Its funny I been to Florida only once in my life and never thought I return there and never really wanted to. The way it looks I might have to though. Well for the next few days I’m going to drill my men. Have to refresh the veterans and see how well the new ones are. I hope I can bring more of them back then I did in the last 2 wars. Everyone seems in high spirits even with an uncertain future. Everyone laughing and carrying on which is good even if some are getting too drunk. Christmas was actually fun this year nothing like last year and to be honest I really never want to go home now because I feel like I always belong in the military and hate to leave it now. Besides the pay is good. My men even bought me gifts with some of the money they got. Which was nice but the gifts be reminders if they get killed in some war. I understand though it’s the thought. Some even said I was like a older brother and the unit was like a family. I guess it is. That may explain why I hate to see any of my men killed. Sadly some will if a war happens. Maybe now I can deal with it a little more since I know what it feels like. Maybe its just me getting soft from not being in action. Which I miss for some strange reason. I wonder how it be someday when there is no wars left to fight. Will I return to being a farmer or go crazy because I miss the action. I admit if I survive every war, a simple life be nice. I don’t mean a nice house, wife, kids, and the whole works. Just somewhere quite and peaceful where I can live my life in peace and hopefully forget all the horror I have and will witness. A place where I can live my life without having to raise my fist against another person nor have to look at another person down my gun sights. Far fetched maybe but I can always hope for it. But that’s the future and this is now. As for now got to look over the plans some more and go drill my men some.

Capt. G.L.M.

December 29th, 2010

Well Governor Baxley made her State of the Union address last night. Was alright I guess. She said the country is back on course finally after all the trouble that has happened in the past few years. I guess it is seeing nearly everyone has a job of some type now. Plus there seems money more moving around now. Nearly 200 thousand soldiers help with that some. We all got lots of money to spend on something it seems. Can’t complain with the pay. More than I was making before I got into the military. As for the rest of the address. Governor Baxley did mention about what might happen after the first of the year. I have to admit she didn’t seem afraid of what could happen if there is a war. I think she know we will win it I guess. I hope that’s true. Either way my company along with the rest of the battalion is ready for any war. A lot of the new kids said it was an honor to serve in the 1st battalion. Seems everyone wants to know about the battalion and what it has done. Think the battalion has become legendary. Even little kids that see us ask us are we part of the “Cougars” battalion. Some of the kids have asked me who the “Crimson Ghost” was. I just smile at them and say he’s around here somewhere. I hope that there isn’t any wars 10 years from now. These kids I see running around might end up being involved in the wars as soldiers. There is always hope I guess.

Capt. G.L.M.

January 1st, 2011

Well a new year and probably new unseen problems. There is another reunify vote expected in a couple years. I’m not sure if it will come to past peacefully. However on a lighter side we gained an ally. Arkansas has signed an alliance with us. So now Arkansas is our friend and the 1st Corp has only one target now and that is Florida. I’m glad Ark is our friend. They at least have a navy and hopefully will use it to distract Florida’s navy if there’s a war between us. I really hope so because that Floridian navy will tear the 1st Corps to shreds if their not dealt with. The 1st battalion’s orders are to take any land west of Tallahassee ,which is the capital of Florida. We will have the 2nd and 4th armor, 13th and 19th Light infantry, and the 2nd and 4th medium infantry along with us as well as the 1st and 5th Paladin arty. This supposedly is the 1st brigade of the 2nd army. The rest of the Corps orders are similar. Except the 3rd, 4th and 6th armies will try to seize and hold Tallahassee itself. If the records and intel are right we should be outnumbering the Floridians 2 to 1. Aside from the Floridian navy. The 1st brigade will have the 2nd AH-64 squad, 2nd and 4th A-10 squad, and the 1st F-16 squad as air support. The problem with the air support is their grounded until the Floridian navy is sunk. Makes sense I guess. The air support will do us no good if they getting shot out of the sky. So its down to grinding our way through and hopefully never come under naval attacks. Another problem with the air support being grounded is that there is an airstrip to the south of where we will kick off an attack. I bet there is aircraft there and some of them will sortie out after us. Still we will have to attack if there’s a war. I just hope the new recruits can handle it. Well I wanted to be back in the action. I guess I got my wish if there is a war.

Capt. G.L.M.

January 4th, 2011

Something been bothering me for the pass 3 days. Was reading a book that I acquired while I was in Georgia during the war. Not sure who the author is because the book was nearly burnt completely up. It still has pages that I can read. I happened upon on page that still bothers me. Its not a real concern but its just eerie the way it read and the occurrences it describes. Simply.

“The Demon will fly dark skies when men slay men on a massive scale. Skirting the skies in black sheaths. The Demon will destroy everything in its wake. In a short while the Demon will be knocked from the sky. Where it will hide its face from all the destruction. And from the hiding the Demon while become sick and die. However the Demon will rise again during the next period of chaos and from then on bring victory to the righteous side. But after all the carnage subside the Demon will die and will never rise again.”

I hate to jump to conclusions but there is only one man I can think of that fits this description and that is the one with the call sign “Demon” in our air force. Most of it has happened so far except the “next period” and the bringing of “victory to the righteous”. The Demon did fly dark skies because he flew at night sometimes during the wars. He got his call sign from all the destruction he caused at the start of the war with the Tens and after he got this call sign, he had his A-10 painted black. Which is where I guess the “black sheaths” comes in. He was shot down and hid. He got sick from the food he ate and was pretty much dead when the patrol found him but he’s better now. I think they said he was through being an A-10 pilot. Think they said he wanted to join up with one of the F-15 squads up north that were attached to the 1st Corps. But if this is a prediction of some kind the author is very close to the truth. If so then our military is the righteous. Not sure what that means. I guess some day I will find out. But the part that gets me is the “Demon” will die when the fighting is over and will be dead for good. So if our “Demon” is the one described. When he dies that will be the sign that all the wars will be over. I guess so if this is true. Right now though I need to get this off my mind. The unit is about to the Alabama/Florida line. Maybe digging in and watching everything will help me quit this cursed thinking.

Capt. G.L.M
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Something new. Enjoy. I had to go back and replay the campaign as Alabama to get a bearing to write more for this AAR. And of course had to find time to write something to add.

2:30 pm January 6th, 2011

There hasn’t been much that has happened in the last couple days. I admit it’s boring sitting here watching absolutely nothing. The unit hasn’t seen a single Floridian. Not even the civilians. Which is odd. I figured at least someone would come up and would ask what are we doing. The only thing that is making the time go by is the radio. I been listening to the radio with a lot of the other men. Looks like there’s wars everywhere in the world. I’m not surprised where some of the wars are happening at. If things keep going like they are we be fighting somewhere across the world one day. That is still someday though. The only thing I seen that was interesting was the “Demon”. He flew over our position yesterday while on one of his patrols. I knew it was him because the F-15 was painted black which will be his wings color sooner or later. It seemed anyone else that saw him knew it was him too. Some even cheered as he went over. Its amazing how much respect he has gotten when no one here has ever seen his face. There’s some funny tells about what he looks like. Some even described him as looking like a real demon. I laughed at the ones that tell me such rumors. He’s just a man with lots of guts. Maybe someday when the units needed such courage, one of us will be that brave. We may get our chance if a war’s in the near future. Also a lot of the men have been getting letters from home. Its funny how different the men act after they get the letters. They were bored and some looked depressed. After the letters they go about the day laughing and full of energy. I have seen some though go off by themselves. I figure they wanted to be alone while reading the letters. Later some of them come back with their eyes red and puffy as if they been crying. I know I never get a letter but that’s alright. I’m with my family now. That’s what they are to me. Their all I have left in life now.

Capt. G.L.M

6:00 pm January 8th, 2011

Well there seems some jealous is rising within the1st battalion. The captains of the other 3 companies have went to Major Folley. The captains want some glory for themselves and their companies. Even requested if there’s a war they want to be sent in first before my unit even gets to fight. Maybe its just me but I thought we all fought in the wars. Course these captains are new to the unit. They came over from 3 of the other LI units since I‘m the only captain left from the original get go and the higher ups didn‘t want to promote Lt‘s. Wished they at least let Medan become a captain in one of these companies. Well if these captains want glory I won’t stand in their way. Besides it’s the only way green captains will learn how to lead or have a very short career. Which ever one comes first. But I wish they realize they be needing my company one of these days. I just hope its not when the captains about to lead all their men to their deaths. Which I do the opposite. If it took me getting killed for all my men to stay alive I would. I just don’t want to see my men killed again. War will let me see them get killed though.

Capt. G.L.M.

1:30 pm January 9th, 2011

Finally word came. There is going to be a war. Ark representatives been meeting with ours in Montgomery since the alliance was formed. They been planning a war with Florida since Florida sent word that it won‘t sit by as the regions ally against it. Said it will declare a state of war between either Ark or us if not both of us if the Alliance is still in affect by February 1st. Seems Ark will deal with everything on the seas and support our land invasion. Still I don’t trust Ark that much yet. The Corps attack plans are still the same. Push to Pensacola, take control of the area, then head east as fast as possible. Simple and sounds easy. But I learned nothing’s easy in war. The date of the attack is set to start 2 days from now. January 11th 12 pm or 5-1-12a. Seem the arty and aircraft will start the war first then the rest of us will roll in. Right now I have my men dug in right up on the border with the rest of the battalion. Everything’s ready far as I can see. Hummers full of gas and fully armed. We’re ready to go when words comes to attack. And now I can’t sleep nor sit still. Its as if I’m going to enjoy going to war.

9:00 pm January 10th, 2011

Still can’t sleep. Major Folley came by a little while ago. He seemed as anxious as I am. He went over where every unit should be when the war starts. My company is to stay back until the other companies are well on their way. Well I thought the captains got him to cave over their request and I asked him about it. He just said that’s what the plans say but really he wants my unit to lead the way. He said the other companies will know whose in front. I asked how would they know and he said they just will. After he left I went out and checked how my company was doing. Most of them were asleep except a few I saw running around the hummer I be riding in. I went up and asked them what were they doing. One of them told me “What the major told us to do, Sir”. They were painting my hummer a dark color of some sort. Couldn’t tell because it was after dark. So I shined my flashlight on the hummer. They were painting the thing crimson. I just laughed silently and left shaking my head while I let them continue their business. Either the major has a sense of humor or wants to make a statement to the other captains. Maybe now I can get some sleep. Big day tomorrow. The only thing I’m worried about is us attacking in broad daylight. I need some sleep just to help me think tomorrow how I be able to deal with that since I be leading the way for the whole battalion now it seems. What fun I’ll have tomorrow.

Capt. G.L.M.
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

This is good berg, keep it up!! :-)
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Wish i had the head banging smiley. Because that's how I feel sometime when I try to write something new to add. As I said it will continue. Just it will take awhile sometimes to move the story along. I already know the ending. I'm just working toward the ending. Which be awhile. As I said the 1st battalion I had for every scenario. That unit was the elite of the elite. Just a spoiler. With that battalion I took on 5 Chinese tank battalions and not going to say how the fight ended. :D
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Well something new. Enjoy. I was able to get something written to add early. i'm trying to get this scenario done at one time. Will take awhile though. Until then here's preview i guess u call it.

9:00am January 11, 2011

3 hours to go. I slept some last night but it didn’t help me clear my head. I did however this morning told my company we be the first infantry unit across the border out of the 1st Corps and to expect to fight the second we cross the border. But there’s good news about the our plan of attack. The 1st armor has been ordered to take the lead while the “Cougars” follow along behind. Right now all of the tanks are lined up 2 wide 28 deep. There was a decision to let the tanks fan out when they got 20 miles within Florida. The “Cougars” are to fan out too. My company is to follow along behind just 4 of the tanks. Those 4 tanks are suppose to bust their way through anything that gets in their way and we are to sweep the areas of battle clean of any resistance. Along the way Captain Scales ,the leader of the 4 tanks, and I have say so in directing air strikes and artillery fire, unless both us get killed. I am nervous is all I can say. I’m not showing it because it will make my men even more nervous. I didn’t think I would get nervous anymore. Maybe its just the hype of the expected war. I bet General Harbarce to make a speech shortly. I’m curious to what he has to say. He’s been the key leader in planning the war with Florida. The only person he has to answer to is Richard Byrd, which is the new Secretary of Defense. Seems General Harbarce will have a desk job after this war. I admit he’ll be missed. He lead the “Cougars” in the Ten war. At least he knew what he was doing compared to that so call General we had at the beginning of the Geo war. I just wonder who be our new General when Harbarce is gone. Well speak of the devil in sense. Harbarce is about to make a speech. Might put in this journal what he said if I get time.

Capt. G.L.M.

11:30 pm January 11, 2011

Just got a few minutes before we head out. Seems the war went ahead of schedule and this might be my last thoughts. Never know what will happen in this war. Thought I put in what the Harbarce said as well. Which be easy since they gave us a letter of his speech.

“ To day’s the day. Gentlemen you know what your are asked to do and you know how to complete your mission. Your training you have went through after the last two wars was not in vain. It has kept you combat ready for such a day as today. We are on the eve of yet another war. We were told that if our alliance with our friends in Arkansas is still in affect by the end of the month, our friends and us will expect a war with Florida. We didn’t ask for this war. We did nothing to provoke a war. We didn’t want to be dragged into a war. But today we have been. Florida wants war. So its up to us to give them what they want. Alabama has shown in the last two wars that we will not sit by and let rogue states bully us and defile our right to live in peace. We wish to avoid a war where innocent people will be victims and to spare the soldiers lives whose lives we must take because their so call leaders do not see their soldiers as men but more as cattle being led to a slaughter. Which is depressing. We will show mercy when we can but we will defend ourselves. I will not say that all of you will come back. I may not come back either. That’s war. No one knows who will live and who will not. A true soldier looks death in the eye without flitching. I have seen you men do such. You’re the bravest men I have ever commanded and I’m proud of you. We will all see this through. Blood and guts will be the cost for the defiance we will show the region and the world. The world will come to respect us and when they do. They will learn to never ask for a war they can never win because if they ask they will get it and it will cost they dearly. War’s about upon us yet again. Be prepared, be ready, be diligent, and most of all show the world we will not run from a fight and hide but face the fight like true men even if it leads to our destruction and deaths. ” signed General Michael Leon Harbarce.

After he finished his speech the arty opened up, and the planes and missiles flew over starting this war and if I‘m not mistake I can heard ships in the distance firing as well. Right now we’re just waiting order to start our attack. My men are ready and geared up. Hopefully by tomorrow if everything goes well we be in Pensacola enjoy the view of the ocean even with a war going on. Now I have to go find my hummer. Shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Capt. G.L.M.
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

Man if this forum ever goes kaput your AAR is screwed.
Go Home and Die
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

... we backup regularly :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

Thats good. This other forum i go to got hacked and the admin had to use a backup from april and me an 6 other moderators lot our accounts.
Go Home and Die
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: true the forum version be dead but I still have it on my word processor. So I can keep typing it up and when the forum came back on line I could post what I completed. :wink: All 52 :o pages if I have to. This AAR is becoming a novel if I keep up, that is if I don't fry my brain from all the thinking. And it will continue. Trying to get most if not all of the next scenario finish before I post anything new. But I might post something early so the ppl whose enjoying this can read the added stuff in less than a day. :D
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

something new early. Just the beginning. Hopeful I can finish this one scenario by next week. I'm on vacation again. :D

2:00 pm January 11th, 2011

Still no orders for the unit to advance. I’m edgy with the rest of my men. Our planes still are flying back and forth as well as the occasional missile. It looks like though that fewer and fewer planes are coming back. Either the Floridian navy is doing a number on our planes or there’s some kind AA systems about. I hope our planes cleared some kind of road out for us before the planes are grounded. This silence during this war is getting me nervous. I want to order my company to advance now. I might just order them to attack without orders.

Capt. G.L.M.

1:00 pm January 12th, 2011

Finally word came to advance around 4 pm yesterday. The tanks moved out as planned. The 1st infantry battalion was to wait 5 minutes after the last tank was out of sight before we advanced too. Before that 5 minutes came, we heard over the radio that the tanks ran into a Floridian garrison and were in a fierce fight. The Major of the tank battalion came over the comm and requested the 1st infantry battalion move up to support the tanks. So Major Folley ordered the battalion to move out. We made it about 10 miles from the tanks before we ourselves came under fire. Seeing my hummer was the first one in the left lane we took gun fire first from the left side of the road. I hollered for my whole company to blanket that side of the road while hummers in the other companies got orders from their captains to blasted the right side of the road. Either we killed all them or scared them off I thought because the firing stopped but I was wrong. We continued on and ever so often we heard pot shots hitting the hummer I was in or the ones around us. Along the way the gunners opened up on unseen shooters. Not sure if we even hit one because we didn’t stop to check. We finally got to the tanks 30 minutes late because Major Folley decided to slow down and clear the way for supporting units. When we got to the tanks. I had all but my drivers and gunners in my company dismount the hummers while the rest of the battalion stayed in the their hummers and moved up to support the tanks. Major Folley ordered my company and me to clear some buildings off in a field beside the road but before we even got a quarter mile off the road there came roaring sounds from the south. I knew it might not be our planes so I ordered my company to get down. Before I got down myself I heard explosions behind me. I turned to see what was happening. Tanks and hummers were getting blasted all over the road. Both battalions turned to head back north and I heard Major Folley ordering a retreat back north over the radio and the tank battalions captain order a retreat too. In the retreat still tanks and hummers were being hit. I told the ones in the hummers that were in my company to get out of the area as fast as they could and the rest of us will get out of here on foot. I heard more roaring coming from the north. I hoped it was our planes this time but I was careful and told the men with me to get into the woods close by. As the northern planes came over I couldn’t tell which side they were on but they were ours because a major dog fight ensue. The dog fight amazed me. I came out of the woods and watch the fight. I never seen such a thing. I guess a lot of my men hadn’t either. A lot of them came out to where I was in the field. We watched the fight. It was like a dance. A deadly dance were if one miss stepped once, it be his last. The dog fight lasted over 20 minutes. I counted over 20 shot down. Not sure if all of them were ours or not. Finally the Floridian fighters had enough and left going south. It looked like they got the worse of the fight. After the fight our planes circled the area for awhile and headed back north. After the fight I looked at were the fighting happened because it amazed me so much. The contrails of the fighters laced and drawn across the sky. It looked like a strange figure of some sort. After standing there a minute I told my men to head out north. We stopped 10 miles south of the border. I figured it be safe if we had to stayed in the woods during the night. I got orders this morning on the radio to stay put and the battalion be back to pick us up when it gets dark today. That be another 7 hours from now. I thought about heading out toward the road to watch it just in case the Floridians try to counter attack. I might as well order it. So we can watch for the battalion to pull up and give us something to do for 7 hours. Also on the radio I got the causality report. Just in our attack we lost between to 2 battalions was 260 men killed with another 100 injured. Across the whole line it was over 800 men dead with another 900 injured. Seems most of the loses were taken at the Floridian capital. A couple of the ones killed were the driver and gunner that were in the hummer I was riding in. Something big and red makes a good target for flyboys. I hope the major doesn’t order the men to paint another hummer for me. I’ll feel like I got a target on me. And it looks like we won’t be seeing the ocean in another day. I was so looking forward to that. Seems the war won’t be as easy as the higher ups thought. It seems though we will win eventually. Our numbers are to great for Florida to deal with. Just hope the higher ups don’t start the mass wave. Well anyways need to get my company dug in along the road just in case we have to fight any in the next 7 hours. Just I don’t like to retreat and I bet my men feel the same way. Probably the whole battalion. But there’s a first for everything and maybe not the last time either.

Capt G.L.M.
Last edited by bergsjaeger on Aug 11 2006, edited 2 times in total.
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

:roll: To tell you the truth berg i can never finish reading this aar because i hate spending more then 6 mins looking at tiny letters on a screen.
Go Home and Die
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: So ur saying I need to use bigger letters. Well alright I will then. Not sure how much bigger it will make this thread but if it helps ppl to enjoy reading it then I'll change it.

tried to change it but the next font size was to big. Sorry but the letters have to stay this size.
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

No its not that its just very time consuming to read it in forum format rather then in a book in my hands.
Go Home and Die

Return to “After Action Reports”