A Soldier's Tale

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

you should! this is a GREAT AAR!

please! please! please! please! please! please! please! PLEEEEEEAAASSSSEEEEE CONTINUE this AAR!!!!!!! 8)
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: ok well that's the kind of encouragemnet i need. But it maybe awhile have to get my thoughts together. It will continue.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

August 6, 2010
Finally got back to Birmingham. Never knew how much I missed just being in a place with a roof on it. I thinking about heading up where I lived before the war. Wondering how the place looks now. Bet the place is a mess. Over 2 months away no telling what I find. Maybe Major Folley let me have leave for a few days. At least the pays good in the army. After 2 months in here I made over 5000 dollars. I bet the men in my company will make more bets on what I did since they got some money. Well I’m tired of all them asking. I’m thinking about telling one of them but he got to give me a cut of the pot. Well got my medals. They added another purple heart to the list. The Dixie Star went to a soldier from the 3rd company. To bad he got killed trying to take Knoxville. The way he earned the Star took courage I admit. When we were attacked by the 2nd Ten armor while we were dug in pass the bridge on the rail way on our way to Memphis, the soldier made a run to one of the tanks that was in the field across from the 3rd company because they were out of LAW missiles. When he got close to it he jumped up on it and threw grenades in it. After they went off, he ran back to the line and asked for more grenades. He ran up to another tank through all the bullets flying by him and threw grenades in that tank. But as he went back to the line the 2nd time, a bullet hit him in the shoulder. He managed to get back to the line right as the 1st A-10 squadron started its strafing runs. He was sent back to the infirmary but he return to his unit before we took Knoxville. He was just a kid but he had some bravery. His medal was given to I guess his parents. Well anyways I need to go look up the major. Maybe he will let me leave for a few days.

Capt. GLM

August 7, 2010
Well it seems I won’t be going home for awhile. The major said he needs every able officer right now. I wonder why? As for some of the men in the 1st battalion. Any that aren’t officers have leave for a week. I wish I was one of them but oh well I might find something to do here. As for my company a lot of them have decided to stay. I keep trying to get them to go away for awhile but they keep saying if I don’t leave then they don’t. Well they are a stupid but dedicated bunch. Still they are stupid because if I was in their shoes I be heading out on the first ride I could find. Maybe I have learned them something. Haven’t figured out what I have taught them but at least they learned it. Think they looked up to me not sure why maybe its an older brother thing. Maybe I run them through some drills tomorrow. This relaxing feeling has me on the edge. I have got used to the feeling of someone looking at me through a scope. Maybe we will have peace into the reunify vote. That’s nearly 2 years away still. I still wonder what will happen when that day arrives. Well got to plan tomorrows exercises and maybe it will get the men to rethink staying here and not leaving for awhile.

Capt. GLM

August 8, 2010
I have never been so mad in my life. While I was directing my men through drills Major Folley came up in a hurry saying Georgia has declared war on Alabama. I knew this peace was too good to be true. The part he told me about Georgia invading the north east part of Alabama was what made me lose my head. That’s where I am from and I won’t stand by while some one takes away where I grew up at. I told my company to stop what they are doing and gear up. The major asked what am I doing. I told him I’m going to stop them. He said I was ordered to go with the rest of the battalion. I asked where are they going. The major said the battalion was going to Phoenix, Alabama which was in the mid east of Alabama. I asked who will cover the north. He just shook his head and said no one. No one? Not if I can help it. I told the Major that. He keep saying something as I walked to my company’s hummers. When I got to the front hummer I seen a driver already there. I told the driver to move over because I’m going to drive. He just looked at me. I think he seen I was mad because he moved in a hurry. As I got in I told my company over the comm. to follow me if they can. With that I left the base as fast I could. I think I threw gravel all over the hummer behind me. When I got on the interstate that ran from Birmingham all the way to Chattanooga. I was doing 90 miles per hour. My company was still behind me. I was passing everything on the road. When I got to Gadsden, Alabama I got off the interstate. I knew this place and all its roads.. Been here a lot in the past when I was younger. We went down the main street in Gadsden doing 70 and seen a cop on one of the off roads. He waved us on. Think he knew what was happening between Alabama and Georgia. As we left Gadsden we went through Hokes Bluff running 80. I was heading to one road and that was county road 71. The very road I lived on. As I got on 71 I hammered down. I was doing 90 through all the turns with the hummer. And still my company was with me. The men with me looked scared. I just smiled at them even if I was mad. As I got close to where I lived I slowed down and just looked at my place as I went by. The place was like I left it but with tall grass in the yard. Seen the horse I bought. He was fat. Guess he found something to eat. I will come back someday. After I got by my place I floored the hummer again. I think the men with me never realized they have just seen where I lived. Maybe they were still scared to death. But I was on a mission. If I could get to Bowgie Mountain then I could hold off any Georgian advance. I know that mountain by heart. So I went on through my home town of Centre running every red light. I got on highway 68 while I was still in Centre. 68 ran all the way to Summerville, Georgia itself. As I got to Cedar Bluff, Alabama I stayed on 68. I was heading to Gaylesville, Alabama. If I got there without running into any Georgia forces then they will be in a world of hurt. I made it to Gaylesville without seeing a single Geo soldier. I ran the only stop sign in Gaylesville. I was headed to Bowgie Mountain which was still 10 miles from Gaylesville and only 5 miles from the Georgia line. I made it to the off road that headed to Bowgie Mountain. The road lead to a dirt road that went into a place I use to hunt with my father when I was younger. As I got to the dirt road I seen it was blocked by a gate. So I ran through it with the hummer throwing the gate everywhere. I went up the dirt road until my company was out of sight of the main road. I stopped behind a hill and got out. My company came to me asking what are we doing. I simply said we are to hold this area. Then we heard a lot of motors coming down the paved road we just went down. I told the men to get in cover. As we were, Lt. Taylor came up and said it was the rest of the 1st battalion. I couldn’t believe it. I had to see for myself. As I came over the top of a hill we were behind I could see hummers after hummers coming up the road. The lead one had the “cougars” flag on it. They came up the dirt road we went up. As the first one got to us it stopped and out of the hummer came Major Folley. He walked up shaking his head and smiling. As he got to me he said “ Well were you trying to make a mess getting here. We just followed the frighten people on side of the roads to you.” Didn’t know if this was a good question or bad. Then he added “If your so devoted to holding this place then I guess the rest of us are along for the ride.” The major told me what he was trying to say when I was walking away from him. He wanted to get the ok for the 1st to go to north east Alabama so they could hold it. He asked what my plan was. Plan? Besides not letting one Geo soldier through the area. Told him that we need to watch 68 because that is the only main road through here and the Geo’s aren’t expecting this area to be watched so an attack will come through here because the Geo’s probably think this area isn’t worth defending by Alabama. Besides if it got to hot below we can always head for the top of Bowgie Mountain. One of the soldiers asked about the supply. The major said we wouldn’t get supplies for a couple weeks. That got the soldiers worried. We have supplies for maybe a week. Luckily I knew this place. So I told the soldiers not to worry that I could find something for them to eat if we run out. I added that the city boys might not like what I find. I liked saying that because I could tell who was from the city because of the way they responded. Right now the 2nd company is down off the piedmont watching 68 as the rest of the 1st is up in the foothills below Bowgie. I have 2 of my squads out hunting for game and Geo’s trying to slip through . If they have no luck with the game I guess I can show them some tricks later. As for right now I think about going for a walk in a place I haven’t been to for a long, long time.

Capt. GLM
Last edited by bergsjaeger on Oct 21 2005, edited 1 time in total.
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

I agree! Keep it up.
- David
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: well thanx. sorry i haven't added anything for a few days. Been busy but i try to get something on tomorrow.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

August 12, 2010
This place has been peaceful. That worries me. As I woke today I heard someone singing. I thought it was my imagination but as I looked around I saw a soldier singing. I asked him to sing Amazing Grace. He was pretty good. I told him to sing that more often. He was a deacon before he got drafted. I asked him why do he carry a gun and not a Chaplin. He just smiled and said “ Said he wasn‘t given the choice.” As we enjoy this vacation as I call it we got word that to the south things has gotten bad. The rest of the 1st Mountain has been absorbed into the 1st Army. The 1st Army is making a push through Phoenix, Alabama to Columbus, Georgia. Its going bad for the 1st army but the Georgia army there is losing ground. What’s making it hard is Fort Benning is just to the east of Columbus. Alabama has commissioned a 2nd Army which will attack to the south of the 1st Army. This is going to be a bloody war it seems. Luckily the 1st Battalion still has orders to hold the area we are right now. Since we seem to have down time I got a chance to visit my father’s and mother’s graves that where less than 5 miles from here. 2 soldiers out of my company wanted to come with me. I saw no harm in it. One of them even offered to drive for me. As I stood there looking at the graves I realized how alone I will be if there is no more wars after this. All I have left is the army. I picked 2 dogwood blooms I seen laying on the ground beside the church and placed the blooms on my parents graves. I told my parents I be safe and stay alive. The 2 soldiers just looked at me and said nothing. On the ride back they didn’t ask any questions. When we got back to camp the 2nd squad had dinner cooked. It seems it was something new and not MRE’s again. It seem like they finally got something on one of their patrols. Well time for some sleep. Tomorrow be another day of luxury.

Capt. GLM

August 14, 2010
Yesterday was scary and exciting at the same time. As I woke up yesterday it started to rain. I figured it be a changed for us. As the morning drew on we heard a lot of rumbling sounds. We thought it was just thunder in the distant but as it got toward noon the rain had stop but we were still hearing rumbling. Then we knew it was something coming either toward us or by us. I sent word for my company to go and reinforce the 2nd company, whose turn was to watch 68. As the sun came out, it burned away the fog that the rain caused. As the fog disappeared we could see all the fields below us. We didn’t see much at first but after a few minutes we saw a line of hummers then tanks coming up 68 out of the Georgia border. So I thought finally the Geo’s are coming. As they got close to where the 1st and 2nd company was they slowed. The 1st and 2nd took this as they have been spotted. So both companies opened up on the convoy. I saw hummers being hit by LAWs but after 5 minutes of firing it all stopped. The Geo’s sent their tanks up to where the hummers where smashed. That caused the 1st and 2nd to retreat to where we was. As the tanks got into the fields we saw behind them was a battalion of Paladins. Along a 3 mile line in the fields was 2 battalions of M1’s, a battalion of Paladins, and 2 battalions of infantry and they all faced us but they never fired. They seemed not sure where to attack. Then their Paladins opened up on us but their shells hit over a 1000 yards above us but where moving down closer to us. Then the firing stopped and someone came on the radio saying he was a colonel in the Georgia 3rd Army. He was asking us to surrender and they gave us 5 minutes to decide. A lot of the men just laughed, others looked scared. Major Folley came up to me and asked what would I do. What would I do? We were outnumbered and they had arty. We could have charged them but it would have been suicide and besides the reason why the 1st and 2nd quit firing LAWs was because they ran out of missiles. I told the major we have no choice if we attack then most of us will be killed and if we don’t surrender they would blow us away with their arty. The major just dropped his head and said “ I know”. He went over to the radio and stopped and looked at all the men. Then he picked up the mic and said “ We will surrender”. Another voice came over the radio. He said “ Why are you surrendering for?” The major just shook his head. It seemed like he didn’t want to say, “We have no hope.” He got on the mic and said that. The voice just laughed. We figure they are having a time with us. Then the voice came back on and said “ There is always hope.” Hope? Then we heard a roaring sound. All of us looked up. It was a black A-10 flying over. The legendary black A-10. I heard rumors about it and its pilot. All I know about the pilot is his call sign and the way he fights. The man was the only one out of the 1st A-10 squadron to survive the Ten war. He goes by the name “Demon” because he fights like one. As he passed overhead the men started to cheer because we knew what followed him and that was the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th A-10 Squadrons. As we lost sight of “Demon” we heard more roaring behind the other side of the mountain. The roaring got louder and louder. When it got to the point that the mountain seemed like it was being shaked by the roaring it went quite. Then all of the sudden A-10 after A-10 came over the mountain with their guns blazing. I tried counting them. I managed to get to 50 but then I lost count as I started to watch what was happening to the Geo’s. The A-10’s were blowing the whole area away. When the A-10s passed over the Geo’s we heard a loud roaring sound above us. We saw the demon diving straight down on the Geos with his guns blazing. He didn’t pull up into he was less than 100 yards from the ground. He went back up spinning as he went. The other A-10’s circled all over the place. As for “Demon” we didn’t see him. I looked at where the Geo’s where, there was total carnage. Not one vehicle could be recognized because they were so twisted. I saw 2 tanks trying to get away but they didn’t get far because the A-10’s got to them. Then it went quite. The “Demon” came back on the radio saying if we ever need him just give him a call and he be there. After all the A-10’s left we went down to where the Geo’s where. Not one of them survived. There was over 1500 men dead. We thought about burying them but we decided not to. We wanted them to be an example to the rest of the Geo’s who want to come through here. I guess it was good because we didn’t lost one man but had 7 injured and 5 Geo battalions have been wiped out. Right now we are still in the same spot. Heard that 2 Alabama battalions will make it here in a few days, one will be a M60 battalion and the other a light infantry battalion. As for me I’m thinking about going to help the 2nd squad on their patrols for awhile. Maybe we won’t go soft being here.

Capt. GLM
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

loving the AAR keep it up :-D
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

thanx. But it be week nearly before i can add anything. :D i'm going on a vacation.
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

this is a REALY GOOD AAR keep it up please 8)
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

August 15, 2010

I finally got some descent sleep last night. I’m not sure why but I did. Maybe I feel less nervous now. Well the guessing of my profession still goes on. Now the company has got the whole Battalion in the bet. Over 7000 dollars in the pot now. I haven’t found anyone who needs the money. If I do then he will win the bet because I have no need for money now. Most of the Battalion has been going through the Geo soldiers and vehicles. They think there are good equipment laying around. I admit they need better gear. I took the liberty of salvaging some gear yesterday while I was down there. I think I got better gear then what the rest of the Battalion will find. I hate taking stuff off dead men. It makes me feel like a vulture but being resourceful has its benefits. Like what I found. A pair of night visions goggles, which I been needing since I been in the army, a M-21 sniper rifle, which is like my hunting rifle back home but I got to check the scope to see if its still set, and a Desert Eagle, I took the liberty of taking it from the very colonel who asked us to surrender. Now with this new gear I have I might be able to stay out of danger now. Well the other men are coming back. I guess I can see what they found. Hopefully the 5th armor and 21st Light infantry will get here tomorrow. I admit I am uneasy about something. Maybe its because what we faced yesterday wasn’t all of the 3rd Geo army. Right now though I feel like bragging about my new gear and I got to check this scope. Hate to have to use and not know where I will hit at.

Capt. GLM

August 16, 2010

Well the 5th armor and 21st Light Infantry have arrived this morning as well as a supply battalion. We are told that we to become the 3rd Army until the war is over. A army? We not much bigger than a Brigade if not smaller. I guess it’s a deceptive move. Maybe it will scare the Geo’s some. The 3rd army is ordered to move on Summerville, Georgia then move southeast to Rome Georgia tomorrow. It’s a shame I will miss being here this place is like my real home maybe someday I can come back maybe even live here. I’m still wonder where the rest of the 3rd Geo army is. Heard the 1st and 2nd armies have broke through into Georgia. Well that’s good maybe the Geos will concentrate on those 2 armies and not us. The 1st army has had many causalities over 1000 dead and another 1500 injured but they did take Fort Benning and are only 200 miles from Atlanta itself and out of the 1st Mountain the 7th and 8th battalions were nearly lost. It must have got really bad to the south. As for the 2nd army they have only meet a few geo soldiers here and there but haven’t lost one man yet. Heard they will turn north and meet up with the 1st army. Something tells me we are all heading to Atlanta. I fear that day. I have been to Atlanta once in my life and I thought I would never go there again. If we do go to Atlanta it will be a bloody fight. I mean the Geo’s are dug in probably everywhere and they have most of their air force stationed there and there is a base around there somewhere. We have to take Atlanta though it’s the only way to end this war but if the Geo’s are like the Ten’s were they will keep moving their capital and we will have to take one after another. I just hope we all can survive this war. Right now I have to gear up for tomorrow. Its too bad that I couldn’t find more ammo for my M-21 or Desert Eagle, because I defiantly stay back some in any battles we have but I guess I can take my M-16 along just incase. Someday I guess this will all be over until then I have to be safe.

Capt. GLM

August 18, 2010

We took Summerville with no trouble at all. Not a single Geo soldier in sight. I would have felt better if we ran into something even a supply truck would have eased my feeling some. As we got into Rome it was a different story. As the 1st battalion was passing a coal power plant I have been by many times in the past I saw something moving up the stacks on the plant. I had my driver stop and I got my binoculars out to see what it was. I saw 2 geo snipers and a soldier with a LAW pointed at us. I hollered on the comm. for my company to get out of the hummers. That caused the rest of the battalion to stop and all the men get out too. As I got out a LAW went over me hitting a hummer on the other side of the road. The blast knocked me down. Then I heard bullets hitting the pavement around us. I looked up and saw flashes on top of the stacks, the snipers had opened up. The sound of the bullets caused all the men not hurt by the explosion crawl behind the other hummers. I just smiled. The snipers wanted to play. I crawled back into the hummer I was in and got my M-21. As I was crawling back out a bullet went by my head striking the seat I was in. I got down on the pavement and crawled to the edge of the road into some bushes there. I set up there looking through the scope. I could see all 3 soldiers right out in the open and the one with the LAW started to get up. I shot him through the neck causing him to fall into the stack. The 2 snipers went crazy trying to find me but I just sit still then one started to look my way, I shot him in the left eye. The last sniper got scared it seemed because he try to get up but I wanted him to stay so I shot him in the leg but I didn’t think he fall into the stack but he did. After I checked the plant to see if anyone else was around I got up and went back to the battalion. I ordered my company to go check the plant out and if they could see if the snipers had a M-21 and if they did take them. As they went to the plant the rest of the battalion got back into their hummers. The rest of the 3rd army finally showed up about that time. When my company got back finding no one else at the plant and 2 more M-21’s, the 3rd army moved on into Rome. As we came to the outskirts of Rome the 21st went down a road that lead to the north side of Rome as we keep on the same road. We were going down that road fine until the radio came alive with all kinds of gun fire, men hollering, and explosions. It was the 21st they ran into a Bradley battalion and were pinned down. So the 5th armor turned to help the 21st. As for the 1st battalion we went on with the supply battalion tagging along., crossing the Coosa river on the only bridge on this side of Rome. We hadn’t meet any Geo soldiers until we got to a crossing that lead to the same road that the 21st was on. Over a mile away we could see 6 bradleys and a lot soldiers coming our way. They saw us about the same time we saw them because the bradleys opened up on us. They hit 4 of the hummers in front of me with HE rounds. The major ordered everyone out except the gunners. Here we were out in the open with bradleys pinning us down. As quick as the firing started it stopped. We looked behind us and saw 16 M60’s coming over the Coosa river and as they came over they saw the bradleys as the bradleys saw them. Both sides opened up on one another 2 of the M60’s were hit but all 6 bradleys were wiped out. As we laid around and behind the hummers the tanks started toward the bradleys. Then LAWs started flying at the tanks knocking 3 more out. The rest of the tanks blanketed the area with MG fire some even fired HEAT rounds. When that was going on the major ordered everyone back into the hummers. We turn toward the M60’s and the gunners opened on the same area the M60’s were blasting. When we got close to where the Geo soldiers were firing we saw all but a hand full of them were dead. The rest were severely injured. So we stopped there as the 11 tanks went down the road to the 21st. We decided to help the injured and salvage any good equipment. We found a lot of good equipment. I think nearly all of the 1st has night vision goggles now. As for the injured Geos we loaded them up in 3 of the supply trucks and 2 squads from the 1st and sent them to Gadsden, Alabama. After a hour the 5th armor and what was left of the 21st came back up the road to us. The 21st had lost 500 men and another 200 were injured and the 5th armor lost 16 tanks. As for the 1st Battalion we lost 54 men with 15 injured. It seemed we ran into the Geo 2nd Bradley and 5th garrison. They were the part of the 3rd army I was wondering about. Now though the 3rd army is considered wiped out because the 2 battalion aren’t a threat anymore. I asked one of the tankers that was with the group that came over the bridge why did they show up where we were. He just said the other road was blocked with other tanks of the 5th. Well its good they showed up when they did because we would have been in a world of hurt and might have been wiped out. As for the 3rd army we are still sitting in Rome for now until reinforcements show up. Heard we be getting another tank battalion, 2 more light infantry battalion, a medium infantry battalion, and a M270 battalion with the replacements we hopefully receive. When they get here we are ordered to move on to Atlanta itself. I knew that would happen. As for calling the 3rd an army I guess I can when everyone gets here but for now I won’t and we are to dig in south of Rome in case a counter attack happens. So right now I got to go check the line and see if it ready. More sleeping in foxholes again. This time though I got the night vision to keep me occupied when I’m awake at night. Never had a pair. It might be fun playing around with them.

Capt. GLM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

August 20, 2010

The other battalions have finally arrived. I guess we be moving out tomorrow. The only battalion that isn’t going with us is the 21st light infantry. They are ordered to return to Montgomery. Well that’s good in a way. I mean out of 1040 men the 21st battalion in more like 2 under strength companies now and besides the men that are left have no morale any more. They lost their will to fight. The rest of us didn’t go down to where the 21st got ambushed. We heard stories about it. It got bad for the 21st and if it wasn’t for the 5th armor then the whole battalion might have been wiped out. I think the 21st buried all their dead because they were gone for most of the day. Hope they be ok. As for the rest of the 3rd army we are to go down Highway 411 until we get to Cartersville, Georgia then head down I-75 straight into Atlanta. The only town we might run into trouble at before we get to Atlanta is Marietta, Georgia and if I was a commander in Georgia I would be there and have a lot of hardware with me. Truly the Geo’s have heard about us to the North. Hopefully they don’t know what all is up here. This is going to be a mess. This will be nothing like Nashville. It will be worse and hopefully all of us will make it through this but realizing the reality of it a lot of us will never come home alive. I might not even make it through this. Seeing how the Geo’s fight this maybe a long war unless we can take Atlanta then it will destroy the Geo’s will to fight or at least make them lose hope. Well got to gear up. I have to expect the worse is coming. So I have to talk to all my men today. It might be the last time for me to do that or their last.

Capt. GLM

August 23, 2010

We made it through Cartersville with no trouble. Its strange though there was no Geo soldiers anywhere and not a single person anywhere either. Its like they just disappeared. The whole town was deserted. This to me is a bad sign. I know the town wasn’t worth defending but someone would think it been a good way to hold us back. Something tells me Marietta will be where we have to stop and fight. That town is too close to Atlanta. That worries me because we haven’t seen the Geo air force either and when we get close to Marietta the Geo air force will come after us but hopefully the 1st or 2nd army will get their attention. At least they got a Hercules AA somewhere to help them out. All we got is a hand full of stingers. Still even if the air force goes after the 2 other armies we still have to deal with them at sometime. Marietta probably be that sometime. Right now we are least than a 100 miles from Marietta and still going down the interstate. As for the 1st Battalion we are told we be the first to attack that town because we have more experience. That maybe true but we too have a lot of green troops too. I am lucky though all I have that are new is 3 kids. At least 50% of my men are vets of the Ten war. So maybe we be ok but still I don’t like this. We need to attack all at one time. I can see that and I haven’t been in the army that long. I really don’t like our new general. He came in with the 7th Armor. I think he wants to be recognized as a hero or something. Well he never will be one to me if he keeps making stupid decisions. Maybe General Cooper will learn to lead better in the next battles we’ll be in. Right now though I have to get my men ready just in case we face something at Marietta.

Capt GLM

August 25, 2010

I was right. The Geo’s had fortified Marietta. As we came into view of Marietta yesterday, the whole town lit up with flashes. Tracers were flying all around us and mortars started to rain down too. The major hollered “pull back” but General Cooper keep ordering “keep moving”. The major told us to move forward and the hummers in front of me were zeroed by the Mgs. The hummers were ripped to shreds then mortars landed all around them. I told my driver to “get out of here”. The major got the same idea and told the rest of the battalion to fall back but it was too late for some more hummers as they met the same fate. The General keep ordering us to keep moving but we didn’t listen. We managed to pull back 2 miles from Marietta and the general came up in one of the tanks. The major and the general had a talk. The major came back and told us to move up and dig in with in sight of Marietta. As we were starting to dig foxholes just out of the Geo’s sights the general ordered the 5th and 7th armor to attack Marietta. The tanks made it with a 100 yards of the town limits when LAWs and arty fire opened up on them. We couldn’t see what happened to the tanks because of all the smoke. After a few minutes we saw 10 tanks making their way to us. We could see they were ours but they were beat up pretty badly. That was what was left out of 2 battalions. Then the general ordered both the 1st medium and the 25th and 26th infantries to attack. They meet the same resistance we and the tanks saw. The major came up to me and asked would my company hold the line while the rest of the 1st helped in the attack. All I could say was sure. I watched as most of the 1st attacked behind the other infantries. All the units were being hit by all kinds of gun fire. Some hummers were hit by LAWs. Lt. Taylor came up and asked what should we do. I told him to hold this line for now. I watched the major’s hummer through my binoculars and it was being hit by Mg fire. Then it just stopped. Lt. Taylor must have been watching the same thing because he came back and asked what we do now. I just looked at my company. I knew a lot of us wouldn’t come back and I didn’t want to order what I want to order but I did. I told the men to fix bayonets and get ready to charge. We had to run a 300 yard gauntlet. I asked the men are they ready and they all just stood up. I told them to charge and scream with fury. The gun fire was intense and I saw soldiers drop around me but we keep going as we passed the majors hummer I holler at 2 soldiers to stop and check it. The rest of us keep charging we passed all the carnage and we saw a lot of the medium infantry still in the fight. My company still followed me and we managed to get to the medium infantry. We used the hummers as protection until we got close to all the Mgs that were firing and charged them as the medium infantry opened up on them. We got so close the Geo’s started to run away from the guns. I told the soldiers to man the guns. They did and the opened up on the running Geo’s killing everyone of them and the Geo‘s that stayed were getting shot at by their own guns. The tanks that were left started to come back and along with the medium infantry started to push into Marietta and I gather what was left of my company and followed the tanks and hummers. They stopped right at the City Hall building in the center of Marietta. I told my company to occupy the building. After sitting in the building for a hour what was left of the other units showed up. The 2 men I told to check the major’s hummer said he was ok but injured. He won’t be back into the action for awhile. Also I found out the other 3 captains were killed in the attack. Well great I thought now I have to run the Battalion until the major’s back. Some battalion it is now out of 1040 men 600 are still in this fight. Just the taking of Marietta cost the 3rd over 2200 men and another 500 are injured. In my company alone I lost 75 men. It would have been better if the general had used our arty before we attacked. Now I got to deal with him face to face until the major’s back. As for the 3rd army we are in Marietta right now and I got the 3rd company rounding up Geo soldiers if they can find any. The general ordered us to attack Atlanta next and not wait for reinforcements. I am tired of the general but we have to move on. Maybe the taking of Atlanta will end the blood shed.

Capt. GLM
Raize_Eagle
Corporal

Post by Raize_Eagle »

well great story but did u have make all of us dead? :lol: u should have at least left me alive for awhile. :lol:
Rangers all the way.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

It adds to the story u bein dead :lol: and sorry to everyone that likes this i been busy writing an essay for college. But I got some done so here it is

Also a side note i bet no one can guess how many pages this AAR is on my Microsoft Works Word Processor. Its 32 :o
Last edited by bergsjaeger on Jul 23 2005, edited 1 time in total.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

August 26, 2010

We still sitting in Marietta because we are almost out of fuel and we have to wait for some to get to us. I just hope there isn’t a counter attack for awhile. I have finally cracked. After we cleared the place of dead bodies I went to a building that had no one in it. I just sit there for awhile thinking being in a quite place would help me rest some but I started to think about things. First it was the life I had with my parents before they died. Then their death. This brought on tears. I didn’t cry at their funeral. I’m not sure y. When I started to cry I couldn’t stop it. Then I thought about my brother and his family and that made it worse. Then I thought about all the men I commanded that were dead before the attack of Marietta. Then the ones I talked to before we attacked that are dead now. They had such hopes in the future. Now they are in the ground and its because I wanted to help the 1st. Its my fault. Well never again. I rather die now than let my men do it for me. I cried it seemed for 30 minutes. Later on after I quit crying 2nd Lt. Medan came by saying something about a supply truck had arrived. I think he knew something was wrong with me because he said “it happens to us all”. As for that general he won’t make it far in this outfit especially with the 1st. I’m afraid some of the men might have a friendly fire accident. Well it be fine with me if they beat me to it because I might end up doing the same thing. Lt. Taylor is running the 1st company now and I had 2nd Lt. Medan take over the 2nd. As for the 3rd and 4th all I have to pick from is sergeants right now. They are hoping the 1st can help with the taking of Atlanta. I’m not sure we can. We are way under strength and all the top officers besides me are dead or injured. I just don’t know what to do right now other than tell men what to do. What encouragement can I give to them? Maybe I can find it.

Capt. GLM

August 28, 2010

I found him. The very bastard that ordered the air strike that killed my brother and his family. Seems he defected to Georgia during the Ten war and he’s sitting right in Atlanta no more than a 100 miles from here. I’m glad we kept some of the papers from the Ten war. I had a office clerk send the papers I needed in the last supply truck. I was wondering if I had anything left to fight for. Now I do. If I live to we get to Atlanta then the Colonel William Mitchell will meet me. I plan to make it painful for him. I won’t have him blown out of the sky no that’s too good for him. He will die by my hand or I will never have my revenge. As for our general if he won’t let me have this then he might meet a demise too. I will not be robbed of what is needed to be done.

Capt. GLM

August 29, 2010

We came under an air strike today. I never seen so many planes. The sky was black with them. Luckily it was fighters because if it was bombers we wouldn’t be here. They bombed us a lot like bombers but they couldn’t hit anything. I think we lost 2 hummers. They however lost 7 of their aircrafts. Our Hercules AA to the south in the 1st army did a number on some of them. 2 of our F-16 Squadrons came in but they were ran off. After a hour of bombing they left. Well it seems we will attack soon because of this, that is if that fuel ever gets here. That attack has me resolved to hunting that colonel down. I will have his head.

Capt. GLM

August 30, 2010

The fuel has finally arrived. We are ordered to move out when everyone ready to go. The 1st is ordered to take the lead again. We are to attack Atlanta in force in a frontal attack. Well that last part of the order will never happen because I already told the men to do what they think is the best thing to do. We should get there during the night and I plan to move the battalion in with the help of the Geo’s own night visions. I told the men not to fire at the general. They just said they didn’t plan to and some of them just smiled. I had them pack extra ammo and secure any sniper rifles they found among the other units. Some of the medium infantry got mad about this. So I asked them did they want to lead then. They settled down and said “No”. Now the 2nd company has a quarter of its men as snipers. Well the night of the attack the Geo’s will catch hell. My blood is boiling so death doesn’t bother me any more. Matter fact if I knew I could I run a hummer all the way into the heart of Atlanta. I would and try and take as many of those Geo’s with me. By tomorrow night we be out side Atlanta. We are to bypass Sandy Springs, Georgia and Roswell, Georgia and head straight to Northern Atlanta. A lot of the men in my battalion will be dead or injured after this is over and perhaps me too. I’m ready either way I’m going and that colonel and me are going to have a social call.

Capt. GLM

September 2, 2010

Not everything went according to plan. The 1st battalion made it between Sandy Springs and Roswell unnoticed but when the rest of the army tried to come through the Geo garrisons in those cities saw them and opened up on them. The general came on the comm. and told us to keep going. We could see the sky lit up by the lights of Atlanta itself. I told the drivers and anyone else with night visions to put them on and told the drivers to turn their lights off. After driving 5 miles with no Geo soldier in sight the comm. came alive with screaming and explosions. It had to be the 3rd in a major fight. I wanted to turn back at first but the thought of that colonel drove me on. As we neared Atlanta we ran into a whole garrison running down the road to the fight that was going on behind us. It was a moonless night and they couldn’t see us. So I told the battalion to wait until they got close then open up on them. After they got less than 50 yards of us I told the battalion to open up. The whole garrison was being ripped to shreds. After a few minutes not one of the geo soldiers were moving so I told the battalion to move on. As we came into view of Atlanta we could flashes to the south and south east. Those flashes had to be the 1st and 2nd armies attacking. So I told the men to get out of the hummers and the driver and gunner follow us with the hummers. I assembled the battalion in a line and told them all to follow me. As we got closer we saw another garrison moving down the road away from us. I wanted to hold fire but one geo battalion on the lose is too many so I told the battalion to attack. That caused the that whole side of Atlanta lit up with gun fire after we opened up. I had no choice then I told the whole battalion to attack. We came over a hill with bullets buzzing by us. Some of the men went down but we keep going. Then I told the men to scream as loud as they could. When they did it hurt my ears and they keep screaming even after some of them got injured. The hummers were tearing the building apart with Mg fire. We managed to get to those buildings after they went silent. I had the battalion clear the buildings as the hummers cleared the area around them. As I looked around a corner I saw the same garrison running away. I took pop shots at them as they ran. That caused them to turn and start coming back. I hollered for the battalion to get ready in the buildings. As the garrison got close I told the battalion to open up on them. A lot of them went down the rest turn and ran away as fast as they could. It was breaking dawn by this time. I knew I had to either move on into Atlanta or sit tight for the rest of the 3rd army to catch up. I wanted that colonel so I told the battalion to move on. So we got what ammo we could that we brought with us in the hummers and started to march into Atlanta. A lot of the men thought it was strange that all we ran into so far was garrison. We was hoping the 1st and 2nd armies had the Geo’s occupied for now. As we came under a overpass into the business district of Atlanta the buildings in front of us came alive with gun fire directed at us. I told the men to find cover and most hid behind the columns that were holding the bridge up. We were being pinned down by the gun fire. So I had to do something. I got the radio man to come up. I got on the radio and asked for close air support as bullets whizzed by me as I hid also behind one of the columns. There wasn’t any response at first but after a second someone came on saying there wasn’t any they could give us right now. “I had to make do until help arrives.” I couldn’t believe it. After a few minutes the firing stopped. I told 2 men to move up and the firing started again and they took out those 2 men. The medic wanted to go help them but some of the men stopped him. I then told all the men with a sniper rifles move up with care and see if they could pick any of those Geo soldiers off. They did and they actually could see them. They started to fire at the Geo’s and that stopped the Geo’s from firing at first but they opened up again. I got back on the radio and asked for support again. They said again I was on my own for now. Then someone came on asking where we were. I either thought it was another geo that got our radio signal or it was our planes some where over head. Seeing that the Geo’s knew where we were I told whoever it was our location. Then he said “tell your men to get low as they could”. I did then after a minute we heard roaring and we knew that sound. It had to be our A-10’s. The first one to come over was “The Demon” like he did before but there wasn’t as many A-10’s with him like last time. As they came over the overpass they started to fire into the buildings. As they came over the building they dropped bombs of some type and as the bombs hit the buildings they exploded and set the buildings on fire. I could see men jumping out of the buildings on fire. So that was napalm. As the A-10’s came circling back we heard other roaring sounds coming from the south and out of nowhere came fighters screaming straight down on the A-10’s. We saw missiles being fired at the A-10’s some got hit others were going everywhere and the black A-10 turned to face the Geo fighters. He was hit by a missile in the wing but he hit the fighter that shot the missile. We couldn’t see if he ejected or not. The other A-10’s tried to make a run out of here but a lot of them got shot down. I think I saw one A-10 make it out of here. After the Geo fighters left we moved up as close to the buildings as we could. The fire was intense and it was spreading to other buildings. We decided to hold up in any buildings that weren’t in threat of catching fire and wait for any of the armies to show up. I took account of my loses while we sit in these buildings. I lost 35 men in the attack with another 54 injured and they are with us in these buildings right now maybe the medics can make them comfortable until at least the 3rd army gets here. We haven’t taken Atlanta yet but if everyone else are as lucky as we are then Atlanta will fall soon. I have the 1st and 2nd companies watching the roads right now. Maybe we won’t have any trouble until the 3rd gets here. That Colonel will have to wait. Someday I will get him.

Capt. GLM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

September 5, 2010

It’s been 3 days now. We have seen neither any of our armies nor any of the Geo’s military. I don’t know what to make of this. I do know though at night when I’m on the roof of this building I’m in I see flashes in the distant all around me. I’m taking this as we are surrounded and our armies are trying to break through. I hope they do because we are running out of everything but ammo and our radios are dead now because of the cheap batteries the Alabama generals had put in them. Our water alone will maybe last 3 more days if we conserve it but for the past 2 days a heat wave has hit the southeast and the temperature has went as high as 110 degrees. Its seems also the water system to this area has been cut off or there is a major shortage of water in Georgia because all the lines here are dry. I hoped some of the dead Geo soldiers around here had some supplies we could use. All we found was some MRE’s no water. The sight of some of the dead Geo soldiers is sickening and the sight of them might have made me vomit months ago but now I seen to much to let it affect me. The heat wave has caused them to swell and burst open and the one’s that got barbequed seemed to invite the stray dogs out. We keep trying to drive them dogs off but its seems no use because they keep coming back. I’m afraid we will have to start shooting them if they don’t stop coming. I wish we could bury all those dead men even if they were trying to kill us. If we were out in the country all those men have a proper burial by now but in Atlanta all we got is concrete and steel. Some of my own men that were injured have died. The medics did all they could do but those men needed a hospital. Sadly we had to lay them out in the streets too. Urban combat is something none of us have experienced. I hope we don’t get into a major fight by ourselves. Also because the area we’re in is so dry even the sewers are without water. That would been bad for us because that gave the Geo’s a way to get to us without us seeing them so I had 2 emplacements set up down there with 2 Mg’s each. One looking South the other North and have a squad each holding them and had a rotation of squads every 8 hours. I know now we can’t move back to the 3rd army and we can’t move on into Atlanta anymore so now we have to hold this area at all cost. I just hope its not going cost every one of our lives.

Capt. GLM

September 6, 2010

We finally spotted some movement 4 blocks south of us. It seemed like infantry only but we couldn’t see what’s in the other streets to the east and west. I do know their Geo troops because one got close enough that I saw the Georgia flag own his shoulder while I was looking at the soldiers through my rifle scope. The Geo soldiers weren’t really in a hurry just walking our way but stop every now again and they moved within 2 blocks of us. I guess they were trying to figure which way they wanted to go. I tried to find any high ranking officers but I never saw any with any marks showing their rank. I guess their like us. We don’t want the officers to be known either. After a few minutes I saw one of them talking on the radio and they started to head east but I found one of their officers because I saw him tell all the other men to move east. So I took a shot at him at over a 1000 yards away. He went down and all the other Geo soldiers went every where. I didn’t fire anymore because I knew if I shot anymore they would find us. I wished I told my men not to fire because they opened up on any Geo soldier that was caught in the open, which caused the Geo’s to return fire. I got in to the fight then sniping whatever Geo soldier was stupid enough to stand still to long. After a few minutes the Geo’s went silent and I started to holler at the men to get ready. As they did we heard rumbling on the east and west side of us. As I watched a street that was heading east I saw 3 Abrams turn and started coming don’t that street toward us. The men that was watching the west hollered back saying they saw 4 coming from that way. I told the ones with LAW’s to get ready. The tanks started to fire on the building we were in. One of the shells hit in the floor above me causing some of that floor to collapse behind me. Luckily no one was behind me. As the tanks got closer I told the LAW’s to open up on them. The front 2 tanks on my side were hit and disabled. The last one went in reverse but was disabled by a LAW. As the tank crews of those tanks tried to get out we opened up on them. They didn’t get far. Then tanks shells hit it in the floor below us. I managed to get through collapsed floor that was behind me. As I got to the west side of the building a bullet came through the West wall grazing across the side of my head below my left eye which caused me fall down. My men thought I was dead but I got up with blood running down my face. They tried to get me to stay down but I told them to worry about the Geo’s. As I moved close to a west side window I saw only one tank knocked out but 6 were still firing least than 300 yards from us. I holler at the all LAW’s to open up on them. 20 Laws were sent flying at those tanks. All of them were hit. After the smoke cleared from the explosions I saw all the tanks went disabled. As the surviving crewmen try to get out we shot them down. Then in the North the Geo soldiers we didn’t kill started to fire again. When I got to were I see to the North again I saw more geo soldiers than last time. It had to be another battalion somewhere there we didn’t see. The Geo soldiers were charging up the street right at us. They moved the whole 2 blocks while we were fighting the tanks and they were nearly at the building we were in. All I could do was tell the men is fire at will. We took out the first men but they keep coming. A lot of them managed to get to our building. We started to throw grenades down on them taking a lot of them out but some got into the building. I could heard men fighting in hand to hand below. I told the men that was with me follow me. As we went down the stairs we heard footsteps coming up. I peered down the stairs and saw Geo soldiers coming up and going into every floor. I pulled out my desert eagle and told the men with me to start shooting down the stairs at any Geo soldier they saw. With that I continued down the stairs all along the way I heard fighting below me. At every floor I told my men on those floors to come out and shoot down the stairs at the Geo’s. As I got to the 4th floor 2 Geo soldier where coming out of the door leading to the 4th floor. I shot both of them before they could raise their guns. I heard a lot of footsteps coming up then and then a lot of firing above me. I heard bullets hitting the steps on the floor below me. I got back from the rail and just leaned against the wall behind me just pointing my pistol toward the way the Geo’s might appear. After a minute the firing above me stopped and some of my men started to come down to me. As they got on the steps above me a Geo soldier appeared in front of me. I shot him causing him to roll back down the steps. As my men got to me I told them to go down and clear the building out. As they went down I holler at the men above me to watch the streets. The men I sent down fired some. So after they cleared all the way to the 1st floor I went down. As I got to the 3rd floor there was Geo soldiers laying all over the stairs and on every floor below that I saw more Geo soldiers dead as well as some of mine. As I got to the 1st floor I saw my men that were holding the floor laying everywhere. None of them were alive. All of them were stabbed somewhere. Some of the Geo soldiers were around too and they died the same way. I wish I could have helped my men here. After we made sure no more Geo’s were coming we cleared the dead out of the building. I know it was sicken but we used the dead Geo’s as barricades for the entrances to this building. I found out who we fought because of the badge the Geo soldiers were wearing. It was the Geo’s 3rd and 4th marine and the 5th armor. These units were part of the Geo’s 4th army. Something tells me we should expect company in a day or 2. I hope the Alabama armies will get the lead out and get here soon because we can’t take too many more fights like this one. I took account of the 1st battalions loss’s 36 men dead and another 21 injured. Not counting all the ammo we used if we aren’t relieved soon we all will be killed or if best have to surrender. We can’t keep fighting forever.

Capt. GLM

Return to “After Action Reports”