AAR - Japan WW3 - The world on fire.

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

AAR - Japan WW3 - The world on fire.

Post by SGTscuba »

First time playing japan so i have it easy, but ai on normal, fog of war off.

Japan now owns korea. I have scrapped my land bases on japan and upgraded and built more on korea. I have also ordered all planes and ships except for transport ships to be sold. I will move the whole army to korea as this is th only place i am likely to be attacked.

I was quite suprised by the jap units, they can even research the b-52 which suprised me. I have put this onto research aswell and a few of the good destroyers and the j-lav unit because they are so hard hitting. I am just wondering whether japan will get a good destroyer in a few tech levels times like europe and US does. I like the long range ships.

However my main concern is to rebuild the jap economy so that it can support most of my needs (except for uranium) and any resources i am unable to get i will steal from china when the inevitable war breaks out between us.

I am researching the hard hitting m1-a kami IFV, this has exceptional stats but also a long build time for infantry (over 50 days). However, they will help my army to kill the chinese forces easily. I plan to have several lines of defence.

Once i have pushed them out of korea then i will reduce it to just a frontline and use the reserves to push out the front in the hope of taking many of their bases by my forces.

I will also rebuild the jap navy and airforce with modern and very hard hitting equipment. The army will be recieving ws-1b's and the navy the shipwreck missile. For the airforce, there will be b52s carrying long range anti fort missiles in order to destroy bases. I will also unleash a hail of these on any ws-1bs that are near my front in order to protect my advance.

I hope my ws-1b's can catch any enemy planes on the ground as a few times they have been well in range and not fired on planes that are just waiting to be destroyed.

I have also put the ddx3 into construction. Even though this ship can only fire 55km it does have the ability to hit high air targets from over 360km away. It also has a very good asw stat and this makes this type of ship very appealing to me. Also, to provide transport around the world later on, i have put into construction wasp and sacramento tranposts. The latter will also be used to supply ships as my ddx's only have a range of 9000km. This is just enough to go from africa to south america and back and is only one of the 2 faults i find with this ship. It has crap gun range and crap range of action. However anti ship has been improved by the addition of the 800km ship wreck missile.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Japan's main problem is its supply of oil. However, with its starting tech level of 106 means that it can research the synthetic fuel plants. I am now aiming to supply just above what i need and maybe to export some fuel to make some extra money for my new units and research.

Russia has also declared against China.

I am also getting worried about China starting to build up ws-1b's. I thought they might not build it as it is not very good beside its range. However, they have been building different units and i have actually seen very few units come out of base. Maybe they are running low on funds, maybe they are running out of military goods or everything is rushing towards the russian front, who knows.

I am also making a very small profit and might be unable to build units, so somewhere i will have to cut back for now until i get some of the chinese land.

Most of my units have now made it to Korea. However, the fuel shortage slows this down as i have nuclear units. I have not built any new units due to lack of funds, however, i am slowly getting my synth fuel plants coming online, i have also reduced the amount of facilities that are under construction. Any commodities i have an excess of i have the facilities that are under construction opened in order to save industrial goods and save money on construction.

There is now a mass of chinese units moving between the 2 bases in the north east. This will probably cause me a lot of troubles and so i will concentrate the bulk of the armor there.

I have also decreased my military effic and my social spending in order to continue paying for the construction of my new facilities. My hate against China continues to grow.

What i hate most about playing offline, is the fact that you dont support each other, normally i give money to my mate, and he will give me other resources and techs in return. Later on this changes and i give him techs for both land and money.

I cannot wait until my new factories are done, because there is no point attacking as my forces would break down due to lack of fuel. This is why i have decided to stay neutral. i will let India join the war before i will attack China unless i have a large force beforehand. I am planning to scrap all of my starting units.

I have also increased my spending on construction to almost 400m dollars a day.

Will post picy's later.

Return to “After Action Reports”