The Modern Civil War

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

bergsjaeger
General

The Modern Civil War

Post by bergsjaeger »

This Scenario is after the US South East Scenarioin campaign mode. It pits the US North East, US South East, US West, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribeans ( not sure on that one's spelling). The scenario is a complete type which i like and there is no reunfication vote. I was playing as the US South East. At the start of the scenario the 2 regions that concern me were the US West ,who had nukes, and the US North East ,who had a huge army, also i had over 70% cause for war. And with the update 2 i can see they have over 70% cause too. But the one of the 2 that I watched the most was the US North East because they had tanks and infantry units on my border. I took this as a prepareness for war. And i was so right because one week into the scenario the US North East declared war on me while i was trying to get my economy going. And there i was with out my reserves deployed but the only luck i did have was that i had alot of garrisons on the border and all of em were either in a city or base. So the garrison slowed the advance of the North long enough for my to get my reserves online. There I was moving what units i could north ,which was 10 M1A1's and 20 Light infantry, and at the same time the North was rolling south. I tried air sorties with the 10 A-10's to slow the advance more but when i attack the North's ground units the North sent out its F-15's and F-14's and killed 5 out of 10 of my A-10's but i did take out 2 tanks and 3 infantry with 20 or so tanks and alot of infantry still moving south. The only thing the North messed up on was that in an area no more than 72 km's wide they left a gap in their lines. So with the 10 tanks I had and 15 of the light infantry I sent through the gap hoping to draw off some of the tanks the North had and the other 5 light infantry i set back as a defensive line . The North did commit some units to my attacking units but it was mostly AT and infantry units and not the tanks that i wanted. My advance finally got some breathing room at about 200 km into the North's territory and i was starting to cause a bulge in the region when the North started to cut my supply off. So i had to send 5 of my light infantry back to protect my supply. And with the remaining units i made a left hook just south of a Northern base in an attempt to cut off the units that are pushing into my regions west of my bulge. While i was doing this the North finally commited tanks at my forces. They sent 10 M1A2's aganist my M1A1's a battle i knew i would lose if I hadn't brought my light infantry along. The tank battle lasted for 2 days but in the end i won with only losing 2 tanks but the North lost 5 and the remaining were beat up good and were running to the base north of me. I will have to fight em again when they are repaired but right now I was able to gain some more land around my force and was able to kick out some more reserves. And as for the area were the tank battle was fought i renamed "Bull Run" ( hopefully Americans know what that name was.) And I renamed a base that i still hold that is in the Carolina area Fort Sumter. This will be a long hard fought war considering the North outnumber me and outclass me. But right now i can celebrate the victory and plan for a defensive war it seems. And its strange in a way the civil war for the south was fought with defense and here i am doing the same thing. Hope in doesn't end the same way.

Bergsjaeger= mountain hunter
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

The war started to heat up more. But i was able to get more units to deploy which was 10 light infantry, 3 M1A1's, 5 M270, and 2 M109A2's. With these units I sent to north east to the Chancellorsville area which was no more than 100 km's from Washington D. C. The area was being overrunned by the North which had several infantry and 5 tanks.

The battle for the area started 2 days after the Bull Run battle. After 2 days of battling I finally got some of my airforce online. 15 F-15's and 10 B52's.

I sent the F-15's to support my ground troops around Manassas (which was were the real Bull Run happened) And i sent the B-52's to bomb Washington D.C. itself. The F-15's were having an affect on the North's ground troops and i was actually gaining ground toward Washington D.C. and the B-52's received some damage but i killed alot of the population in Washington D.C. Around 10,000 people in the first bombing alone.

After 5 days of battling I regain most of the Winchester to Fredericksburg area and the line was stable for now.

But the line that was at the Ohio River were starting to come under fire from troops and planes that were coming out of the Illinois, Ohio, and Indiana areas but the garrisons that i had across the river were holding for now until i get reinforces there. But until then i sent the last 5 A-10's and all the F-15's as well as the B-52's to the area to help support the ground forces. There was loses on both sides. I lost a garrison, 2 of my A-10's 1 of my F-15's and 2 of my B-52's but the North lost 3 light infantry, 2 M1A2's, 3 F-15's and some kind of helio can't say the thing didn't last long enough to tell what it was. But after 5 days i regain control over the area for now. A long war still to fight.

bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Day 26 in the 2nd civil war. Things seemed peaceful but that worried me. because i know the north had alot of ground units but i'm wondering where they are. I know the AI likes to deploy alot of units around the bases and that will cause me problems because there is 6 bases along my border with the North so an invasion in the North be hard. But i'm am tired of fighting a defensive war.

So i decided a major invasion with a line from Richmond, Virginia all the way to Sringdale, Arkansas. The only thing that was holding me back was i needed more units. After a month i finally got 25 more light infantry, 10 medium infantry, 15 M1A1, 20 M109A2, 6 MIM-104 Pariots, 15 F-15's and 5 B-52's. Not a major force for what i wanted done.

So i sent the medium infantry all the way to the Arkansas area as well as 10 light infantry. I sent 5 more light infantry to the Bull Run area to reinforce the forces already there and my Bull Run was in in the South Western area of Kentucky. The rest of the forces i sent to Richmond to reinforce the forces there.

There was 3 key things i wanted to do. 1st take Washington D.C. or bomb it to the point the North have no use for the city. 2nd split the north in half by pushing all the way to the Great Lakes. 3rd take all of the western side of the split if i can do it.

So at day 62 in the 2nd civil war i attacked all on the line. The ferious fighting was on the road to Washington but the other areas were easy to push through. My forward units reached the Lakes in 4 days with lighter than expected fighting while the units to the west were engaging alot more than i expected. So the fight continues on.

bergsjaeger= mountain hunter
Last edited by bergsjaeger on Jun 06 2005, edited 1 time in total.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Day 70.

I have made gains in the Middle of the North but to the east and west i am having major fights. The fight to Washington is starting to go aganist me because there are several bases close to Washington that are reinforcing the North's line and there is also several more bases to the northeast that is startig to bring troops down. So i decided if i can't take Washington then i destroy it with planes and bombers. Which i started to do but that brought out the North's airforce which was more planes than i could count and a major air battle started but as it was being fought my bombers were bombing Washington but they were losing planes fast to the North's airforce.

To the west there were several battles that happened close to the North's bases that were located in the area. So i had to move the middle group ,that was still around the great lakes, to the west to help the west group. Hoping i could finish the fight to the west so i could move back to the east and hopefully finish off what was left of the North but the North still outnumbered me even with the region split in half. And with me moving the middle group the North tried to encircle that group so i had to move the middle group back to the great lakes area to prevent my supplies from being cut. So the west group was on its own until i can get some more units deployed.

I then decided to try out the navy some. And some navy i had, like 20 ships at most and PT boats made up 50% of it. I moved the navy from the Florida area all the way nearly to the Maryland area but they were attacked by the North's navy which had alot of subs the thing i didn't have. So alot of PT boat were lost before i moved my navy back south.

I'm starting to lose the war big time because if i don't get some reinforcements soon to help out the west then the units there will be over runned and the group trying to take Washington are starting to be beaten back. The only group holding it ground is the middle one but they are over 200km in North territory and they could easy be encircled and my navy is useless compared to the North's and my airforce is still in shape but if i have too many more air battles they be gone too. My only hope to win this war is if either or both Canada and US West declares war on the North. Which i'm not sure if it happen. If not i got a long war still to fight.

bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Day 84.

Finally got 2 things i been needing.

The rest of my light infantry out of reserve which was 25 of em. And the rest of my A-10's which was 30 of em.

The line toward Washington D.C. is holding for now been major fights there but i sent what airforce i had before i got my A-10's to support the line there. The middle group gained more ground and i was able to send troops from there to support the west group who was getting a beaten.

With the new deployments i decided for once and for all i was gonna take Washington or make such an end that the North will remember it forever.

Day 87

In one attack I sent all of my A-10's to Washington while the new light infantry units got into place around Richmond.

After 3 days of bombing the North forces around Washington were either destroy or almost. I order all the light infantry to attack even if it was to become a suicide attack. Many days of fighting due to the North reinforcing their lines but with my A-10's they didn't amount to much.

Day 96

Washington has fell

Day 97

The fight to end the North's rein begins. A long fight still to go.

bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Day 100

The war with the North is drawing to a close finally. I have took all of the north but all the bases and the northeastern part of the region. And in the NE is where New York City lies and taking that will be a major fight.

For 6 years I have known nothing but war. Maybe with the destruction of the North I can finally have peace but things don't seem that way. Even if I do win in the war there are more enemies to deal with. There's the US West who want control of the US and the Canadian's won't like me trying to reunify all of the US. With a war with either of them it will be another bloody war and the problem is I can't have peace with either of them so a war is the only option but I still got the US North to deal with first before I can look to peace in any form or war with others.

bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Day 110

The North has finally fell except 2 bases in the North east and New York City remains.

Day 125

The taking of New York City is all I have left but the way to do it is difficult to travel. They have their navy in the area and alot of air and ground units too. So an all out rush with everything is all I can think of doing. I have came to far to let any thing leave New York alive.

Day 140

New York has fell as well as al of the North but the cost for victory is high.

Lost over 20 units = to more than 140000 men and the total war cost me nearly 300000 men. The North lost 350000 men.

Return to “After Action Reports”