Draw borders with peace

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

BulMaster
Warrant Officer

Post by BulMaster »

In the event that you sign a peace treaty(wait that doesn't exist?) would you be able to draw the new borders of the two regions? or those will be the ones at the end of the war?

Can you impose a treaty on two other regions? like a forced peace? trough a peace conference?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

For the first question, yes you can redraw borders but we've not yet implemented the feature. We refer to this as the "land marker". As part of the diplomatic system you can trade anything for anything. Heck, in our last lan game I sent a request to one of the players for 2 billion in exchange for nothing. He asked why he should pay and I got to tell him I thought my dozens of tanks on his border was one heck of a reason :grin: Based on this system, you would pre-highlight the areas you wished to see change ownership. You would then offer peace and any land to give in exchange for peace and any land to recieve. You could even make it more complex asking for other treaties, research or financial compensation in return. Peace is handled as a treaty that is disolved when the two regions go to war.

As for trading "Peace with player X" where you impose something on others, the design originally called for it but we've been over it a few times without locking it down. There are some implementation issues that make it difficult. In multiplayer, of course, you can just use the e-mail system to do the negotiations. That's how our multiplayer games usually go.
Steelsky
Captain

Post by Steelsky »

in our last lan game I sent a request to one of the players for 2 billion in exchange for nothing. He asked why he should pay and I got to tell him I thought my dozens of tanks on his border was one heck of a reason :D
Don't you just love Gunboat diplomacy?

/Steelsky
BulMaster
Warrant Officer

Post by BulMaster »

One little question did he accept the terms? :razz:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

YUP! I even got another 500 mil out of him later...

... then attacked and crushed him :lol:
BulMaster
Warrant Officer

Post by BulMaster »

Can i get your real name? so in case you go for president or something i will try to prevent it, for the sake of the world :razz::)
djtrix
Warrant Officer

Post by djtrix »

Considering they're here in Canada, we don't have to worry about them going for President, just Prime Minister. And something tells me that Canada is not going to lead the way to world domination. (Although, it would be one HELL of a sneak attack!)

For anyone more interested in seeing Canada in action: Rent the movie Canadian Bacon.

:smile:
BulMaster
Warrant Officer

Post by BulMaster »

On 2004-03-09 14:57, djtrix wrote:
Considering they're here in Canada, we don't have to worry about them going for President, just Prime Minister. And something tells me that Canada is not going to lead the way to world domination. (Although, it would be one HELL of a sneak attack!)
We have a saying that the quiest waters are the deepest!;)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BulMaster on 2004-03-10 13:09 ]</font>
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

I like "Canadian Bacon". Good old Canadian Satirical jabs at the American Political use of the cold war. And if you liked it, try "Buried on Sunday" - a Canadian Fishing Community gets ahold of a Russian Nuclear Sub and Nukes Mount Rushmore and Canada's Wonderland (the symbols of the respective countries :grin: ).
djtrix
Warrant Officer

Post by djtrix »

I'd never even heard of "Buried on Sunday" but I will definately check it out!

The funny thing about Canada's Wonderland... It's owned by Paramount! :smile:
ilkhan
Warrant Officer

Post by ilkhan »

The US should have just annexed Canada its not like they would really notice. Do we even guard our borders anymore besides "do you have any fruits or Vegitables?" But I guess Canada is safe...... until we run out of wood.

Well I guess they would notice the first time they needed their Heart medicine, that they need to live, and it costed 30 dollers a pill.
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

George W. would only want Alberta, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland. Those are the only provinces with notable oil reserves :wink:

Other Canadian Resources :

Prince Edward Island - Potatoes and Lucy Maud Montgomery heritage (Anne of Green Gables)

Quebec - Lots of Hydro, Poutine, and our Publisher

Ontario - Don Cherry and hmmmmm.... what else do we have? Oh yeah, a really impressive Development Studio specializing in intense Strategy Games! :grin:

Saskatchewan - a lot of wheat and REALLY flat land. Kind of like Kansas but with snow instead of tornados.

Manitoba - "The Guess Who"

British Columbia - Salmon, Timber, and "Doug and the Slugs"!
djtrix
Warrant Officer

Post by djtrix »

You forgot these:

Yukon: Precious stones and metals.. and tundra
Northwest Territories: More tundra, Inuit art
Iqualuit: Even more tundra and polar bears... And the seal hunt of course!

Why anyone would want those three I don't know. That's why most Canadians feel pretty secure.. Worse comes to worse, we'll just keep moving North...

Besides, everyone knows that the CN tower is rigged to blow if we lose the city!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Besides, we all know what happened last time the US attacked Canada :razz:
BulMaster
Warrant Officer

Post by BulMaster »

I kinds miss that part of history, then again im not supposed to know the history of each country but just when did the us atack canada :wink:

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”