Me as Marsailles... War is the only Way...

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Me as Marsailles... War is the only Way...

Post by CptBritish »

For the Title replace only with Best or most fun :P

Well this was my first Scenario that I've won :oops:

So I decided to do an AAR for it...

Anyways...

I started off by puting most of my offensive units in Reserve to save a bit of cash in the early days of economy...

I started making myself the leading exporter of Industrial/Commercial/Military Industrial Goods this paid Dividends in the future. I also set 12 engineer building to speed up my construction effort (I use three sets of four) and two more research centers.

But as I knew Paris would likely be the first to attack me I decided to Bunker up of the western end of our shared border... This would (or so it seemed at the time) give me a bit of defence in the West... I put minor defences in the East as this is where I would send all my Offensive units...

As Marsailles starts with an MBT and a decent Mech Infantry Unit I decided to put all my research into social and scientific projects that would make my DAR stay steady and I put Healthcare, Education and Infrastructure to the recommended and locked out my minster from this...

I also went about changing all my ministers because frankly the ones you start with are sh*t...

A couple of Months in and i'm starting to see nice profits... Now for my military build up...

I set my largest Base building MBTs and all the rest with light infantry and Mech infantry...

I build up along our (Me and Paris) eastern Shared border I blow all the bridges...

To My surprise Barcelona launches an attack on Aquitaine :) this gives me the extra forces that would have taken that to push to paris I move them East...

I reposition my men and launch the attack decimating their defence forces....

I got a CS:S match so i finish this in a bit...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Damn them they either not showing up or are late or watever...

Anyways...

I start Systimatically taking all their bases their navy in the Atlantic and English Channel is still a bit much for me to handle...
So I try to stay away from the coast...

I get closer and closer to Paris letting my supply catch up...

The Parisian Airforce starts making itself known as I have only half the Airforce (But double the ground troops) I can only hold them off until I get some decent AA (Which I had to stop research social projects to get :evil: )

After Fierce fighting on Both Land and Air I take Paris...

I'm about to reunite France Great...

The Parisians make a desperate push against my Eastern Bunkers they get through further than I would have liked but I manage to contain and destroy them...

I push east with my hordes of Mech Infantry and Tanks Wiping out all Opposition... I take their last base and they surrender... Giving me all their Atlantic fleet and the Ships in the Channel...

I take a moment to feel good about my new found prise then I look on to further conquest...

I position my forces along the Iberian Mountains...

From the time I've spent playing this game I know that the comp 'WILL' attack you sooner or later if you have anything worth the name 'Armed Forces'

I Build lots of bunkers and AA emplacements along the Mountains..

As not to bog down my fast Offensive forces I build lots of Garrisons and light AT Units as well as my newly researched MLRS 8) I fill the Bunkers just in time...

Madrid Attacks...

The western part of the defences is the first finished so the few attacks they send fall apart and retreat...

I decide to supply barcelona with my weaker tanks and some Recon units (How I wish I hadn't done this)...

They use them to good effect against Madrid which makes me happy has I was hoping for them (Barcelona) to Push on Madrid they encircled it so many times and just got beaten back...

I turtle for a year Researching and Building up while still supplying Barcelona...

I buy the Ibiza Islands they must have not liked this because two months later they attack me :o :o :o ...

Luckly I had built a small base on the largest island and managed to build a couple of garrison units and managed to destroy the one mech infantry on the island...

I Attack Barcelona with Land, Sea and Air units destroying the nice build up of units barcelona has around their capital...

It all down hill for Barcelona now...

Right i'm gonna watch the rest of the England Vs USA Match...

Sorry America We're gonna destroy you...
Last edited by CptBritish on May 28 2005, edited 1 time in total.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Right then I might as well 'Try' and finish this before I go to sleep....

As I captured Barcelona I sent my Fleet down the Eastern Spanish coast and met up with another Turtled base great... they only have light mobile mortars... I leave me fleet out of range while they have their way with the enemy ground units...

With my Ground forces I spread out west along the river destroying the Bridge just south of Barcelona...

I now have a two front war but I checked the Military Rating and I had nothing to worry about....

Other than Portugal that is but they were not at war with me Yet...

I hold Barcelona to a draw in the south east while I pound Madrid in the center of spain.... Doing this I encircle the city of Madrid...

The Siege Begins...

I begin my tactic of lots of artillary AT units and light infantry in Bunkers great against anything that can't fly or float... seeing as though i'm not near the Sea I just have to worry about Madrid Surprisingly strong Airforce... I Set up some Stationary AA... near my Bunkers...

I decide Barcelona's Few and Far Between attacks are more than Annoying... I sweep round the coast with my Fleet and Some Mech Infantry and Hold them at their last Base... I don't want a shared border with Portugal yet they could declare war... :wink:

I then Dig in some of my troops along the River near the Eastern most Barcelonian Base... And rain death on them with my MLRSs

While some of the Mech Infantry is sent to repair for the Assault on Madrid... I have a nice amount of techs at this point... and at am Tech Level 105 so I research the TE-MBT or watever it is its done in about 3 days :P

I build 18 of them with my Ample amount of bases...

100 days later and the Madrid Military Casualties have risen to about 30,000 due to their suicidial attacks on my sieging forces... I've Manged to Siege their other base (the southern Most Base Madrid has) and the one directly West of Madrid is no problem for some reason...

My Tanks are ready I assemble my Military Might north of Madrid and unleash and 'Shock and Awe' attack with massed artillary for about 5 days 10,000 Casualties laters I storm Madrid that is still under barrage by my Artillary their Airforce Mobilised but is shot from the sky by my AA I send in my fighter Bombers...

Casualties start to rise...

Then the Guns fall silent... The Few Units remaining make a tactical retreat to there base to the west...

Portugal Declares War... Great just what I need...

Luckly for me I have no shared border with them so its not a problem...

I sweep round to the Madridian Base north of Portugal (which I had forgot about and set up my lines their (after destroying the pitiful Madridian Forces) Portugal launches an Attack possibly to Avenge their Iberian Brothers (Most likely Because v1.0 Demo AI was Suicidal) They nearly break thru my Half Prepared Forces had they sent a full on attack they may have broken through but Fate was on my side I launch a Counter attack but I wasn't really prepared for one and I only managed to beat them back to the first River...

I let supply catch up...

Launch my Second attack on the Weakening Portugese forces...

I get stopped at Lisbon but heavy Artillary I bring in my Atlantic 'Fleet' (5 Ships :roll: them rest had been destroyed fighting the Madridian Atlantic Fleet) and Hit the Artillary in the back...

I Launch my second attack...

I break the Around Lisbon...

I look on to their last Base... The Last (Real) Bastion of Iberian Hope...

Though Madrid had two Bases left and Barcelona One they were contained so I thought nothing of them but this last base would be slightly tricky. It had Lots and Lots of Artillary and Tanks and Mech Infantry around it... I Bring in My Airforce to try and weaken them...

Planes that attacked:20
Planes that Returned:5

Score a Victory for Portugal...

Undeterred by this I assemble all my reserves all my Garrisons of sieging troops and decide to Smash all Iberian Hope in One...

I send all my Heavy tanks and Mech Infantry at Portugal supported by Artillary and 'Some' Off shore fire they break the Portugese ...

They Surrender to Me 8)

I Check how my Reserves and Sieging Units were Going on with there Eastern Attack...

The Sieging units that were Guard the Madridian Base to the East of the City of Madrid Managed to Break the Defending Forces :P

But then I noticed my Southern Sieging Units are not coping too well after all they were Light Infantry and Light Artillary sent to do the Job of MBTs, Mech Infantry and MLRSs. Thinking of the lives of my Brave Soldiers I send my Tired and Low Supply units that Just Crushed Portugal towards the Flank of the last Madrid Base they Lose just about all their Defenders before Surrendering to Barcelona...

Barcelona sends out its Airforce (Which I didn't realise they had in such numbers) luckly I had some AA units down to the south they manage to hold them off for about 10 seconds but my forces pushed on...

Under Heavy Bombardment for Both Land and Air my Units take the Last Stronghold of the Iberian lands and I'm Victorious...... as France...

Theres an Oxymoron if I ever heard one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Summary:

I think I could have Destroyed both Barcelona and Madrid alot sooner, plus I think I need to work more on my Airforce in future to counter the AIs skilled use of it...

bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Here's a test. Try doing it again with nothing but ground units only. I have took out 4 regions with only few airforce units and no navy and a hella lot of ground units. One even had a navy that was bombing the hell out of my forces. But it didn't stop me. And the funny part it was mostly light and medium infantry and aganist air naval and tanks with a few arty and infantry thrown into the mix. But the death count for em was over 50000 ( keep in mind they only had 125000 man army) . :lol: and this army was Florida. And i was Alabama and my death count was 10000 or so. But what helped me with the Florida navy was Arkansas declared war on Florida and they weren't my ally (strange) and the Arkansas navy took out the Florida navy. And oh i think i smell London burning ( oh i forgot i sent some arty there) :wink:

Bergsjaeger= mountain hunter

Return to “After Action Reports”