Paris Demo Update 2 observations

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Paris Demo Update 2 observations

Post by 3iff »

From the outset, build up an army and airforce. Concentrating on a mixed land force with attention to artillery and AA.

Experimented with the new diplomacy and soon allied with Portugal, non aggression pact with Madrid. Continued to build forces and positioned many on the border, ready for the inevitable Marseilles attack.

Built a few new industries, using engineers to speed construction...and waited...until Jan/Feb 2011. Researched the 2 main artillery range improvements so artillery range is now 69km (vs 54km for Marseilles units). Also added the bulpup missile.

Marseilles attacked. My strategy was to reunite Bordeaux and contain any Marseilles push, using artillery and my mixed force to stand firm...a few tanks to chase any penetrating units. He had a large airforce but my AA was ready. However, apart from a couple of sorties, his airforce stayed at home!

I absorbed the initial attacks, losing a few units on a poorly defended stack of artillery, then slowly pushed forward. Any hotspots were subject to a fierce artillery attack. Captured the NW base after a while and the eastern airfield was stripped of defenders and overrun. His aircraft made an attempt at attacking but soon ran off, my casualties were very light. I didn't see any use of missiles by his forces!

I've since swept up everything except for the airport and base at Marseilles. He has a mass of aircraft there and I've been reluctant to use my planes in the built up area. I'm nearly at the point where I can capture his airport...

Barcelona attack. I have to rush a few stacks from the Marseilles battle to the western coastal road to shore up defences. I hold, and use aircraft to bomb a few marauding tanks. I'm not going to attack before I finish off mainland Marseilles. I need the 100+ units to help my attack when it comes.

Surprisingly, both Portugal and Madrid attack Barcelona in the south. This could be interesting...

My economy is extremely stable, $8b in the bank and no shortages or production complaints anywhere. Research is sluggish. WM interventions are light (1 every 3-4 days?)

Losses 9, kills 136.

Update 2 is wonderful.
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Short update.

Everyone is now gone except for Portugal who have about 40% of what was Barcelona.

Unfortunately, I'm still allied with Portugal and he's reluctant to break the alliance. As my belli bar is only 12% justification and he's on 1% to attack me, I'm going to have to declare war on him. I don't think the WM will be happy...

Return to “After Action Reports”