Take me to the Congo.....

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

aegisx
Colonel

Take me to the Congo.....

Post by aegisx »

I am finding the less high-tech, sparse regions pretty fun to play. Thought I would give the Congo a try.

My first step in bring the great Congo to glory was the explusion of the weak government. I will be the government. As dictator, I will be more able to guide my people, since I do know whats best for them. One thing that is not good for them is all that social spending! I cut that in half my first day.

You may be asking, what will you do when people start emmigrating? Well, another order sent down was to disallow emmigration. I cannot let me people be brutalized by some foreign government!

more to come...
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

The situation in Africa is not looking good. There are serveral big players to worry about. South Africa , Libya and Morocco could all be planning to split central Africa. This cannot happen! It is my duty to unite, by whatever means necessary, central Africa. I do not think my neighbors will be very open to deals and alliances, so by the gun it may have to be.

I have orders my generals to come up with an elite corp of troops. They should prove very useful in the battles to come. Sadly we only have 1 air strip, so I will order another one to be built It will be built in the west, near Tanazia. Coincidence? We'll see.

Sigh, I guess my people have to eat, so I ordered farms to be built. At least we can stop buying other people food then....
Moritz
Captain

Post by Moritz »

aegisx wrote:
Sigh, I guess my people have to eat, so I ordered farms to be built. At least we can stop buying other people food then....
that was funny.
Welcome to modern warfare this isn't C&C
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

Due to mass invasions, Im gonna have to continue this later ;) Once I can figure out how to be aggressive without getting declared war on by everyone, I can better play the dictator.
britishcop
Corporal

Man after my own heart!

Post by britishcop »

Great country to take Aegis, and I am all gearing up to try Angola or Tanzania.. . . . . Dictatorship and ludicrous medals await!
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

Good luck ;) Its a challenge... not much supply, so bring trucks.

Post by Guest »

Any chance for pics? This looks like a fun campaign.

BM
britishcop
Corporal

The Congo........

Post by britishcop »

Well Aegis I gave the Congo a go (as it were (!).Much like your account on another thread there was little ...... actually no ....... there was no initiative from other countries.Geared up to try and woo Tanzania and Nigeria and tried to goad Angola into war while building up my forces.Economy started to nosedive (unemployment 28%,Inflation MINUS 9% and DAR 20% anyone?!) until a drive for GDP pulled me back from the brink.Ended scenario with a 35% DAR,Inflation at 4% and unemployment at 6% which I suspect the current clowns in the Congo would be pretty happy with.
On the other hand,having been unable to get the other countries to react at all I had been mashed militarily after invading Angola and after initial success being attacked by Nigeria,Tanzania (that was embarrassing) and even Sudan got in on the act.I realised this would happen but just got frustrated with the stalemate.
In conclusion I enjoyed the economic model butthat diplomacy needs sorting !
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

The african nations will be neat to play. Economy challenge, and lots of old equipment and open space :)
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

I'm trying Congo now...it's not easy at all.

Cash is low, DAR is 12 (yes, 12) where everyone else is 24+, unemployment is 30%, inflation -15%. I've had to shut half my bases and I'm nit building more units as I can't afford to. I'm trying to expand industry but industrial goods is a serious block.

Tanzania is my only friend (nearly a mutual defense pact). Cameroon and Angola are far stronger than I am. Cameroon have a large collection of tanks and artillery massed around his coastal town, many of them WM supplied.

Morocco and Libya are at war but otherwise it's quiet. Any advice from anyone who's played this??
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: Take me to the Congo.....

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

aegisx wrote: My first step in bring the great Congo to glory was the explusion of the weak government. I will be the government. As dictator, I will be more able to guide my people, since I do know whats best for them. One thing that is not good for them is all that social spending! I cut that in half my first day....more to come...
So, what happened in the days after this post began???
Interested to hear of your challenges, successes...and of course, failures.

I too find playing the 'disadvantaged' challenges - doing Ethiopia right now - in part because the equipment is low-tech in the beginning and economic must be run effectively to create a winning military force, especially when those other African state have been offered more high-tech equipment from the WM along the way.

Care to clue us in....or did the Great Dictator of the Congo die of HIV or some other malady during the campaigns?
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

[quote="geminif4ucorsair].or did the Great Dictator of the Congo die of HIV or some other malady during the campaigns?[/quote]

Probably ... it is 2 years later ... :wink:
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

geminif4ucorsair wrote:.or did the Great Dictator of the Congo die of HIV or some other malady during the campaigns?
BigStone wrote:Probably ... it is 2 years later ... :wink:
I realized that...and thought if the game continued, players might actually be through the continential conquest!
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

africa

Post by SoB »

a hard one to play play is nambai fedration you have a stable econmy but SA to the south and angola to the north let just say you will need a ally then ther is madergaster

Return to “After Action Reports”