A Soldier's Tale

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

September 7, 2010

Another day. We finally got a radio that works. Luckily the Geo’s had one with them and we manage not to shoot it. The problem is we can hear what is being said but we can’t send anything out. If we can then anyone on the Alabama side is ignoring us. We are surrounded like I believe we were. The strange thing is the only army that is still trying to push through is the 1st army. Seems the battalions that were in the 1st mountain division are driving the push. Well they are our comrades but I don’t know if they know we are surrounded. They haven’t said anything about us. Hopefully they can make it here quick. We are low on everything except ammo. I’m glad the Geo’s use the same guns as us. As for water and food seems the men we fought were either going to get more supplies or the Geo’s are having trouble with their supplies because we only found 3 canteens with water in them and no food. The injured won’t last too many more days. The dead around here are starting to rot and the stench is starting to be another problem. We could move but there isn’t any more buildings like this one around and this one is easy to defend. So if we did move we would leave ourselves in the open for awhile. There is another problem to this. The Geo air force still controls the sky’s above us. One of them will spot us if we move during the day. Maybe we will move tomorrow night. Right now I’m thinking about staying here on the roof for a little while longer and now we have an Alabama flag up here. Its just flapping in the wind. One of my men made it out of a white T-shirt. I didn’t ask how he made the red cross and I don’t want to know. These flashes I been seeing since we been here actually help me think some. Someday this will end. I’m sick already of war. This isn’t the life for me. But what life would I have if I wasn’t here. I know the answer. It be a lonely miserable life. Maybe if I live through all this I can take the experiences and make some kind of use out of them.

Capt. GLM

September 8, 2010

Well the plan to move I decided to cancel. I had to. There is no way we can move all the injured and keep from being seen by a Geo even the civilians that are still around here somewhere. Course there was a private today , along with the deacon as I call him, lift up the spirits of the men. The private found a violin somewhere around here and he started to play it. The deacon joined in with singing. The men were making requests. It was funny in a way here we were surrounded with a war going on all around us and we were having a concert. I made the deacon sing Amazing Grace again while the private played its tune. It was moving but after they got finished I got mad because I went to the radio to listen some. I found out why the 3rd army never showed up. Our general had the whole 3rd army retreat back to Rome and he wouldn’t leave Rome just because his tank was hit by a mortar and he got scared. If he came on like he should have we be all the way into Atlanta and the men that died in our last fight might be alive now. I don’t know who one of the general’s was but our general and the other were arguing. Our general refuse to leave Rome. He added that “the 1st battalion is destroyed by now and I don’t care if any of them is alive and if they are hopefully they be killed. It serves them right. I don‘t like units that don‘t follow my orders.” Well I think he made his death warrant because a lot of the 1st heard him. I won’t hold any of my men back. I might beat them to it. Right now though I plan to keep these men alive. Tomorrow is another day. If any of the 1st army gets close to us I plan to send a few of the men out to tell the 1st where we are. Maybe then we can leave this place for awhile. Well I’m going back up on the roof for the night. I haven’t slept since we came into this building and its funny I’m not even tired. That will change when I feel at easy again.

Capt. GLM

September 10, 2010

I woke yesterday to a sunny morning. It seemed I feel asleep during the night. I thought it was going to be another day. But after a few minutes just sitting on the roof I caught movement to the south. I got my binoculars out to see what it was. All I saw was something shiny. Then I heard a gun shot. A bullet flew right by my head. It was so close I heard it buzzing. I got down as low as I could on the roof and crawl through the door hollering for the men to get ready as another bullet went above me hitting the door. I told them to stay clear of the windows because the Geo’s had snipers. As I got down to the floor below me I saw my men either squatting by the windows are laying low as they could get. I got close to one window and tried to peer out. I saw men slowly moving toward us but that’s all I could see because another bullet struck the building right in front of my face. Luckily the building stopped it and I got out of view of those snipers. Those snipers were good. I had to make note of that. I had all the men on the top floor move down with me and every floor after I had the men on those floors to follow me. I plan to hold the Geo’s at the first floor. As we got to the first floor, there was grenades thrown into the windows. We piled back into the stairwell. After the grenades went off we came into the first floor. I got the men to line the wall to my left and right. I told them to shot anyone that came through the windows. Seeing that was the only ways in with all the bodies blocking the front door. After a few seconds some Geo’s poked their heads in. The last thing they saw was a barrage of guns blasting at them. Then all of the sudden geo soldiers started climbing through the windows. We keep blasting away. But they were too many. I holler for the men to fall back to the second floor. As we started to make it to the stairs the Geo’s inside started to open up on us. Men were falling all around me. A bullet struck me in the leg and I went down too. I rolled over to see Taylor over me firing at the Geo’s. I looked around to see a lot of the other men doing the same thing. Then I fell Taylor fall on me. He wasn’t moving. I moved him enough so I could get my pistol out I started to shoot at the Geo’s with it. Some of my men tried to get Taylor off me but they were struck by bullets and fell around me. I keep firing managing to hit a few. After a few seconds the firing stopped. There was a roaring that was getting close fast. Then when the roaring sounded like it was right by the building an Abram came through the wall of the building right where the Geo’s were. Then another and another. This caused the Geo’s to run away and it sounded like they were caught in the street because the tanks opened with their Mg’s. Some of my men managed to get Taylor off me even with wounded their selves. I told them to check Taylor first. He was alive but he won’t hold out for much longer with a bullet in his chest. After the Mg firing stopped one of the Abrams came back into the building and stopped. A Major came out of the tank. He came up to all of us and asked for the CO of the unit. All my men pointed at me. He came up shaking his head. He said “well you all were in a mess”. I simply said “We had it under control for the past week now” He wanted to know if I needed help out of here. I said “I won’t leave until all my men that are injured are out of here and gone to where they get help.” A medic bandaged me while the men started to load up on trucks that arrived. I limbed out of the building and 2 medics helped me on to one of the trucks. The major came up and said our unit did a heroic thing by holding the area and keep a lot of the Geo’s occupied until elements of the 1st army arrived to relieve us. That was strange they thought we were all dead until now. Now that we aren’t dead they see us as heroes. As we started to head back north I knew we were heading to Rome. As for the my men that weren’t injured I hope they don’t get into trouble with our general while I’m in this infirmary. I made up my mind if our general says the wrong thing to me I will let him know how much I hate him. The men I lost would be alive today if he came on like he should have. Well good news Taylor made it through surgery but he will never see activate duty again. Its better if he don’t because I have lost too many men already. The total dead in the incursion in Atlanta was 154 with another 253 injured in some way. A lot of the dead be alive now too if they could have got help sooner. The 1st battalion is battered but not destroyed. After all of us injured recoup then the 1st is to head back to Birmingham for some R and R and of course replacements. Maybe we can sit out the rest of this war. Now that the 1st army is knocking on Atlanta’s door then the war might be over soon. Hopefully it will be and there be no more wars for the 1st battalion but I doubt it.

Capt. GLM
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Gunner
Corporal

Post by Gunner »

This AAR is really great. You should defintely continue it!
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: oh i will continue it. Like I said i can continue it but its hard at times like now. Got so many ideas running in my head not sure which ones to use now or later. Also as i said it may take me time to continue but I will post something when its ready. :lol: never like to show something unfinish. :lol: the thing is if i told the entire story it would be 100's of replies. Had the 1st from the start of the game until i finally beat the world map. :lol: That was a 30 years game span and the 1st's experience is as high as it will go. It will continue it will just take me time to do it.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: I know been over a month adding anything to this. Had other things come up but I have been working on something to add the whole time and here it is. Hope everyone likes it.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

September 19, 2010

I hate being in this hospital . Nothing happens here except the usual soldier coming in injured. Guess I miss being in the fights. The doctor that looking after me said I be able to leave for Birmingham in a week. Guess my leg is healing but the down side is the rest of my life I will have a limp with the leg. The nurses don’t know it but I have been getting out of bed at night when they leave the room to go check other soldiers. I been limping around the compound here that the 3rd army set up just out side Rome. During the night I still see flashes to the south. The 1st army has taken most of Atlanta but the Geo’s are trying their best to take it all back. I been visiting Taylor a lot during the daytime. The first time I got a chance to visit him he wanted to know where his lucky helmet was. When I visit him I stay for hours. The talk is mostly about Taylor for the first few days. I learned a lot about Taylor’s life. After a few days of Taylor talking about himself he got me to talk about me. Everything I told him he laugh at saying he couldn’t believe it. I finally told him one day what I did before the war. He laugh so much that he hurt his chest and asked was I trying to kill him. I told him “no I’m serious and I wish you use the money in some good way.” I found out he gave the money to the deacon. Taylor is depressed because he wants to stay with the 1st battalion but the military leaders won’t let him. He be going home as soon as he is well enough to make the trip home. I haven’t ran into our general but I’m hoping I will. Found out a Colonel by the name Michael McCloud has taken over the 3rd army and the 3rd is planning to head south in a couple days. Well if the colonel is a real leader maybe the war be over by the end of this month.

Capt GLM

September 21, 2010

Just another day here at the hospital. Taylor gets to go home next week. I think he’s more depressed than happy about it. I admit I’m down about it too because I be losing a good soldier and a great friend. He said when I get a chance I should come by where he’ll be to check in on him and let him know how the unit is holding up. If I ever get a chance I’ll visit him but the way it looks I might not have any free time for awhile. The only one I know that can take his place in the unit is Medan. Medan should fill that position with ease. As for me I be able to leave for Birmingham in a couple days. If I have some free time on my way there I might stop by my home. Still wonder how it looks. Haven’t ran into our so call general yet. I know he’s still around here somewhere. I hope I run into him before I have to leave. Right now though I feel like relaxing some. Haven’t did that much and I bet I won’t be able to again for awhile.

Capt. GLM

September 23, 2010

Well I finally got a chance to tell our so call general how I felt about him. He brought it on. I ran into him right before I left for Birmingham. He had the nerve to ask me what unit I was in and how did I get injured. I just looked at him and told him “ I’m a captain from the 1st Light Infantry and how I got injured was because of your sorry ass, sir.” He then had the nerve to say “I don’t like your tone soldier.” That made it even worse and I wasn’t going to stand there and say nothing. “Like my tone? Well I really hate you, sir. You’re the worst leader I ever seen. I bet you couldn’t lead your way out of a cardboard box. I wouldn’t mind if you had a bullet put through your head right now. And I wouldn’t be surprised if some of my men are planning just that. My men lost a lot of friends in Atlanta because you being such a coward. You left us in Atlanta and we heard what you said over the radio wishing we were all dead. Never expect to lead my men or me again. Because if you do expect one of my men shooting you in the back. Now though we have a new C.O. and maybe it will be the end of you leading us, sir”. After saying what I had to say I looked him in the eye one last time, saluted him, and then limped away from him staring at my backside as I got on the bus. Actually I don’t even feel better telling him how I feel because it will never undo what has happened. The more I think about it the madder I get. Now I like to slap the man to the ground but I never get the chance because now I’m on my way to Birmingham and hopefully never see him again.

Capt. GLM

September 24, 2010

Well in Birmingham again. This is starting to feel like home. The military had a ceremony for all the men in the 1st. I think all my men got a medal of some type. I even got 2 purple hearts and a silver star. Got one purple heart for getting shot in the leg and the other for the bullet that just missed my head. As for the silver star. It was for getting my men to hold their ground in Atlanta. My NCO’s made recommendations for all the men in the unit. I made one too even if I had to lie a little. I made sure Taylor got the Dixie Star. It’s the least I could do for him. The ceremony was like a funeral to me. The one’s in charge of the ceremony read all the name’s of the men in the unit then they read the one’s not with us anymore. I had the private who played the violin and the deacon play “Amazing Grace” again. The music help set the mood. After the ceremony I told all the men to go get a much needed rest. Also the Secretary of Defense actually pulled me aside. He asked me all kinds of questions about myself. He said the military was thinking about making the 1st “The Heroic Battalion of Alabama”. They were going to print stories about us in papers and put us on the news so the people from Alabama and soldiers in the military can read and hear about us. He said it might give hope to the state and to the military. I’m not sure about that but never know it might. Then he asked do I want the promotion of Major. I declined the offer but I told him I like Major Folley to return and take back command of the 1st. He said “ I see to it but since you do not want the command I like to return you to action as soon as possible. How about a transfer to the 1st M.I. (Medium Infantry) until Major Folley has the 1st L.I. (Light Infantry) back in the fight and this isn’t your choice.” Well that was a turn of events. I got a chance to get out of the fight for awhile and I had to open my big mouth. Well now I get a week’s rest then I have to join up with the 1st M.I. But I got to admit it might be a new experience in a different unit. I just hope they don’t start a habit of moving me around. And besides I like wearing these ceremony uniforms. Their more comfortable than any battle fatigues. Course it might just be that no one’s around here with a bullet with my name on it. Right now though I better rest while I can I might not be able to next week. I might see how my men are doing. Be awhile before I see any of them again. If ever again.

October 1, 2010

Been dreading today. Finally caught up with the 1st M.I. south of Atlanta. The unit seems disorganized for some reason. The strangest thing happened. While I was limping up through the middle of their camp every soldier I came by saluted me even the other captains. When I got to Major Jeremy Kaiser I started to salute him but stopped me. He said “ You never have to do that around me nor none of the men from the 1st L.I. because all of you have earned my men and my respect. Not everyone would have stayed like you all did.” He gave me the 4th company to command since their captain was killed in the fight for Atlanta. Well I haven’t meet any of the men in the 4th yet but tomorrow I’ll learn what they are capable of. I’m planning some drills since there’s no plans to attack the Geo’s tomorrow. Maybe these men in this unit will be like the one’s in the 1st L.I. Maybe knowing these men well let me find out just that. Another thing I found out is I got a nickname now and the Geo’s gave it to me. The Major told me about it after I first meet him. The 1st M.I. been listening to the Geo’s radio chatter. They been calling me the “Crimson Ghost” because they been trying to find out who I was, how did I get into Atlanta with all my men and how did the unit manage to hold their ground by their selves against all odds. Some day I might let them know if they let me know where that colonel I’m still hunting is. But anyways got to plan for tomorrow. Either the men I’ll command will hate me or love me after tomorrow.

Capt. GLM
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

BIG ASS AAR GOOD WORK :D .
Go Home and Die
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

I TAKE THAT BACK I LIVE IN GORGIA :evil:
Go Home and Die
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: yes its long it took me awhile to get this far in this AAR and I been trying to get something ready to add I might have it ready this weekend. As for its length I have 37 :o pages on my word processor. :lol: Oh as for GA I usually have they as an ally now. :D Their units make good bullet magnets while I take Nashville.
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

well just to let ya know alabama was once territoy owned by gorgia and still would be if it werent for thse cherrokees slowing us down
Go Home and Die
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Well that's true and as for Georiga it was started by criminals. :D But anywas was planning to add some to the AAR but been busy and top it off caught a major case of the flu. kinda the reason I been out of the loop on the forum.
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

it was started by general Jhon Oglethorpe
Go Home and Die
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Some thing new. This just completes one scenario. There is 3 more to go.

October 3, 2010

Well I can say the men I be commanding seem to know what they are doing. They just needed a well deserved push for them to see it. I know their nothing like the 1st L.I. But if they been in as many fights the 1st has been then the 1st M.I. might even be more dangerous in a fight than the 1st L.I. especially with all this extra hardware their carrying around. I might find ways to use it all sooner or later if I don’t have to return to the 1st L.I. by then. Either way the 1st M.I. has gotten word to move out. We be heading south east. Seems the whole army is heading the same way. The 1st army will be north of us while the 2 other armies be south of us. Georgia has be zoned into 4 areas now. The Atlanta, Columbus, Savannah, and Augusta areas due to them being the most populates areas. As of right now 2 of the areas is under Alabama’s control all that‘s left is the Savannah and Augusta areas. As it looks most of the army is heading into the Savannah area. Mainly because that’s the new capital of Georgia now. Hopefully the war be over by the end of the year.

Capt G.L.M

October 5, 2010

Well found out where that colonel I’m hunting is. He’s right there in the Augusta airport. Glad the military keep all the records we found while we were in Atlanta. The problem is I won’t be able to go that way until the Savannah area is under our control. That may be awhile and then there’s not guarantee he’ll still be there. I may never get him it seems but I still be hunting him. He can’t run forever.

Capt. G.L.M.

October 8, 2010

We took Macon base yesterday. Wasn’t much of a fight really. The only units there was a garrison. The funny thing about it is they had us caught in an ambush. We were on the road out in the open while they were in the woods around us. They started firing then stopped. The major wasn’t sure what to make of it. But after a eerie silence we saw white flags come up everywhere. The M.I. moved in and seen why the garrison surrendered. They were short on everything. The amount of ammo they had wasn’t enough to even slow us down. Now the garrison is moving to Atlanta with a couple squads from 1st company escorting them. The war for that garrison is over. Now they be feed everyday and have those soft beds to sleep in. Course they can’t go anywhere until the war is actually over and the way its seems it might already be over. Seems there’s good leaders in Georgia too. At least that major thought more of his men than some do. As of right now the 1st M.I. We’re sitting in Dublin while the other units line up for the last push into Savannah and the 2 squads from 1st company to return. Something tells me it won’t be much of a fight then again we might all be killed still.

Capt. G.L.M.

October 9, 2010

Well the whole military is ready. The 1st M.I. is to head straight for Savannah while the 2nd army takes Fort Stewart and the 3rd army takes Hunter AAF and Kings Bay naval facilities. As for the 1st army their to cover our northern flank and to keep any unknown Georgia units out of Fort Gordon from trying to retaken Atlanta. Well that’s the plan they gave to us today. It seems too simple maybe a little too simple. I can understand why. The higher ups think the war is already over. I still think the Geo’s got something their planning against us. But either way the kick off time be tomorrow around 6 am. So I guess we all find out if it be easy as they make it sound like.

Capt. G.L.M.

October 11, 2010

We took Savannah with no trouble. You think they would protect their capital a little better than that. I mean there wasn’t any kind of units here. The 2nd army is in some kind of a fight it looks like. We can hear them fighting from here. But we were told over the radio not to assist them but we are to head north and get as close to Augusta as possible even if we have to by pass any Geo units. By pass units? That would leave us exposed. But orders are orders. Even if I hate them. It does however get me one step closer to that colonel. And some good news in away. The 1st L.I. is coming to meet us at Alvin Vogtle Nuclear Power Plant. We are ordered to take the faculty before the 1st L.I. gets to us. The only problem is we be alone there for a couple days and the 1st army as moved north of Augusta. Fort Gordon is just a hop and skip away. If any Geo units are there they may come after us. So I guess the M.I. will get in a major fight after all. Until then we’re heading for that nuclear plant.

Capt. G.L.M.

October 12, 2010

Well I won’t get use to this. There was no geo units we encountered on the way to the plant and the plant itself was abandoned. I was looking for a fight here. Guess I won’t get it right now. It still seems too easy. I hope the other men here don’t get the idea that we are invincible or something. That base to the north has me nervous and until either the 1st L.I. gets here or the 2nd and 3rd army I‘ll be nervous. Until then I making sure my men dig in just in case the Geo’s decide to come after us. They complained about it being a waste of time. But if I’m right then at least we be half ready. Just hope we can handle it if the Geo’s attack us here.

Capt. G.L.M.

October 13, 2010

Well I was right about the Geo’s attacking. But it was just an recon unit from an engineer battalion it seems. They came within sight of the power plant and my men engaged them. The recon unit was driven off but I got the feeling the rest of the battalion is close by and not telling what else is with them. I hope we get some help here soon. I sense we got trouble coming if they don’t. I hope not.

Capt. G.L.M.

October 14, 2010

Finally the 2nd and 3rd army made it to us. As for the 1st L.I. their not in sight yet. Someone said they got held up in Milledgeville. I hope it something they can handle. As for the rest of us we are to surround Augusta outside of a 100 miles half circle. This must be it. After this the war be over for us all. But I wonder what lays ahead for us. I need to stop thinking about it right now I got this job to do. We are to head north until we actually can see Fort Gordon while the armies spread out to cover the whole line. When everyone’s ready the whole line will attack.

Capt. G.L.M.

October 17, 2010

Its strange in away. We sit here just watching the Geo’s in Fort Gordon. With the 1st National Guard and 4th Armor battalion to our west we could take this base but we are ordered not to attack except in defending ourselves. Seems some kind of diplomacy is going on. I hope it succeeds because I want it to be over with now without any blood shed. Found out what held up the 1st L.I. Seems a garrison was in Milledgeville. That garrison did just like the one we encountered. As of right now the 1st L.I. is just a hour drive from me. I might go see how their doing since there is complete silence in this war.
But I guess I can’t right now. Too much is a stake if we are attacked here.

Capt. G.L.M.

October 18, 2010

We have taken Fort Gordon. By accident anyways. Well that’s what we’ll tell the higher ups. It all started over the Geo’s deciding to use a mortar strike on us. Luckily we didn’t receive any causalities. In return the 1st paladin arty opened upon the base. But in the confusion the 1st Ng and 4th armor along with units from the 1st M.I. attacked the base. I ordered my men to attack when I saw everyone else going. We took the base in less than 20 minutes. Seems our arty took out what Geo’s were there or what was left fled to Augusta because we didn’t have any causalities in the attack either nor did we have any fire fights. Not sure how many Geo’s were killed looks like most were buried in all the debris. Of the one’s we could count the number came to 313. So much for diplomacy ending this war. When word gets out it looks like we have to end the war by force.

Capt. G.L.M.

October 19, 2010

Word just came for the whole army to attack Augusta since the Geo‘s restarted the fight. Finally after today it all might be over. Right now we all are moving to Augusta as fast as we can go. I could imagine the look of the Geo’s when they see 39 battalions heading straight for them. I’m heading for one place right now. I ordered my company to split off and head for Augusta airport. That colonel be mine today or I die trying.

Capt. G.L.M.

October 20, 2010

I can say the war is over now. Augusta fell at 12:39 pm. The death toll for the Geo’s was high over 1500 dead and I think still rising. As for our causalities we had over 400 killed and sadly to say still rising. This was just in the taken of Augusta. As for the airport. There’s things one would do and then there’s things one won’t. My company and me took the airport with little fighting. I think the Geo’s sent most of their men to Augusta to defend it. After we quarrel the geo soldiers we went about taken the airport over. Then I finally ran into the colonel in the main tower. He asked for the terms of surrender. I simply asked him his name. He was the one I was hunting. But I couldn’t bring myself to just shoot him right there. Then I started to think again. Killing in war is one thing. But what I wanted to do was murder. Even if this man ordered the air strikes that killed my brother and his family, he was a soldier like me and was given orders to issue the air strike orders. I can’t hold him responsible. Whoever gave the orders is. And if I’m not wrong whoever it is, is already dead or in jail for war crimes. So I guess I’m still hunting whoever it is. As for the colonel I had one of my lieutenants handle the colonel’s surrender. I had enough killing anyways. The colonel be tried for war crimes like the others will be. There will be justice but I never liked that kind of justice. As for now all Alabama units are to head for Montgomery. I however will make a trip home before I go to Montgomery then to Muscle Shoals. Then maybe after whatever’s going to happen in Montgomery, the military career for me be over. But I doubt it for some reason but at least there is no war for now.

Capt. G.L.M.

October 25, 2010

More ceremonies. I starting to hate them. Sure we won a couple wars. But everyone’s making the soldiers coming back heroes in one way or another. I know the families are glad to see their sons back alive safe and sound. A lot though will never see their sons again. In the wars on both sides there be over 30,000 families whose love one they never see again. I guess I’m sick of it all. But I have been given bad news that will make me even sicker in the future. I am to report back to the 1st L.I. by year’s end. Meaning I won’t be one of the 50,000 soldiers who get to go to home for good or until the need arises. Well I knew they made me sign a contract for some reason. I’m not even out of my first year and been in 2 wars and I still got at least 5 more to go. Well I don’t have anything to go home to away. I still feel though there be another war before I finally get out of here. That WM group is pushing a new reunify thing next year. Seems there’s more trouble in the future. If not a war something much worse. But I won’t let that bother me right now. I got until the 1st of the year to get to Birmingham. I got some graves I need to visit. Out of 1047 men who started in the 1st L.I. there is only 206 original men in it now. So its actually a lot of graves. Besides I need to let Lt. Taylor know I’m still alive.

Capt G.L.M.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Been over 2 months since I added anything. Been busy and relaxing. But anyways got something new to add. Enjoy.

November 1, 2010

The celebrations are still going on. I think there’s a parade in every little town in Alabama. I guess it makes sense because all the boys drafted came from everywhere in the state. I seen a lot of the celebration on my way to the Tennessee area. Right now I’m sitting in a small town outside Knoxville. The 1st was ordered to patrol the Tennessee area. Which was good because I wanted to come back anyways and the order helped me head to Tennessee. But I got to admit its really boring riding around but I do get to see the country without the fear of someone waiting to shot me. Then again there still maybe someone out there waiting. What was left of the unit is scattered all across the area. About half of the unit was in the 50,000 discharged. I have about 2 squads left in the 1st company. One of the squads is riding around with me on patrols and the other is close to Nashville and is under the command of Lt. Medan. At least he’s still around. I did get to visit some of the graves while on patrol. The bad part is some of the graves were dug up. Not sure if either the Ten’s hated us so bad to mess with the graves or the families of the ones dead had them moved. I might never know. All I know right now is these patrols are getting old fast. I guess I’m ready for some kind of action. Maybe after the first of the year I might get some action. Just hope its not a major war or something.

Capt. G.L.M.

November 4, 2010

I had a funny experience today while on patrol. I had my squad to stop by a old farm house around noon for a break from all the riding and driving. An old farmer was still living there. He came out of the house , shaking a shovel in the air, cussing at us. He came up to the hummer I was in telling us to get out of there. Then the man started to beat on the side of the hummer with the shovel. He was swinging the shovel so hard he broke the spade off the shovel. I think that made him madder. I opened my door just enough to talk to him. I asked him did he need any help fixing the shovel. He started cussing us even more. I felt bad for the farmer but I told my squad to just leave. I was scared the old man was going have a heart attack from all the excitement. I know now that not everyone in Tennessee will ever like us being around. I really don’t blame them for feeling that way. If it was reversed most Alabamians would feel the same way. Right now we are outside Lawrenceburg heading for a hotel in the town. I got to admit though I glad it was the hummer that got the beaten because it had several dents in it now. That old man really could hurt someone with a shovel if he’s not careful. I might go back someday to see how he’s doing and help him fix that shovel.

Capt. G.L.M.

November 21, 2010

Been awhile since I had a free day. Still going on patrols. Seems there is some idea that something might happen. Because my squad was reinforce with more men. Right now I have nearly a platoon under my command and the way it looks I have my old company under my command before it over. Some new faces but most of them I know. Seems they telling most to come back. Before its over the 50,000 that got to go home be coming back too. A lot has happened in the past 2 weeks. First thing was the decision to move the capital to Atlanta. Which makes sense in away. More political than anything. Seeing there’s more Georgians than the Alabamians and the Ten combine. It was just to smooth feathers. The geos been causing all kinds of trouble. From bombings to sniper attacks. Lost a lot men in all this. Luckily my unit was ordered to patrol Tennessee and I won‘t know where to start to fight the Geo insurgents. Not the typical kind of war but at least the Ten‘s are passive for now. And there was on most a outbreak of I guess u call it a civil war that might have turned into a full blown war. But at least James Riley was smart enough to fix the problem early. Course he’s the Lt. Governor right now but he might end up being governor before its all over. Course now the Geo’s are happy again. Maybe we will get along now. Also there was good news the “Demon” was found alive. Seems he ejected before his A-10 was destroyed. He held up in an old farm house outside Marietta for the past few months. He didn’t even know the war was over until an Alabamian patrol happened to come up searched the farm house where he was. They said he survived on canned vegetables but the vegetables were old and rotten. So they found the “Demon” gravely sick and he was now most dead when the patrol found him. But now he will hopefully be nursed back to health but he is having complications. Also now the 1st Mountain Division has been integrated into the 6 armies that right now is on the drawing boards. The “Cougars” will be part of 1st Corps, 2nd army, 1st Brigade. Which will be stationed in Mobile when everything is organized to the higher ups liken. The 1st Corps headquarters will be in Montgomery and will have the task of guarding the southern half of the region. The 2 other corps be in charge of the middle and northern parts of the region. At least now there is some organization with the army now. In the last 2 wars, we had, everything was planned on the fly. Maybe now if there’s a war we all might be a force to reckon with. Then again we all be send to our deaths for no reason at all. But that’s all in the future and then I will worry about it. But right now I’m just enjoying the country side and all the views. Maybe someday I’ll have nothing to worry about.

Capt. G.L.M.

December 13, 2010

There hasn’t been much that has happened in the past few weeks. All that has really happened is I am under the command of my company again. Most of the men are the same ones that were in the company right after the war. There isn’t a lot new faces but some. At least the new ones aren’t exactly kids. Seems all the units are getting back to full strength. Makes sense in a way. Because after the new year there will be a new reunify vote of the area. And that World Market thing is behind it again. Course there hasn’t been any info on who be involved in the reunify yet but it looks like the higher ups aren’t taking any chances. So it looks like a war will happen. Might as well get ready for it now. Which is the case it seems. There has been orders for all units in the 1st Corps to report in and make their way to Montgomery before the new year. Which I’m glad for the orders. Kind of getting sick of riding around anyways. But if a war is in the future I might as well get use to riding around a lot. But right now I give my men some time off because within a few days we all are heading to Montgomery and then all of them will be stuck in service for awhile. But I did at least visit Taylor before we headed south too far. Seems like he’s doing ok. But I doubt he ever will be able or allowed to join up again. He can’t even run 10 ft. without losing his breathe. I wish he was still in the unit though. He was a good friend and leader. He told me though he will try to join back up under a different name so they wouldn’t know it was him. Who knows he might succeed. He’s crazy enough to try it. I gave him his lucky helmet when I visited him. He about started to cry but started to laugh instead. Said it brought back memories. That was the reason I gave it to him. It made me think about the past too much. Maybe now I won’t think about things that already happened. A lot of them I want to forget.

Capt. G.L.M.
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

Stop invading my state :x .
Go Home and Die
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Haven't invaded it in awhile. Well I did try to make Georgia a state that wouldn't give up in a fight even after losing except when cooler heads actually talk to one another and work it out. But anyways don't worry Georgia won't be invaded anymore in this AAR. Because it doesn't exist anymore except the game call it US Georgia.

Return to “After Action Reports”