WWIII

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Kaiser
Warrant Officer

WWIII

Post by Kaiser »

Ok unlike most people I have been able to do very well diplomacy wise. My problem is when they are suppose to uphold those treaties. Ive got
v4.6.1

Im playing WWIII on Complete/Hard. My government is a Dictatorship. I am currently playing as Germany and the date is Dec 29, 2016. I think my game is unique because the AI is going crazy diplomacy wise. Every country has almost 4+ allies. Egypt alone is allied to almost every country in the game.

I was able to get a ...

Formal Alliance with: USA, Israel, British Isles, Egypt,
Mutual Defense with: USA, Egypt, Israel, British Isles,
Non Agression Pact with: USA, Israel, British Isles, Egypt,
Full Transit Treaty with: USA, Israel, British Isles, Egypt,
Land Trasit and Supply with: USA, Israel, British Isles, Egypt,
Air Transit with: USA, Israel, British Isles, Egypt,
Sea Transit and Supply with: USA, Israel, British Isles, Egypt,
Line of Sight Treaty with: USA, Israel, British Isles, Egypt,
Free Trade with: USA, Egypt, Israel, British Isles,
Embassy with: USA, Israel, British Isles, Egypt,

Ive also got embassies with a few other countries. But my problem is amost every other country has over 5 or 6 + allies. Right now im at war with Ukraine, France, Poland, and Austro-Hungary. Now the countries I have the Full Alliance and Mutual Defense with dont want to help me. My relations with them is fully maxed! Is there some odd and weird reason my scenario is running this course?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Actaully what your describing is very standard.In most games, regions ally with far too many other regions,AND these alliances are often contradictory.

And yes, the AI wont help you in the vast majority of alliance cases UNLESS you trick/help them into it.

For instance,if you (region A) are at war with region B, and region C is allied to you(A) and NOT them(B) yet,find a border C shares with B and fight with your troops at that location.
This can often draw C into the war against B.

IF C is also at war with B(like you are), but not in a position it will react with troops from to help you fight B.Use the "lend lease " trick i use.

IF C is however allied with B as well as you, its pretty damn difficult to get them to care one way or another.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”