What happens to World market treaties on the world map scena

Discussion about the Diplomacy System in SR2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

If the WM is no longer the large off map presence,but is now instead you and your neighbors,just who is the treaty with at this point ?

Also,the no wmd treaty brings up some questions.If the world market frowns on regions having wmd,does this mean no regions in the world scenario will have any at start of scenario ?After all, up until this point they were the wolrd market.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

You are correct that at the world level, there is no more world market as a separate entity. The total players in the game are all the members of the world market. However, the administration elements remain. Any treaties are signed with any other members of the WM. If you request a vote, it’s the same as before except the number of votes is no longer # players +1, it’s just # players. The vote still gets sent to everyone. Requests for military or financial aid would send e-mails to all members and anyone who wished to respond could do so. There would be no e-mails sent out offering loans or equipment from the world market. These treaties would still be larger scale treaties that would have some value. The only thing we haven’t really addressed is what happens if every player opts to no longer be a world market member. Perhaps it should then be dissolved?

On the issue of WMD, your actually crossing two issues here. First thing to determine is are we talking about a Campaign game or a Scenario? If it's a scenario and you chose the world level then the regions that currently have inventory of WMD would have them. In a Campaign game, I would hope that the actions you’ve taken in previous scenarios would affect the starting conditions of the final map. That’s the way the design is written anyway. Just because the WM doesn’t like WMD doesn’t mean they don’t understand the principles of a cold war.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Ok, if your playing thru the campaign and get to the final world map scenario,and you made treaties with the world market all the way there,will those treaties still exist and with whom ?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'm not really sure yet. You're a little ahead of us on that issue. Check back in a bit on that one, k?
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Actually the World Market treaties are generally behavioural international agreements, Rights of Women, Rights of Children, Land Mine Ban, etc... When you get to the World Level Scenario, your signature on those agreements is still in place. Although there is no longer an off-map presence to react to breaches of these agreements, they will still impact your reputation with the other regions -- and it will definitely affect how they trust you.

Note... I've been debating whether there will still be World Market units present in the World Market scenario. Essentially, even though they might be able to over-power any one region, making them upset could still cause WM units to be deployed with an enemy against you, tipping the Balance of Power!
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Well I think if the WM forces are independent of the regions that make up the WM- like the UN force is,then it should still exist as a "Landless" military force.

Maybe in the final scenario of the campigns,the WM should have bases in the major regions of the map that are under their control and NOT the control of the region the bases are in ?
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

We can't give WM control of bases in someone's territory, but we might still leave some neutral territory for them to be based. (Hawaii might be a good idea)
Vesson
Warrant Officer

Post by Vesson »

Why not make Switzerland the HQ of the WM? :smile: The Swiss are still neutral but the WM HQ is geographically located there because of the neutrality of Switzerland...

U could have Switzerland as an unattackable country, just like in real life :wink: And WM units stationed there... Would be one way of ensuring theres always a WM.

Or u could just go with Hawaii... Hawaii is good... :grin:
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

this reminds me about xcom, when i was placing the super screat physhic training bases, i put them on hawii and australia :D

afterwards i was like, 'wtf? they physhicing my ass :evil: ?' but then i rememed it was a game...
lol :(
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ah, X-Com, so many lost hours... :wink:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

i _still_ play the (3rd party patched) original xcom (autocombat :D)

it is still the best tatical/stratage game on a squad level
there has been NOTHING that even comes close...

Return to “Diplomacy - State Department”